LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Toshiba Qosmio - Triple Hybrid SLI

Nautis1100

Figured I would try to stick to my monicker as the Hybrid guy and open up a section here for Toshiba Qosmio users. I have been asked numerous times in the past if my mods will work with Qosmio notebooks and I always have to tell you guys no.

The Qosmio is quite unique in the notebook world as if I am not mistaken includes a triple Nvidia Hybrid SLI setup. I am going to put together some drivers for you guys when I have spare time but I am going to need a lot of help and information.

If you guys can give me a list of what GPUs your notebook utilizes (device ids included) a link to the latest working driver and some time for testing I hope we can get a working solution together for you.

First, I am going to need to make a list of all the variants of Qosmio notebooks and the GPU configurations they use.

THIS IS AN UNOFFICIALY MODIFIED AND RELEASED INF. IT IS FOR TESTING AND EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

NOW UPDATED FOR 258.96!

EDIT 7/25/2010: Attached INF for 258.96 -> NVCO.INF

Install Instructions:

1.) Download 258.96 64bit (make sure to click "Click here to download the requested driver.")

2.) Extract the drivers to a folder of your choosing.

2a.) I recommend deleting any existing INFs just to make sure there are no conflicts (not really needed as there shouldn't be any conflicts, just a good procedure to get use to when using modified INFs)

3.) Download and copy the attached INF above^ (NVCO.INF) to the folder you extracted the drivers in step 1

4.) Install. Be sure to ignore the warning and install anyways.

Edit 7/25/2010: For the older 258.49 version.

Attached INF for 258.49 -> NVCO.INF

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• judgment

• DemonikPanther

• Saguii

• Nautis1100

Guest Andrew

Hi,

I have a Qosmio x300 series, and it has 3 nvidia cards:

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M G:

Hardware ids:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0862&SUBSYS_FF001179&REV_B1

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0862&SUBSYS_FF001179

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0862&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0862&CC_0300

NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS:

Hardware ids:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0628&SUBSYS_FF001179&REV_A1

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0628&SUBSYS_FF001179

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0628&CC_030200

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0628&CC_0302

NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS:

Hardware ids:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0628&SUBSYS_FF001179&REV_A1

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0628&SUBSYS_FF001179

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0628&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0628&CC_0300

It is really problematic to find a working driver solution, imo. I use Win7 x64 btw.

INF posted above with instructions. Let me know if and how it works.

• 2 weeks later...

INF posted above with instructions. Let me know if and how it works.

Thanks for taking the time out to help us idiots who bought this laptop!

I am currently running Vistax64 in the hopes of selling my laptop, although the frequent daily BSOD's are ruining my chances.

I will upgrade to Win7 x64 tonight and get back to you with my results.

Thanks again

EDIT: Installed on Vistax64 and works great. I don't have the ability to test it with 3DMark, but will let you know how I get on in the next couple of days

Edited by Mistweaver

Thanks for taking the time out to help us idiots who bought this laptop!

I am currently running Vistax64 in the hopes of selling my laptop, although the frequent daily BSOD's are ruining my chances.

I will upgrade to Win7 x64 tonight and get back to you with my results.

Thanks again

EDIT: Installed on Vistax64 and works great. I don't have the ability to test it with 3DMark, but will let you know how I get on in the next couple of days

Glad to hear it is working.

Glad to hear it is working.

Just completed my first test with the new drivers.

3DMark 06 Advanced (default settings) - Scored 11,705

System specs

CPU: Core2Extreme X9100

GPU: Geforce 2 x 9800GTS in SLI

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1066

HD: 320GB Hitachi OEM

I will see if I can update the 258.96 INF also.

I will see if I can update the 258.96 INF also.

That would be great, thanks for your continued attention to my cause!

That would be great, thanks for your continued attention to my cause!

Hello Nautis! Thanks a lot for your concern!

Toshiba does not support our machine and neither does Nvidia.

I have a Toshiba Qosmio X300-156 Hybrid Sli card. a GEFORCE 9400M and 2x9800M. I work with Win7x64 bits.

Will this driver upgrade our performance compared to 186.81 Nvidia drivers?

Thanks a lot for your help!!!

They should. Give em a try.

You should also see much better support for things like PhysX, Cuda, and OpenCL.

My goal is to help those who have little to no support from either Nvidia or their notebook manufacturer. Most notebook manufacturers do not have the money or time to support driver updates so they usually fall back to the "just update if there is a serious bug or issue" mantra. Nvidia already has a ton of notebooks that they cover at this point so a couple notebook models that are on the fringe they cant really worry about.

Guest GOTIMEKILL

Nice work! I am going to test now! I have a Qosmio X305-Q706. With the 9400m and dual 9800 GTS cards. Is there anything else you need?

Let me know.

Nice work! I am going to test now! I have a Qosmio X305-Q706. With the 9400m and dual 9800 GTS cards. Is there anything else you need?

Let me know.

Got them installed. I also have upgraded my CPU to the QX9300...

Thanks so much for working on this!

Edited by GOTIMEKILL

Just updated to 258.96. Added and changed some settings relating to PhysX in the Nvidia Control panel, Taskbar switching, and Powermizer. Let me know how it works.

