LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Soccer/Football World Cup

mobilenvidia

The Soccer World Cup has well and truly started.

First big surprise is Korea over Greece.

England drawing with USA wee bit surprising but a very easy pool for both to progress from.

Group A looks to get interesting in their next 2 games as France and South Africa could get surprised.

I'll be keeping a very close eye on Group E (Nederland) and group F (New Zealand)

What are your thoughts on the subject ?

I think it is great for the world to get together for such sport event. Too bad soccer is such a boring sport to most Americans and even though I watched this game because of all the hype and media attention it is boring, LOL. I know most of the other countries would have a difficult time to spend any amount of money when it comes to some of the other sports, and don't get me wrong these soccer players are really great players, but it is still a boring sport.

Guest jacbkor

It seems that most americans hate soccer, although they played a great game against England. I even couldn,t imagine that the US played even against England. Monday is Holland at stake:) Nederland is the best soccer team in the world. I hope we win this time (it,s a long time ago that we won).

For me the most important is that we end better than Germany :) :)

i support the France, and i think it will be hard, very hard !

i hope that they dont win because i have to bring breakfast at my job if they win ! :)

So i hope they lost ! :P

Korea was not a surprise they are good . :)

Guest Icemanmelting

Well, of all, football isn't boring, at least we european call football to a sport where we play with our feet, and not with our hands, that has a name, handball. The most boring sport i've ever seen, is baseball. I just can't understand what is the interest in that sport.... Portugal FTW!

Guest yalcin19

i'd rather stick my d1ck in a blender then watch soccer.

Us in the rest of the world would rather watch an exciting soccer game than either watching and waiting

whole day for one to hit a ball with a stick (kids' game) or watching someone shredding his d1ck in a blender. :)

I really enjoyed the England - USA game from last night. While I wished for England to win :), I have the say the US team played very well.

Guest yalcin19

I really enjoyed the England - USA game from last night. While I wished for England to win :), I have the say the US team played very well.

the US are hell of a team. They are so compact and fit. In technical point of view they lack a bit but

Tim Howard the keeper made the difference. No mention Green's gift to uncle sam.

Czech Republic's gonna win! Oh wait, this isn't ice-hockey and we didn't even qualify... nevermind.

Guest yalcin19

Czech Republic's gonna win! Oh wait, this isn't ice-hockey and we didn't even qualify... nevermind.

Too bad we won't be able to watch Milan Baros.

Anyway we have to wait for Galatasaray's games.

Guest jacob korf

the US are hell of a team. They are so compact and fit. In technical point of view they lack a bit but

Tim Howard the keeper made the difference. No mention Green's gift to uncle sam.

the keeper of usa was the best:)

Guest yalcin19

They really should do something about all those vuvuzBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I totally agree with you such an annoying noise. They say it generates noise about 135db. it would create hearing loss temporarily even If you are exposed to 90db noise for 15 minutes.

No cheering you can hear of.

I was glad South Africa put on such a strong performance. It would be nice to see them do well. The France game was just terrible to watch. The level of football they play was well below the level they are capable of. The USA game was great, I was a but nervous when England scored on the 4th minute and even though the US goal wasn't made on skill, I'll take what I can get. The Koreans surprised me. They looked really strong against Greece and if they keep playing well like that I can see them making it a good distance into the tournament. I'm excited to see how thr rest of the games play out.

Tournament favorite would have to be Spain. Watching their games makes me feel like they are on a level all by themselves with the speed and accuracy of every pass they make.

(P.S. I am an America, I call "soccer" football because that is the name it is ment to be called and I love to play and watch it. Not even close to boring.)

Guest Icemanmelting

I was glad South Africa put on such a strong performance. It would be nice to see them do well. The France game was just terrible to watch. The level of football they play was well below the level they are capable of. The USA game was great, I was a but nervous when England scored on the 4th minute and even though the US goal wasn't made on skill, I'll take what I can get. The Koreans surprised me. They looked really strong against Greece and if they keep playing well like that I can see them making it a good distance into the tournament. I'm excited to see how thr rest of the games play out.

Tournament favorite would have to be Spain. Watching their games makes me feel like they are on a level all by themselves with the speed and accuracy of every pass they make.

(P.S. I am an America, I call "soccer" football because that is the name it is ment to be called and I love to play and watch it. Not even close to boring.)

Football, as the name says is a sport where you play with ball using your feet, so dont say that its ment to be called soccer, because it is not right. Why call football to a game where you only use your feet once or twice during a game? It would be better named if it was called american rugby! :)

Soccer is a great game. I watched USA versus England yesterday, that was a fun time -- our goal was Green's mistake though. Germany WHOOPED Australia 4-0.

Go portugal!!!!!!..... força portugal, vamos ganhar o World Cup!!!!!

+1 :)

You don't call it soccer in New Zealand do you Pieter?

Was Australia losing funny in New Zealand?

England to win, if only it weren't for Brazil, Spain, Argentina, Germany...

:)

You don't call it soccer in New Zealand do you Pieter?

Yes we do

Was Australia losing funny in New Zealand?

Not funny this time (usually if Australia looses we laugh) :)

England to win, if only it weren't for Brazil, Spain, Argentina, Germany...

Yes, 44 years of waiting and every world cup high hopes, and every world cup big failure.

:)

At least we have a good keeper this time. :)

I thought we did alright though, but we really lack some decent wingers.

I see the New Zealand FA has changed their website from "soccer" to "football"

http://www.nzsoccer.com/

http://www.nzfootball.co.nz/

A good choice I feel. :)

Wiki says "In May 2007, the organisation was renamed New Zealand Football (NZF), replacing the word "soccer" with "football" in line with the common usage in the rest of the world."

Better than pretending it's a game where you carry the ball mostly, and no one else plays it, unless you consider it rugby with safety pads and helmets.

You didn't have to change the title, but you do have an international following to please. :P