LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 beta coming in July

mobilenvidia

Saw this over at ZDNet's 'All about Microsoft'

Microsoft officials shared some initial info on SP1 a couple months ago. They said on the client there will be no new features, just bug fixes and security updates rolled up into a single deliverable. On the server side, however, there will be two new features added to SP1: A new graphics acceleration platform, known as RemoteFX, and an add-on to Hyper-V.RemoteFX is based on desktop-remoting technology that Microsoft obtained in 2008 when it acquired Calista Technologies. The new addition to Hyper-V that will dynamically adjust memory of a guest virtual machine on demand.

I'm actually quite happy with Windows 7, I remember plainly looking forward to SP1 for Vista to fix a heap of small issues but this time round, everything (for me) seems to be doing OK.

It will be interesting to see if they add anything new thats worthwhile in SP1, i've not had any issues with 7 so far so aside from being a handy way to re-install lots of updates without downloading for hours on a clean build its not exactly very interesting. I suppose thats why theyve focused more on the Server 2008 changes.

I have had a pretty good experience with Windows 7 as well. The only problem that I hope they fix with SP1 is that Windows sometimes forgets my laptop has backlight brightness control when resuming from suspend.