LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Toshiba Qosmio - Triple Hybrid SLI

Nautis1100

Guest judgment

I'm using Nvidia's official 258.xx desktop drivers installed with the modified inf.

A single 480m uses 100 watts of power. Our current setup uses 150w, so the upgrade should be technically possible. Does it require a different voltage?

Also, our motherboard is an Nforce 730i, so I think the slot shouldn't be an issue... I mean, isn't there a 480m that suits a Nforce slot?

If someone could confirm that we can change our gpus I would buy a 480m and replace it but as far as I know u can't.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• judgment

• DemonikPanther

• Saguii

• Nautis1100

Has anyone had an issue with the physx drivers installed? I uninstalled everything NVIDIA, put the original toshiba drivers on and everything seemed to work good. Tried to run 3dmark and it said that no physx drivers were installed. I downloaded the physx drivers for that driver I had and ran 3d mark again and it crashed like before.

Guest judgment

Has anyone had an issue with the physx drivers installed? I uninstalled everything NVIDIA, put the original toshiba drivers on and everything seemed to work good. Tried to run 3dmark and it said that no physx drivers were installed. I downloaded the physx drivers for that driver I had and ran 3d mark again and it crashed like before.

Hello. You have to use physx version 9.09.1112 with the toshiba 186.42 driver. Newer physx just doesn't work since it is an old driver. I recommend u use the driver sweeper and remove the physx that is already installed on ur laptop. Then install this version. Everything should work fine! :) I went back to this driver as well since it give me the highest score with 3dmark06 13k and I had no issue with it with any of the games not even with the newer ones.

judgement what other nvidia software do you have installed on your system ie system monitor or anything else? I have the Nvidia Display Control Panel, the display driver the Nvidia Forceware Network Access Manager and the Nvidia system update. I am trying to narrow this mess down so I can at least play games on my laptop which have I yet to do. Thanks for the help judgement.

Guest judgment

judgement what other nvidia software do you have installed on your system ie system monitor or anything else? I have the Nvidia Display Control Panel, the display driver the Nvidia Forceware Network Access Manager and the Nvidia system update. I am trying to narrow this mess down so I can at least play games on my laptop which have I yet to do. Thanks for the help judgement.

Hello again. Well I know the feeling. Toshiba sold us the laptop as a gaming laptop were as u cant game on it if you dont go through a lot of trial and error. Nevertheless the drivers provided by toshiba can game quite well. We have some problems because we dont have the latest support since the drivers are outdated but at least u can game with good fps in most new games.(Nevertheless I believe our laptop is quite impressing hardware wise) So heres is what I have at the moment.

1)Windows 7 home premium x64 (I got the disc from toshiba in the upgrade program since I never liked vista and I had win 7 rc2 from the beginning.)

2)ChipSet Utility 15.38 (From the toshiba website/ this installs our nvidia chipset features. dont know if u can find any newer one but this is the one I am using)

3)Nvidia forceware 186.42 (From toshiba)

4)PhysX_9.09.1112 (From nvidia)

Nvidia Forceware Network Access Manager is included in the chipset utility which I mentioned above (If I remember correctly).

The whole list of drivers I am using are all from the website of toshiba uk and are the following:

1)Toshiba Acoustic Silencer

2)Toshiba atheros wlan 8002250

3)Toshiba Bluetooth

4)Toshiba Card Reader Controller 1.00.29.02

5)Toshiba ChipSet Utility 15.38

6)Toshiba Config Free 8.0.23

7)Toshiba Dolby Control Center

8)Toshiba DVD Player

9)Toshiba Face Recognition 2.0.17.64

10)Toshiba Fingerprint Software V1.0.2.12

11)Toshiba Flash Card Utility

12)Toshiba HDMI Control Manager 2.0.0.1.64

13)Toshiba Infrared

14)Toshiba Modem Driver 2.2.97(SM2297ALS05)

15)Toshiba Registry Patch 1.2 (dont know what it does but installed it anyway.)

