LaptopVideo2Go Forums

9800m GTS won't support 192x1080

Guest master_axe

Guest master_axe

Hey,

I hope someone can help me... I am totally baffled. I bought an external Monitor today, one that supports 1920x1080. After installing its driver (going to advanced settings and to the "Monitor" tab, I now see my monitor), it showed me my 1920x1080. Then I moved my laptop, the screen went blank, and it went back the way it was before installing the driver- it just won't go 1920x1080.

Its native resolution is 1920x1080. The graphic modes (on the graphics card tab in advanced settings) doesnt list a 1920x1080. Also, on closer inspection, the screen is wider than normal, could that have anything to do with it?

It won't let me only use the monitor, and when i use extended desktop, when doing normal stuff (however more extremely while gaming), the left side will push inwards, cutting off the right side of the picture, about half way. This will flicker. Any ideas? Im using the newest driver from nvidia.com, however no modded .inf. Thanks,

Franz

What model of display is it, and what interface are you using?

Guest master_axe

What model of display is it, and what interface are you using?

uhm, W2246t, from LG.

Interface? You mean the Nvidia control panel. However, whether I use that, or the normal resolution changing thing from windows 7, i get the same problem.

No, I mean display interface like VGA/DVI/HDMI/etc.

There would be your problem. Single-link DVI does not support 1920x1080x60

Guest master_axe

There would be your problem. Single-link DVI does not support 1920x1080x60

Given I'm stripped for other options, I'm going to exchange it for one with an HDMI connection. Thanks for your help, although wikipedia claims otherwise (specs for dvi single link are apparently also 1920x1080x60).

Guest master_axe

Given I'm stripped for other options, I'm going to exchange it for one with an HDMI connection. Thanks for your help, although wikipedia claims otherwise (specs for dvi single link are apparently also 1920x1080x60).

lol, evidently the vital part of my first post was the fact that after I moved the screen, it went blank. It has a *serious*, uhm, whats the english word, bad contact, meaning I need to hold the plug towards me for it to resolve 1920x1080. This is very frustrating for a brand new monitor, so I'll return it today. Who'd have thought that a bad contact wouldnt hinder 1680x1050, but sure well 1080p >-<.