• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• judgment

• DemonikPanther

• Saguii

• Nautis1100

Judge I could not get those drivers to install on my laptop for some reason. I did use the the newest drivers from toshiba for win 7 x64 and they work fine running sc2 in windowed mode. I am downloading the new drivers from nvidia now the 260 to see if they will install on our laptop and I will get back to you. Hopefully nautis can get us a modified INF if they don't. Nautis if you need anything on doing the modified INF file let me know. I would love to learn how to do it so I can modify them myself. To maybe start doing them since I own one of this big paper weights.

same here,

can you mod the 260.63 beta driverĀ“s for the qosmio with the 9800gts(x2) and 9400gt ??

i would aprecciate it :) since i had troubles installing you previously modded drivers!

2 Nautis1100

OMG i already lost any hope in my laptop and stoped visiting this site. I have not been here for quite period of time. And now what I see ā€“ there is a special topic for Qusmio owners :). Going to try your inf today! (current drivers overheating me in Starcraft 2 even, playing on low resolution with low video options :S) :) If you need any information about testing I will gladly provide it!

2Judgement:

Wow that is very nice of you!!! Gonna try your method, so i have to play in windowed mode on full screen and this will prevent all this bugs?

I bought same CPU as yours long time ago and dedicated sound card because it was nasty cracing sound all the time in games...

Edited by Aristant

Guest judgment

Hello again. I am glad to hear that my method for stacraft 2 is actually working for others. I never had any overheating issues though with sc2. Did you try opening the laptop and adding some arctic silver on cpu and gpu? My max cpu temp in sc2 is 74c and gpu 81c without the cooler. With my nzxt lx cryo cooler My max temps are 60cpu and 70gpu in starcraft 2. I am using drivers 190.73 which install without any modification in the inf file. I don't remember where I found them since I just saw that the links I gave for the driver are not installing in some qosmio x300. If you have overheating issues and ur laptop is still under warranty and dont want to open it up you can buy an nzxt cryo lx cooler which will lower ur temps. If you need any more info let me know. I didn't have any problems with my sound except from metal gear solid 2 substance which I can't play since I am using windows 7 and realtek doesn't have a program like creative.

All I put in trouble ticket with nvidia a while back and the response I got from them that their drivers should work on the our systems. I didn't get a chance to get back to them to work out the issues but I will once I get back home and I will let you guys know. I have never had any really bad overheating temps where it would cause the game to stop working. I did open up my case and replace the thermal paste on the both GPU's thinking that is what was causing the problems. My paste was all dried up and flaky, I would recommend this if you are good with computers. You can google taking it apart and their is a webiste that gives you steps and pictures on how to do this. If you can't find it let me know I will look for it and post the link.

2 Nautis1100

OMG i already lost any hope in my laptop and stoped visiting this site. I have not been here for quite period of time. And now what I see ā€“ there is a special topic for Qusmio owners :). Going to try your inf today! (current drivers overheating me in Starcraft 2 even, playing on low resolution with low video options :S) :) If you need any information about testing I will gladly provide it!

2Judgement:

Wow that is very nice of you!!! Gonna try your method, so i have to play in windowed mode on full screen and this will prevent all this bugs?

I bought same CPU as yours long time ago and dedicated sound card because it was nasty cracing sound all the time in games...

Sorry it took me so long to get to the Qosmio this is just a hobby for me and I am already working on supporting almost 20 other notebooks with 4 completely separate technologies in them. I told you I would work on the Qosmio and am trying to stick to my word. It just took a decade. :P

Glad to see you back.

I will try to write up a modding guide for you guys so hopefully you guys will be able to take things over a bit more (since you can do proper testing). 260.93 is what I am looking at next for you guys.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest judgment

Sorry it took me so long to get to the Qosmio this is just a hobby for me and I am already working on supporting almost 20 other notebooks with 4 completely separate technologies in them. I told you I would work on the Qosmio and am trying to stick to my word. It just took a decade. :)

Glad to see you back.