16)Toshiba Remote Control Manager

17)Toshiba Sound Driver 6.0.1.5904

18)Toshiba STORAGECONFIG-1.0

19)Toshiba TEMPRO

20)Toshiba TouchPad Driver Alps

21)Toshiba Value Added Package 1.2.28_64

22)Toshiba webcam 1.7.260.0526L

23)nvidia forceware 186.42 (From toshiba)

24)PhysX_9.09.1112_SystemSoftware (From nvidia)

If your doing a clean install of windows I would suggest to install 1st the chipset driver then the graphics and physx driver then the sound drivers and the other drivers in any order you want. If you cant find the links to any of the drivers I can try and give them to you. I have downloaded a long time ago from http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/windows7_drivers.jsp?service=UK

With the current config I can play any game with very good fps. I dont have opencl or directcompute support and no 3dvision support since my display drivers are too old. I have also installed the sli profiles from nvidia. I have hwmonitor for reading the temps of my components. 3dmark06 gives me 12-13k depending on what applications and settings I have running. I hope nautis can provide us with the new nvidia driver which will give us a score of 14k and playing with no bugs in any games. Games I tested are Crysis, sc2 (some black lines if played in full screen due to SLI but if u play it in windowed full screen only 1 gpu is utilised(dont know y) and u dont get the lined though lower fps) nfs shift, batman arkham asylum, call of duty modern warfare 2, sc conviction. Thats all the games I tested on the system and they all run at high to ultra (or medium to high if there isnt an option of ultra :) ) without any bugs except from sc2. I tested a lot of the drivers and all gave me bugs even 186.81 from nvidia. The only driver that seemed to work good was 190.73 but I had some issues so I went back to 186.42 . Hope I helped..

Hello again. Well I know the feeling. Toshiba sold us the laptop as a gaming laptop were as u cant game on it if you dont go through a lot of trial and error. Nevertheless the drivers provided by toshiba can game quite well. We have some problems because we dont have the latest support since the drivers are outdated but at least u can game with good fps in most new games.(Nevertheless I believe our laptop is quite impressing hardware wise) So heres is what I have at the moment.

1)Windows 7 home premium x64 (I got the disc from toshiba in the upgrade program since I never liked vista and I had win 7 rc2 from the beginning.)

2)ChipSet Utility 15.38 (From the toshiba website/ this installs our nvidia chipset features. dont know if u can find any newer one but this is the one I am using)

3)Nvidia forceware 186.42 (From toshiba)

4)PhysX_9.09.1112 (From nvidia)

Nvidia Forceware Network Access Manager is included in the chipset utility which I mentioned above (If I remember correctly).

The whole list of drivers I am using are all from the website of toshiba uk and are the following:

1)Toshiba Acoustic Silencer

2)Toshiba atheros wlan 8002250

3)Toshiba Bluetooth

4)Toshiba Card Reader Controller 1.00.29.02

5)Toshiba ChipSet Utility 15.38

6)Toshiba Config Free 8.0.23

7)Toshiba Dolby Control Center

8)Toshiba DVD Player

9)Toshiba Face Recognition 2.0.17.64

10)Toshiba Fingerprint Software V1.0.2.12

11)Toshiba Flash Card Utility

12)Toshiba HDMI Control Manager 2.0.0.1.64

13)Toshiba Infrared

14)Toshiba Modem Driver 2.2.97(SM2297ALS05)

15)Toshiba Registry Patch 1.2 (dont know what it does but installed it anyway.)

16)Toshiba Remote Control Manager

17)Toshiba Sound Driver 6.0.1.5904

18)Toshiba STORAGECONFIG-1.0

19)Toshiba TEMPRO

20)Toshiba TouchPad Driver Alps

21)Toshiba Value Added Package 1.2.28_64

22)Toshiba webcam 1.7.260.0526L

23)nvidia forceware 186.42 (From toshiba)

24)PhysX_9.09.1112_SystemSoftware (From nvidia)

If your doing a clean install of windows I would suggest to install 1st the chipset driver then the graphics and physx driver then the sound drivers and the other drivers in any order you want. If you cant find the links to any of the drivers I can try and give them to you. I have downloaded a long time ago from http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/windows7_drivers.jsp?service=UK

