LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Poor Performance, Dell XPS 1340 NV 9500M

Guest omidchini

Guest omidchini

bottom line, when my laptop is on the "Save power" mode it has more performance rather on the SLI mode.

when it is on one gpu it is on the 9400M G though when it is on the dual mode its on 9200M GS.

i've searched a lot, the solution though was either not found or very old. e.g. i tried to unlock the SLI section in the nv control pannel without success (i tried to mod my nvdj.inf using the modded nv_display.inf file to unleash every possible feature)

what can i do?

Laptop: Dell Studio XPS 1340

Graphic: 9500M (9400M G + 9200M GS)

Current Driver: 257.15 (modded version)

Guest Rakixiii

You are in the same boat as me IVE TRIED EVERYTHING and I still get 10 more fps on average in save power mode. However when in boost performance mode the fps doesn't drop a lot with the more eye candy you turn on.

Guest omidchini

You are in the same boat as me IVE TRIED EVERYTHING and I still get 10 more fps on average in save power mode. However when in boost performance mode the fps doesn't drop a lot with the more eye candy you turn on.

is that so?

so the REALLY is no way to tweak it and turn it up a notch?

Guest Rakixiii

is that so?

so the REALLY is no way to tweak it and turn it up a notch?

As far as I know there isn't. Ive been trying to tweak it ever since I bought it which was when it first came out, I actually feel a little cheated on buying the 9500m I should have just stuck with the 9400.

But if anyone reads this and knows a way to make it perform better I would really love to know.

Guest omidchini

As far as I know there isn't. Ive been trying to tweak it ever since I bought it which was when it first came out, I actually feel a little cheated on buying the 9500m I should have just stuck with the 9400.

Exactly how i feel!!!!

if i'm always using 9400 then why bothering paying much more for 9500M? i though this SLI will help the performance!

Guest omidchini

hey Rakixiii (and those who it may concern),

i could find a solution on our problem.

after a long journey through a lot of forums, drivers and other stuff, i could find a way to improve the performance and quality by a great deal!! now i a very happier user

here is what i did

firs i installed Dox's customized forceware 195.62

then i search, found, downloaded and installed every possible patch for the SLI profile (it came handy afterward when the NvApps.xml was pretty complete)

afterwards i installed the lates nHancer(which by the way does not work with the latest 25x forcewares)

here came the part which the actual thing began to work, in the nHancer you can customize pretty much anything especially the SLI which is not available in the normal NVIDIA control panel in our case. here i basically began to add edit and modify the profile setting of every application and for those which were not predefined (like dirt2, kmplayer and ...) i added them myself and modified them. the thing i had to do was pretty much just choosing the right SLI setting (like "Alternate Frame Rendering" or "Split-Frame Rendering" ... or AA mode (Single or SLI or ...)) and the appropriate flags of it. right now i could run kmplayer, wmplayer, dirt2, assassin's creed 2 and grid and ... in SLI mode with a lot better quality AND performance!!!

i am a happier user right now!!!

hope it will help