LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Soccer/Football World Cup

mobilenvidia

Football, as the name says is a sport where you play with ball using your feet, so dont say that its ment to be called soccer, because it is not right. Why call football to a game where you only use your feet once or twice during a game? It would be better named if it was called american rugby! :)

i was saying that soccer is ment to be called football and thats what I call it, not the other way around :)

Guest Guest

The France game was just terrible to watch.

I don't think you are aware of this, but the french team cheated their way to even make it into the world cup. It was supposed to be Ireland. France is nothing without zidane.

92nd minute equalizer!

Well played kiwis. :)

I don't think you are aware of this, but the french team cheated their way to even make it into the world cup. It was supposed to be Ireland. France is nothing without zidane.

True, but a big reason as to why they were so bad was that they had big arguments beforehand. They mostly hate the manager apparently and he left out Malouda and Henry because of it.

I am very aware of it and also think that Ireland should be the one that is playing in their place. But, whats done is done and France, while I also agree is a lot worse off without Zidane, could put on a better showing than they did against Uruguay.

Spain going down to Switzerland, that is an upset of mammoth proportions.

Soccer:

a football game in which two teams of 11 players try to kick or head a ball into the opponents' goal.

Soccer (May 17, 1988 - June 26, 2001) was a Jack Russell terrier dog actor. A veteran of many television commercials for companies like Nike Athletics and Mighty Dog dog food, he became famous portraying the talking dog Wishbone in the PBS TV series of the same name. ...

Football:

# any of various games played with a ball (round or oval) in which two teams try to kick or carry or propel the ball into each other's goal

# the inflated oblong ball used in playing American football

# Football is the name of several similar team sports, all with similar origins which involve, to varying degrees, kicking a ball with the foot in an attempt to score a goal. The most popular of these sports worldwide is association football, more commonly known as just "football" or "soccer". ...

Hotel Italy | Apartments Italy

• 1 month later...

Personally, I love soccer. The game itself is beautiful and requires a lot of patience to watch since goals are rare. I think more Americans would like the game if they were more patient!

Guest yalcin19

Personally, I love soccer. The game itself is beautiful and requires a lot of patience to watch since goals are rare. I think more Americans would like the game if they were more patient!

Soccer is not all about scoring goals in my personal opinion. OK the aim is scoring more goals than the opponent, but it is not all.

It is the skills, the tactics and how you move the ball around fluently and get to the target skillfully. You might not be able to score

a goal on every attack you make, but how you get the danger area and how you used your options important too.

It is more of a passion to beat an opponent stronger than you. if not, to get draw.

Even you will see some celebrating a victory after 0-0 draw against giant teams.

This game is not like basketball the strong will always win.

That's why soccer pulls people all around the world like a magnet.