With the current config I can play any game with very good fps. I dont have opencl or directcompute support and no 3dvision support since my display drivers are too old. I have also installed the sli profiles from nvidia. I have hwmonitor for reading the temps of my components. 3dmark06 gives me 12-13k depending on what applications and settings I have running. I hope nautis can provide us with the new nvidia driver which will give us a score of 14k and playing with no bugs in any games. Games I tested are Crysis, sc2 (some black lines if played in full screen due to SLI but if u play it in windowed full screen only 1 gpu is utilised(dont know y) and u dont get the lined though lower fps) nfs shift, batman arkham asylum, call of duty modern warfare 2, sc conviction. Thats all the games I tested on the system and they all run at high to ultra (or medium to high if there isnt an option of ultra :) ) without any bugs except from sc2. I tested a lot of the drivers and all gave me bugs even 186.81 from nvidia. The only driver that seemed to work good was 190.73 but I had some issues so I went back to 186.42 . Hope I helped..

Just found out that my account finally works! So I used ntune tools before but the best way to check gpu stability is futuremark! With the nzxt cryo cooler I got up to 90c under extreme burning mode.

Judge I appreciate it man. That is mostly what I have installed. The only difference is I did the recovery disks but it puts on vista x64. hate it :) so I used my wifes Win7 x64 upgrade dvd from SONY. That be part of the problem that I am having, but since I removed all the crap from nvidia I had on there and the physx drivers. It has been mostly stable. I have gotten the new drivers 260 from nvidia to install, but all I did was add my video card to the INF file, but had some problems with it. that was a lil ago with the beta drivers and I had all the crap on their to. So I don't know if it would make a difference.

Hello again! I have installed the latest drivers from nvidia 260.89 and so far so good. I had no bugs with any games at all. I even managed to play sc2 in fullscreen. The bug was the sli so I disabled it in the profile. The only way to disable sli with our config in sc2 is to add the program sc2 from C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II\Versions\Base16755 then sc2.exe . If you add the other file which is in C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II\starcraft II.exe it wont make any differences. Afte disabling sli everything seems to work fine! I have also tested nfs shift with sli disabled and it is working as a charm. I plays sc conviction sli enabled and everything went fine. I am finally happy with a driver that really works. The only think I modified was the inf so that I could install the driver on our laptops. My windows experience jumped from 6,7 (using 186.42 from toshiba) to 7,1 which looks good :) Hybrid sli works fine at the moment.. hibernating, sleep etc is working fine.. I had problems with nfs shift when in SLI mode but as u can find out it doesn's support sli so I dont think it is the drivers problem. The same goes for sc2. Hope it will work for u guys as well! Did anyone overclock his gpu cards? If yes how did he do it? I tried riva tuner but I cant seem to be able to overclock. It only shows me the 9400m :)

Hi judge. How did you get to install the new driver?? Does it match already our machines?? The Last one Nautis launched was 258.96 wasn't it?

What about the other games like Batman? Cod2? Left4dead?? Crysis? or even street fighter 4? Street fighter at least now recognizes the 9800m. Earlier it only recognized tghe 9400.. :)

Hi judge. How did you get to install the new driver?? Does it match already our machines?? The Last one Nautis launched was 258.96 wasn't it?

What about the other games like Batman? Cod2? Left4dead?? Crysis? or even street fighter 4? Street fighter at least now recognizes the 9800m. Earlier it only recognized tghe 9400.. :)

I added our graphics card in the inf file. just the id didn't do any changes. I dont have crysis right now so I can't test it. Batman works fine but I havent tested it for a long time so don't know if it is stable. I will be testing cod2 soon.

I see... But how did you add our graphic card to the inf file?? Did tou download the driver from nvidia site??

I see... But how did you add our graphic card to the inf file?? Did tou download the driver from nvidia site??

Downloaded the driver from nvidia. Extracted the files. Opened the .inf file that contained 9800m gts and 9400m g and left in their id only the 0628 and 0862 so it will install on any gpu with id 0628 and 0862 .. As far as now I didn't find any problems with it.

Sorry but I did not understand how to change the driver. Have you seen the new drivers they released today?? 260.99 http://www.nvidia.com.br/object/notebook-win7-winvista-64bit-260.99-whql-driver-br.html

still nothing for us.... Nautis help us out!!