Just updated to 258.96. Added and changed some settings relating to PhysX in the Nvidia Control panel, Taskbar switching, and Powermizer. Let me know how it works.

Removed prior drivers and attempted to install the new ones, however, I received an error about not being able to install the control panel and that the drivers were being rolled back... I am still working on getting them installed.

I got them installed.

Edited by GOTIMEKILL

Removed prior drivers and attempted to install the new ones, however, I received an error about not being able to install the control panel and that the drivers were being rolled back... I am still working on getting them installed.

I got them installed.

I still did not try them thes last ones... Is it worth it? The last ones work really well! Perfect!! :)

What are the differences between 258.96 and the last ones??

Thanks again for caring!!

Edited by Saguii

Guest Rictorious

Hi Nautis. Just want to thank you for looking into updating these drivers, been looking to get CUDA to work on this laptop for a while now.

Many thanks!!!

I don't have a Qosmio and don't know how well the newer drivers handle Hybrid SLI. I appreciate all of your input since it is the only way I can judge if and how well these mods of mine are working. Screenshots are always welcome too. :)

Anyone notice anything new/different with 258.96 in the NV control panel?

As soon as I can get back in front of my notebook I will paste some registry areas that I would like exports from. The registry exports will help me figure out how Hybrid SLI is working on your Qosmio and possibly allow for some new things.

Guest yudas

i have the qosmio x300 14m ( 1 9400 and two 9800 gts) and its presentlling an error when i try to install, it end´s up by not installing at all, help?

also some steps are quite confusing, expecially the info ones!

Nautis please do keep helping us improve our Qosmio performance!! Thanks a lot!!!

Guest DemonikPanther

I got them installed.

How did you get it to install I get the control panel error and can't get it to install at all.

Guest Rictorious

Extract the drivers with winrar or 7zip into a new folder, delete any .inf files on there and then replace with the NVCO.inf that Nautis has provided and that should get it working. I had the same issue until i removed all the .inf files in the folder.

Hey Nautis. Hope you are doing fine!!

Something new for us? Do you still need that registry info??

Feel free to ask!!

Thanks

Guest Jimmy JOhnson

Just completed my first test with the new drivers.

3DMark 06 Advanced (default settings) - Scored 11,705

System specs

CPU: Core2Extreme X9100

GPU: Geforce 2 x 9800GTS in SLI

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1066

HD: 320GB Hitachi OEM

Hi there, it seems like u have x305-q706 if Im not mistaken, did u upgrade your cpu? Ive been thinking about it for a while now but I just cant get myself to do it. I mean, is it even possible?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest judgment

Figured I would try to stick to my monicker as the Hybrid guy and open up a section here for Toshiba Qosmio users. I have been asked numerous times in the past if my mods will work with Qosmio notebooks and I always have to tell you guys no.

The Qosmio is quite unique in the notebook world as if I am not mistaken includes a triple Nvidia Hybrid SLI setup. I am going to put together some drivers for you guys when I have spare time but I am going to need a lot of help and information.

If you guys can give me a list of what GPUs your notebook utilizes (device ids included) a link to the latest working driver and some time for testing I hope we can get a working solution together for you.

First, I am going to need to make a list of all the variants of Qosmio notebooks and the GPU configurations they use.

THIS IS AN UNOFFICIALY MODIFIED AND RELEASED INF. IT IS FOR TESTING AND EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

NOW UPDATED FOR 258.96!

Install Instructions:

1.) Download 258.96 64bit (make sure to click "Click here to download the requested driver.")

2a.) I recommend deleting any existing INFs just to make sure there are no conflicts (not really needed as there shouldn't be any conflicts, just a good procedure to get use to when using modified INFs)

3.) Download and copy the attached INF above^ (NVCO.INF) to the folder you extracted the drivers in step 1

In place of step 1 above: Download 258.49 64bit (make sure to click "Click here to download the requested driver.")

Hello! I am new to this forum but I have a qosmio x300-14x with dual 9800m sli and a single 9400m. I dont have any problems with overheating. I have some problem with the modified driver. Although my windows experience raised graphics from 6,7 to 7,1 with this driver need for speed shift is operating strangely with black screen and crashing problems as well as artifacts. My gpu's stay at 80c max ( I am using the nzxt lx cryo cooler). So can you fix this problem? Thanks in advance. Is there a way to know if the drivers are working correctly as they should? Thanks in advance.

Guest judgment

NOW UPDATED FOR 258.96!

Install Instructions:

In place of step 1 above: Download 258.49 64bit (make sure to click "Click here to download the requested driver.")

Hello! I am new to this forum but I have a qosmio x300-14x with dual 9800m sli and a single 9400m. I dont have any problems with overheating. I have some problem with the modified driver. Although my windows experience raised graphics from 6,7 to 7,1 with this driver need for speed shift is operating strangely with black screen and crashing problems as well as artifacts. My gpu's stay at 80c max ( I am using the nzxt lx cryo cooler). So can you fix this problem? Thanks in advance. Is there a way to know if the drivers are working correctly as they should? Thanks in advance.