LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Dell 9400 W7 64bit GeForce Go 7900 GS

Damienoid

I've tried numerous drivers to get my display card working, but have been totally unsuccessful with result being a totally black screen. I've had to use restore to return to the standard VGA.

Windows detected all other hardware, and successfully installed drivers, but the driver it wants to install for my GeForce Go 7900 GS results in the dreaded black screen, same as the official driver from NVIDIA, tried various drivers located by using my cards Search terms, including using the modded INF, to no avail.

I note that the admin "mobilenvidia" has in his profile has the exact same Laptop and Video card(0298) GeForce Go 7900 GS using Win7 Ultimate x64.

So it can be done, but I think mobilenvidia modded various bios and other settings to make it work, I searched the forums for more information hoping to find out how he did it, but haven't found any.

If anyone has successfully found the drivers to work on this platform, can you let me know which one, I have a feeling that something else is wrong and is preventing this for working for me...

EDIT: Sorry I think I've posted this is the wrong section, I've reposted in the general support section, please delete this thread if required.

Edited by Damienoid