I will try to write up a modding guide for you guys so hopefully you guys will be able to take things over a bit more (since you can do proper testing). 260.93 is what I am looking at next for you guys.

Hello again. How is that modding guide going? I am still waiting for it! Btw ise ellinas?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again. How is that modding guide going? I am still waiting for it! Btw ise ellinas?

Hey Nautis... Please keep helping us! We need your guidance! Nobody cares about us in nvidia or Toshiba!!

Gives a hand here! Cheers from portugal!

Edited by Saguii

I own a Qosmio x300-157, and wanted to know what's the difference between the official Nvidia desktop drivers installed with the modified inf and these custom drivers.

I'm having no trouble at all in installing the official ones, so are these actually optimized for our specific machine?

CAn you really install them? It's odd because hybrid solutions should not work with these drivers.

Do you have tge Geforce9800M GTS SLI + Geforce 9400M?

Did these last ones work ok??

Guest judgment

CAn you really install them? It's odd because hybrid solutions should not work with these drivers.

Do you have tge Geforce9800M GTS SLI + Geforce 9400M?

Did these last ones work ok??

As he mentioned he is using the desktop drivers with the modified inf. Official drivers are up to 186.82 which work with no problems and you can get them from toshiba. Using SLI means you have to be kept updated to play the latest games and getting the most performance out of them. Toshiba f**ked us with not any support at all in the drivers section. Nvidia says that their drivers should work where they don't even install. So The only way to installing the new drivers is for someone to modify them correctly so that our graphics card are supported. I have used nautis drivers for a while but I had a lot of crashes in SC2 and in need for speed shift. After that I was using the 197.16 which i didn't have any problems and noticed my windows experience index go to 7,1 but 3dmark06 got only 12k in the benchmark all default and I have an x9100. So I decided to go back to the official one 186.82 which gives me a score of nearly 14k in 3dmark06. I am using the official ones with no real problems at the moment. Only let down is that sc2 can't be played in full screen because some black lines show up randomly. If you play it windowed full screen the game runs fine but you lose 10-20 fps average which is a huge loss. So come on nautis don't let us down!! We need that modding guide now! Thanks in advance!

FYI for all. I have been in contact with Nvida Tech support through emails. I informed that there drivers were not installing on our machines due to the fact that our hardware ids and such were not in the INF files. They said that they will look into it and try to get them in the inf's so that they will start working on our laptops. I also informed that we were not getting any support from toshiba at all and that I hope they can support their product in our machines. So hopefully they get this issue fixed for us.

Judgment do you have any other problems with games with that driver from toshiba. I have noticed that the only games that I have problems with are the ones that you can really fine tune the graphis ie Crysis, Crysis 2, SC2. With games like dead rising 2, transformers WFC, and darksiders, I don't have any problems at all. I can't even run the 3dmark with mine locking up on (going black screen and no keys work). Do you have these issues?

FYI for all. I have been in contact with Nvida Tech support through emails. I informed that there drivers were not installing on our machines due to the fact that our hardware ids and such were not in the INF files. They said that they will look into it and try to get them in the inf's so that they will start working on our laptops. I also informed that we were not getting any support from toshiba at all and that I hope they can support their product in our machines. So hopefully they get this issue fixed for us.

Judgment do you have any other problems with games with that driver from toshiba. I have noticed that the only games that I have problems with are the ones that you can really fine tune the graphis ie Crysis, Crysis 2, SC2. With games like dead rising 2, transformers WFC, and darksiders, I don't have any problems at all. I can't even run the 3dmark with mine locking up on (going black screen and no keys work). Do you have these issues?

Nicely done Panther!!

That would be great! I'm getting fed up of beiing castaway by Nvidia and by Toshiba. Only Nautis helped us out... Did they say when they will start working on the drivers?? I am using the previus ones from Nautis and I have no problem whatsoever!!

