LaptopVideo2Go Forums

My AW 5550i-R3 MXM upgrade went fine BUT

Guest Duffcore

Guest Duffcore

I have an alienware 5550 running bios 2.06 with 2.0GHz Core2Duo win7 64bit and it had a Nvidia go7600 that went bad. So I purchased a 8600M GS 512mb card on ebay and it would shut down when windows started to load. So I did a freshinstall of win7 64bit and problem gone.

Laptop stays on and works great with Standard VGA Driver. Everytime I try toload the Nvidia driver it says "Nvidia setup program could not locate any drivers compatable with this device. I tried every 64bit driver I could find. I also tried the modded inf drivers to no avail. When I try to force the driver it tells me file not found.

Has anyone got any ideas?

have you tried just going into the driver settings and having Windows Update automatically search for compatible drivers?

otherwise, try delete the entry for the Standard VGA adapter, then search for hardware changes and see if Windows installs the correct driver.

if all else fails, download the latest driver here from laptopvideo2go and replace the .inf with a modded .inf.

Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

Were you able to get this resolved? I just upgraded from 6600 to 8600m gt and windows 7 will not update the driver. I have even uninstalled the standard vga in hopes that windows would recognize and install a correct driver and still no luck. The cd that came doesnt work on 64bit so I am at a standstill. Any information you could supply would be awesome. I also went back to BIOS v2.06w. Still no joy with catching a break.

Aloha

• 2 months later...
Guest duffysco@charter.net

Were you able to get this resolved? I just upgraded from 6600 to 8600m gt and windows 7 will not update the driver. I have even uninstalled the standard vga in hopes that windows would recognize and install a correct driver and still no luck. The cd that came doesnt work on 64bit so I am at a standstill. Any information you could supply would be awesome. I also went back to BIOS v2.06w. Still no joy with catching a break.

Aloha

Guest duffysco@charter.net

I did get this resolved and I had to keep trying different drivers. There is no win7 driver so when you try most drivers it will say "Operating System Not Found". Keep looking and run in compatability mode. The driver that I got to work was dated 1/20/08 and version 7.15.11.6762 run in compatability mode and works perfectly. I play Call of Duty MW2 and Battlefield Bad Company2 both are video demanding games and play smooth as silk. Good Luck all.