LaptopVideo2Go Forums

NVIDIA Geforce/ION 258.69 Beta out at Nvidia

Oblox

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=3625283#post3625283

Win vista/7 64 bit Desktop http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/258.69/258.69_desktop_win7_winvista_64bit_english_beta.exe

Win vista/7 64 bit Mobile http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/258.69/258.69_notebook_winvista_win7_64bit_international_beta.exe

Win vista/7 32 bit Desktop http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/258.69/258.69_desktop_win7_winvista_32bit_english_beta.exe

Win vista/7 32 bit Mobile http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/258.69/258.69_notebook_winvista_win7_32bit_international_beta.exe

Spotted a post at guru3d again, looks like a new HD audio driver.

RELEASE HIGHLIGHTS :

This is a beta driver release from the Release 256 family of drivers (versions 256.xx to 259.xx). Learn more about Release 256 drivers here.

This driver supports the following NVIDIA notebook GPUs (please refer to the Products Supported tab for exceptions):

* ION notebook GPUs.

* GeForce 8M, 9M, 100M, 200M, 300M-series, and GTX 400M-series notebook GPUs.

* Quadro NVS-series notebook GPUs (only those that support DirectX 10 or higher).

* Quadro FX-series notebook GPUs (only those that support DirectX 10 or higher).

New in Version 258.69

* Adds support for GeForce GTX 400M-series notebook GPUs

* Includes numerous bug fixes. Refer to the release notes on the documentation tab for information about the key bug fixes in this release.

New in Release 256 Drivers

* Adds support for NVIDIA Optimus notebooks.

* Adds support for Blu-ray 3D with NVIDIA 3D Vision technology. Learn more about the hardware and software requirements here.

* Upgrades PhysX System Software to version 9.10.0223.

* Adds support for CUDA Toolkit 3.1 which includes significant performance increases for double precision math operations. See CUDA Zone for more details.

* Adds support for a new ‘Quality’ mode for NVIDIA’s Ambient Occlusion control panel feature.

* Adds a new NVIDIA Control Panel setup page for SLI and PhysX for ultimate control over multi-gpu configurations.

* Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here.

Additional Information:

* Installs HD Audio driver version 1.0.10.1 (for supported GPUs).

* Supports the new GPU-accelerated features in Adobe Photoshop CS5.

* Supports GPU-acceleration for smoother online HD videos with Adobe Flash 10.1. Learn more here.

* Supports the new version of MotionDSP's video enhancement software, vReveal, which adds support for HD output. NVIDIA customers can download a free version of vReveal that supports up to SD output here.

* Supports DirectCompute with Windows 7.

* Supports OpenCL 1.0 ( Open Computing Language).

* Supports OpenGL 3.3.

* Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and OpenGL.

Nope either they forgot or its a misprint still the inf says 1.0.9.1 HD audio in the win 7 32 bit notebook version.

I hope there is a release soon on MS update of one of the 25x drivers with a nv_whql.inf soon, because I have tried these drivers (with modded inf on this site) and they are the best for my notebook...no flickering like with the 198.05

I hope there is a release soon on MS update of one of the 25x drivers with a nv_whql.inf soon, because I have tried these drivers (with modded inf on this site) and they are the best for my notebook...no flickering like with the 198.05

Where do you see a modded inf for these 258.69? Not at this site yet! Glad there are working good for ya!

Dont wait for MS update, Nvidia has released the 257.21 WHQL already for notebooks and desktops. Other than that WHQL really doesnt mean much if the drivers work for you.

The modified inf and the drivers are out now - but the original inf or zipped additional OEM infs do support a long list of different laptops; my Asus at least is there.

The modified inf and the drivers are out now - but the original inf or zipped additional OEM infs do support a long list of different laptops; my Asus at least is there.

I didn't need the modded inf with the notebook version using a dell m1730. These 258.69 are working great so far no problems at all. They overclock good too.

A new fantastic bug developed - no output via VGA into external monitor, either using original or modified inf. So pretty short test...

Guest cmvcarlos88

I had problems with all 25X drivers in CODMW (COD4), the smoke is strange and it is slower for me. I have a compal ifl90 with a 8600mgt 512 ddr2 win7 x64. Could anyone help me to solve this, cause I think it is not normal. I am now using 197.15 and works well. What driver should you recommend me?

Guest arjcba

Either the clock monitor is not working (all monitors i have show it working full clock speed) or it has no clock speed control at all

anyway i'm goin back to verde driver

A new fantastic bug developed - no output via VGA into external monitor, either using original or modified inf. So pretty short test...

I'm connected to an external monitor via VGA (yuck! HDMI at home... VGA at work) right now and it works. At least it works on my setup. Anyone else having the same issue as zipper? Seems like something that would be tested before releasing.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest domenico

I got a lot of frezees,either when i wasn't doing anything,that needed to force shutdown my laptop with 8600m gt...reverted back to 257.21 and now my laptop works well