Guest judgment

Nicely done Panther!!

That would be great! I'm getting fed up of beiing castaway by Nvidia and by Toshiba. Only Nautis helped us out... Did they say when they will start working on the drivers?? I am using the previus ones from Nautis and I have no problem whatsoever!!

Well I hope they do work on our laptop graphics since I payed nearly 2000 euro for it and I can't game on it as it is. Whenever I want to game I have to go through a lot tuning because of the drivers. Well at the moment with the toshiba's drivers I only have problem with sc2. My 3d mark06 all deafault runs fine getting me a score of nearly 14k. I have used nautis driver which I had some issues with. NFS shift just hanged up, and so did sc2 with nautis drivers. 3d mark06 went down to 12k although the windows experience rated my card to 7,1 . All this with nautis driver. I hope he can come up with a fix of those drivers since they supported the latest features. Les hope nvidia will help us out..

Well I hope they do work on our laptop graphics since I payed nearly 2000 euro for it and I can't game on it as it is. Whenever I want to game I have to go through a lot tuning because of the drivers. Well at the moment with the toshiba's drivers I only have problem with sc2. My 3d mark06 all deafault runs fine getting me a score of nearly 14k. I have used nautis driver which I had some issues with. NFS shift just hanged up, and so did sc2 with nautis drivers. 3d mark06 went down to 12k although the windows experience rated my card to 7,1 . All this with nautis driver. I hope he can come up with a fix of those drivers since they supported the latest features. Les hope nvidia will help us out..

Judgement you have the quad core processor in yours right? Also another thing I have find out is that if I unplug the laptop and let it run on the battery it runs just fine. I can run SC2 on ultra just fine.

Guest judgment

Judgement you have the quad core processor in yours right? Also another thing I have find out is that if I unplug the laptop and let it run on the battery it runs just fine. I can run SC2 on ultra just fine.

No I have the x9100. The laptop was sold at the same price with the qx9300 but I decided to go with the dual core since I don't do a lot of multitasking and I am not overclocking my cpu in a laptop. The same thing happens to me with sc2. When it is on battery and at the boost performance it works perfectly under full screen. Don't know why. A guess would be that one of the graphics card is not getting enough power so that the other one does the job. Sc2 is not good with sli. Btw our laptop might be sli but the graphics chip is single. Its one board with two graphics chips. So they are not 2 independent graphics cards connected with an sli wire. That migh be the reason we cant disable sli.

No I have the x9100. The laptop was sold at the same price with the qx9300 but I decided to go with the dual core since I don't do a lot of multitasking and I am not overclocking my cpu in a laptop. The same thing happens to me with sc2. When it is on battery and at the boost performance it works perfectly under full screen. Don't know why. A guess would be that one of the graphics card is not getting enough power so that the other one does the job. Sc2 is not good with sli. Btw our laptop might be sli but the graphics chip is single. Its one board with two graphics chips. So they are not 2 independent graphics cards connected with an sli wire. That migh be the reason we cant disable sli.

Yeah this is true I noticed that when I took mine apart and cleaned off the thermal paste and added more. I thought it might be over heating. The power issue is a weird one. I was thinking that maybe it wasn't getting enough power either from the brick, but I couldn't even imagine what the fix to that would be. I would think that if that was a design flaw then toshiba should be giving us a new laptop.

Guest judgment

Yeah this is true I noticed that when I took mine apart and cleaned off the thermal paste and added more. I thought it might be over heating. The power issue is a weird one. I was thinking that maybe it wasn't getting enough power either from the brick, but I couldn't even imagine what the fix to that would be. I would think that if that was a design flaw then toshiba should be giving us a new laptop.

I did unplug my laptop and continued playing sc2 on battery. I kept a frame per second meter on and when I unplugged it the frames were drop in half. At the start I had 50-60fps and when I was on battery (still with dual 9800m GTS) the frames went to 25-30. So I don't know what is really happening but I think it is that only one of the 2 gpus are working when on battery (and I am not talking about 9400m but one of the 9800).

