LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v257.15 Windows 7/Vista 64bit | NVIDIA Desktop and Notebook OEM

mobilenvidia

Confirmed that rolling back to 197.x restored my brightness controls, but it also reintroduced BSOD, game freezing, and process termination failure in Bad Company 2. Putting 257.15 back on removed brightness controls again. Any idea if there's a way to force the brightness controls in 25x.x series?

In the modded inf, remove the line "HKR,, EnableBrightnessControl, %REG_DWORD%, 1" under [Mobile_Tweaks]. I have the same problem with my G51vx. :)

Edited by conwar

what the hell is wrong with you guys why no reply huh i asked kindly to give feedback about if the 2d acceleration is working on these instead like the 19xx where it doesnt,thanks in advance yall

Guest Shadow

what the hell is wrong with you guys why no reply huh i asked kindly to give feedback about if the 2d acceleration is working on these instead like the 19xx where it doesnt,thanks in advance yall

On my Dell V1500 w/ 8400M GS it works but will only do 2D while on battery power not A/C adapter.

Guest genie

In the modded inf, remove the line "HKR,, EnableBrightnessControl, %REG_DWORD%, 1" under [Mobile_Tweaks]. I have the same problem with my G51vx. :)

Worked like a charm, thanks a ton! I'll try to remember this if I have issues with later updates. You guys rock!

Guest paoloc

Hello

I tried to install on an Acer 8940G with GTS250M

The installation runs smoothly until I get the error message "Cannot install NVidia Control Panel" and it rolls back and restart. After restart I have VGA standard driver.

A restore point gives me the old NVidia drivers.

Any idea why it refuses to install the Control Panel and abort the installation?

Thx

so anybody have issues with the 2d like shadow or not please i already installed yet havent noticed a difference anybody can give me some feedback please im just a noob

Guest qwertyyyyyy

Hello

I tried to install on an Acer 8940G with GTS250M

The installation runs smoothly until I get the error message "Cannot install NVidia Control Panel" and it rolls back and restart. After restart I have VGA standard driver.

A restore point gives me the old NVidia drivers.

Any idea why it refuses to install the Control Panel and abort the installation?

Thx

i have the same problem, does someone know how to solve it (oh i am using nvidia geforce gt230m)

Acer 8930g here with a 9700M gt and i have the exact same problem as you guys, i'm looking into a fix /workaround.

i have the same problem, does someone know how to solve it (oh i am using nvidia geforce gt230m)

I have solved it! woop! :)

Right, when I downloaded the drivers on page 1 of this forum, they fought back, so i went onto the nvidia site and got them there. I then used the modded INF on the first page of this topic. ( i also used the brightness fix described a couple of posts ago.... thanks alot for that!!).

so i proceeded to put the modded inf into the extracted directory of the drivers.

In order to try and avoid the setup whining about no control panel i tried the classic 'have disk' method.

A quick tutorial for this method can be found here :

(its a good one :P... screenies and all!)

And that method worked perfectly, control panel and all.

OPTIONAL STEP: i then installed nvidia system tools (previously called ntune) so that overclocking is made shimples :)

I hope this can help those who had the same problem as me.

Guest qwertyyyyyy

I have solved it! woop! :)

Right, when I downloaded the drivers on page 1 of this forum, they fought back, so i went onto the nvidia site and got them there. I then used the modded INF on the first page of this topic. ( i also used the brightness fix described a couple of posts ago.... thanks alot for that!!).

so i proceeded to put the modded inf into the extracted directory of the drivers.

In order to try and avoid the setup whining about no control panel i tried the classic 'have disk' method.

A quick tutorial for this method can be found here :

(its a good one :unsure:... screenies and all!)

And that method worked perfectly, control panel and all.

OPTIONAL STEP: i then installed nvidia system tools (previously called ntune) so that overclocking is made shimples :)

I hope this can help those who had the same problem as me.

thank u, :P

Huge performance improvement on video playback. This includes resolving the issue with avi/wmv playback on gpu accelerated players. HD playback improved greatly on all players. I had a friend report huge improvement even in VLC. I'm seeing varied improvement in various other things as well.

Installation fails for my 9600M GT.

Using the customized inf in all three cases:

* The customized installer yields a message stating that control panel files were not found.

* The have-disk method with the customized installer files yields "The system cannot find the file specified."

* The have-disk method with the original installer also yields the latter message.

Hey guys, completely new here but I'm fed up of waiting for Sony to update their flipping drivers !

I've got the Vaio VPCF11Z1E, which has a 330M chip, however I'm not entirely sure if this is the correct driver to be downloading ?

I also would like to take advantage of the Cuda stuff for my 3d work but those drivers from the Cuda site don't install either.

:)

EDIT:

Ah, I tried out the 'Have Disc' method, and it installed correctly :)

Edited by Crotchy

Guest fernando

i have a sony vgn-fz348e im running windows 7 and have tried every combo of drivers for the 8400m gt if anybody has it running or has a driver for it contact me at fcm94@yahoo.com

i have a sony vgn-fz348e im running windows 7 and have tried every combo of drivers for the 8400m gt if anybody has it running or has a driver for it contact me at fcm94@yahoo.com

I too have a Vaio and I can tell u that Sony sucks donkey dick!!! they are nothing but cheapskates

You have to use the modded INF or if we are one of the 25x versions will appear on MS Update where it will have support for multiple vendors

why were older Geforce Go GPU's all missed out in this release , even the INF doesn't support them , please add the same .

• 2 weeks later...

i'm having some issues playing games under native resolution, namely on 640x480 resolution.

with these drivers, all i get on this resolution is a window with the respective resolution, centered on the screen, and everything else around it is black. i just don't understand what's going on. guess i'm going back to the previous driver version (197.16).

if someone else is having or had this problem before and knows how to fix please do. either way i don't mind using the 'old' drivers.

With this driver, it says my hardware physx is working

Capture.jpg

Edited by Nvidia8600m

• 1 month later...

I spent a few hours testing some drivers on my machine - ASUS M50VN-AS023C - NVIDIA 9650m GT: Used Acronis True Image to restore a Clean Windows 7 x64 installation without graphic driver.

188.81 - 5001

189.64 - 4750

197.75 - 4726

257.15 - "Crashed"

257.21 - 4721

257.41 - 4993

258.19 - 4763

258.69 - "Crashed"

258.80 - 4737

258.96 - "Crashed"

259.31 - 4756

259.32 - 4757

• 7 months later...

screen brightness doesn't work on my old arse video card (just postin...)

• 8 years later...

Is this driver still hosted on this website?  I'm not finding a direct download link for it anywhere here?

Thanks in advance.

6 hours ago, lolroflmywaffle said:

Is this driver still hosted on this website?  I'm not finding a direct download link for it anywhere here?

Why do you want this antiquated driver which has been tagged "Crashed" by the user above?

Did you try the latest?

https://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/33266-v30908-windows-vista78-last-windows-driver-for-curie-architecture/