Hey judge what INF file did you add the ids to?

I am downloading the new drivers now and will adjust the INF to see how they run.

How do you adjust the INF file? Please do share!

Share results too...

Thanks

Hey guys I am going to start a thread with settings on what games need to be played with what settings to run smoothly.

Post the link here to the thread and the guide to install the new drivers.... Noticed any change in performance??

Here is the link for my post on games

Hello again. I will try out the new drivers and let you know how it goes. Btw how much 3dmark06 scores do you get? I never managed to get more than 13k in windows 7 64bit.

Hello again. I will try out the new drivers and let you know how it goes. Btw how much 3dmark06 scores do you get? I never managed to get more than 13k in windows 7 64bit.

I just finished editing the inf file. Anyone who wants to try it just download driver 260.99 from nvidia and then download my modified inf. Run the driver so that it extracts and tells u there is an error. Click close. Then go to: C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\260.99\Vista 64-bit\International\Display.Driver and copy paste my edited inf file.When it prompts u replace it. now go to C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\260.99\Vista 64-bit\International double click setup. The drivers will be installed. Let me know for any bugs since this is the 1st time I modify an inf file.

Installing this drivers might require u to reinstall ur realtek driver. (don't know y but it did for me).

NOTE: u better fully uninstall previous version of nvidia drivers with the uninstaller and the drive sweeper.

THIS IS AN UNOFFICIALY MODIFIED AND RELEASED INF. IT IS FOR TESTING PURPOSES ONLY. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

nvam.inf

Edited by judgment

I just finished editing the inf file. Anyone who wants to try it just download driver 260.99 from nvidia and then download my modified inf. Run the driver so that it extracts and tells u there is an error. Click close. Then go to: C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\260.99\Vista 64-bit\International\Display.Driver and copy paste my edited inf file.When it prompts u replace it. now go to C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\260.99\Vista 64-bit\International double click setup. The drivers will be installed. Let me know for any bugs since this is the 1st time I modify an inf file.

Installing this drivers might require u to reinstall ur realtek driver. (don't know y but it did for me).

NOTE: u better fully uninstall previous version of nvidia drivers with the uninstaller and the drive sweeper.

Games I tested and how I got best results:

Batman arkham asylum (leave as it is in sli mode)

nfs shift (select single gpu)

sc2 (select single gpu)

splinter cell conviction (leave as it is)

nfs most wanter (single gpu)

Hey judgement. I downloaded those new drivers and moded the INF file. The installation went good except for the control panel kept crashing on me. I launched SC2 I can't get to the game right now because of that stupid internet battle.net crap with the 30 days limit for signing on. I did not received any black lines there as I have had before and it did not crash. Try running it in SLI to see if it will work. ALso there are SLI profiles on Nvidia sight that sets all the features for the newer games. I will be able to fully try out everything tomorrow when I get home.

Hey judgement. I downloaded those new drivers and moded the INF file. The installation went good except for the control panel kept crashing on me. I launched SC2 I can't get to the game right now because of that stupid internet battle.net crap with the 30 days limit for signing on. I did not received any black lines there as I have had before and it did not crash. Try running it in SLI to see if it will work. ALso there are SLI profiles on Nvidia sight that sets all the features for the newer games. I will be able to fully try out everything tomorrow when I get home.

ur right. I have run sc2 in sli for more than 30min and no black lines or crashes! Nvidia finally fixed the bug in sc2 sli! :) I even get nearly doubled frame rates and the games goes smoothly in ultra! :) Let me know if u get any other bugs. Dont know y u had problem with the control panel. I didn't have any problems.. Btw I am using windows 7 64bit what r u using?

ur right. I have run sc2 in sli for more than 30min and no black lines or crashes! Nvidia finally fixed the bug in sc2 sli! :) I even get nearly doubled frame rates and the games goes smoothly in ultra! :) Let me know if u get any other bugs. Dont know y u had problem with the control panel. I didn't have any problems.. Btw I am using windows 7 64bit what r u using?

hey judgement. That is awesome man I can't wait to get home and play it to see if it works on mine. The control panel only crashed on me one time. I rebooted and it was good. I hope all this fixes our craptastic drivers that toshiba gave us.