Guest judgment

I did unplug my laptop and continued playing sc2 on battery. I kept a frame per second meter on and when I unplugged it the frames were drop in half. At the start I had 50-60fps and when I was on battery (still with dual 9800m GTS) the frames went to 25-30. So I don't know what is really happening but I think it is that only one of the 2 gpus are working when on battery (and I am not talking about 9400m but one of the 9800).

Another test which I did and prove my theory is the following: I did a 3dmark06 test on battery with 9800m GTS SLI enabled. I only scored 8776 which shows that only one of the 9800m gts is being used. I did the same test plugged in. I got a score of nearly 14k. It is obviously an sli issue with the sc2 game. I dont know why when on battery mode (even though its on boost performance) it only uses one of the 9800m gts. If any one out there can give me an answer it would be good..

I am guessing it is that retarded hybrid crap. That saves power but really just makes the laptop suck. judge what os are you running?

Edited by DemonikPanther

Guest judgment

I am guessing it is that retarded hybrid crap. That saves power but really just makes the laptop suck. judge what os are you running?

I am running windows 7 home premium 64 bit

I have your same configuration, except my cpu which is a t9550 overclocked to 3.15 ghz and I'm getting 13.5 k points in 3dmark 06 using the 258.xx desktop drivers. You should try them :)

Also, I saw you guys disassembled the qosmio. Can the 9800s be upgraded? And if they can, can they be replaced with another sli configuration or just with a single card?

Actually I am having no problem with performance maybe because I dont play on battery. Neverthelesse, I bet we could sequeeze a lot of more horse power with no problem if Somebody could give us the right tools, ir ven just the suited drivers!!

I am using the firts 258.XXX drivers. I am hoping for the new ones by Nautis or even Nvidia. I Have been playing Batman Arkham asylum and assassins creed 2 and they look great. Almost very High in everything. But I have experienced some issues in Crysis and World in Conflict...

Some games lihe Street Fighter 4 do not recognize the 2nd card :)

Guest judgment

I have your same configuration, except my cpu which is a t9550 overclocked to 3.15 ghz and I'm getting 13.5 k points in 3dmark 06 using the 258.xx desktop drivers. You should try them :)

Also, I saw you guys disassembled the qosmio. Can the 9800s be upgraded? And if they can, can they be replaced with another sli configuration or just with a single card?

Are you using the 258.xx driver from nautis? I used that one and it only gave me 12k in 3dmark06 were us the 186.82 from nvidia gave me 13k. Well I was hoping to be able to change the card to a gtx 480 but I dont think it is possible even though I took apart my laptop to replace the cooling paste. Even if we do find a gpu tha suits the slot there is power consumpion (volt) that we have to consider. A single 285 wont do much difference to our dual 9800m. The only logical updates are the 460m or 480m but I don't think that it is possible. If anyone did manage to change his graphics cards I would be pleased to listen about his results.

Are you using the 258.xx driver from nautis? I used that one and it only gave me 12k in 3dmark06 were us the 186.82 from nvidia gave me 13k. Well I was hoping to be able to change the card to a gtx 480 but I dont think it is possible even though I took apart my laptop to replace the cooling paste. Even if we do find a gpu tha suits the slot there is power consumpion (volt) that we have to consider. A single 285 wont do much difference to our dual 9800m. The only logical updates are the 460m or 480m but I don't think that it is possible. If anyone did manage to change his graphics cards I would be pleased to listen about his results.

I'm using Nvidia's official 258.xx desktop drivers installed with the modified inf.

A single 480m uses 100 watts of power. Our current setup uses 150w, so the upgrade should be technically possible. Does it require a different voltage?

Also, our motherboard is an Nforce 730i, so I think the slot shouldn't be an issue... I mean, isn't there a 480m that suits a Nforce slot?