LaptopVideo2Go Forums

ERROR: MXM Structure not found or invalid. Reflash MXM ROM or add MXM structure and associated callbacks to SBIOS! Final Solution to 30 Secs startup

quipster

I found drivers that work and made my first attempt at modifying the bios myself.  Problem I am having is that I can't get nvflash to work for me.  The system is an Alienware m5750 and I can't get the bootable flash drive method to work with the system bios I'm using.  I can't flash in Windows because the battery is old and no longer holds charge, so I get the "battery has less than 35% charge" error.  I know this is an old thread, but I will eternally praise anyone who can assist.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• quipster

• Bandes

• kontini

• Crispii

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Hi quipster, PLEASE HELP...

I have an Alienware m9750. My nVidia 7950 GTX went bad so I bougt a new nVidia 9700m GT from ebay.

Now I have "mxm structure not found...30 second beep"

Is it a common tihng that after restart laptop has no screen and no beep. I can hear a welcome Windows sound but no picture. After a while I start it up again and got 30 second beep screen again.

Can you send me an moded bios.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hi quipster_respawn.

Would like to ask you to mod my vbios. Have MSI GX700 and have upgraded vga to 9600m GT 512mb DDR3 and got this "MXM structrure" message. Vbios link below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8r8v7rr8li433rc/BIOS.rom

I tried to fix it on my own bud didnt get it run. Many owners of GX700 used a moddified main bios from GX701 but unforunately this allows using drivers older then 260.99 included.

This is my last chance to get the new drivers working properly without any freezing and black screen.

Thanks in advance for your help. Cheers

• 4 months later...
Hi quipster !

or anyone else capable of helping me..

I have just bought a Nvidia FX770M MXM GPU.

All i know that it was in an HP laptop.

I have a Fujitsu Pi 1536 laptop.

It does not boot with the new card, black screen, stuck in a reboot loop.

How did you manage to make yours work ?

I have Fujitsu BIOS on my laptop (1.25)

Do i need the Alienware BIOS to make the GPU work ?

Thanks for the help in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

Look at my profile on the left, you have to flash this alienware system bios:

http://aliendl.alienware.com/Mobile/m5550/BIOS/m5550_BIOS_2.06w.zip

Edited by kontini

Look at my profile on the left, you have to flash this alienware system bios:

http://aliendl.alienware.com/Mobile/m5550/BIOS/m5550_BIOS_2.06w.zip

Thank You for the information!

Currently i am not able to reflash the System BIOS since my original Ati X1400 is totally dead.

But i have been trying already with an other GPU (8600m GT) but it did not work.

So i just need to get a working MXM II card first..

you can create an USB Crisis disk (google it if you  don't know it) at first by formatting at the USB key with FAT16 filesystem (not FAT32 that means you can use USB keys up to 2GB) with HP USB Disk tool, then use a a crisis disk utility replacing bios.wph with yours (I extracted it from the file I posted). Remove battery then hold four keys FN+B e CTRL+HOME  and insert power supply and power on, wait til' usb led blinks then release buttons. Bios flash is starting, it should end in a couple of minutes and notebook should automatically power off but be ready because it sometimes could reboot and restart to flash bios so you have to remove power cord just after power off and before usb start blinking again. That's what I've done lot of times but it is very dangerous so do it at your own risk but you won't need a working mxm card first.

you can create an USB Crisis disk (google it if you  don't know it) at first by formatting at the USB key with FAT16 filesystem (not FAT32 that means you can use USB keys up to 2GB) with HP USB Disk tool, then use a a crisis disk utility replacing bios.wph with yours (I extracted it from the file I posted). Remove battery then hold four keys FN+B e CTRL+HOME  and insert power supply and power on, wait til' usb led blinks then release buttons. Bios flash is starting, it should end in a couple of minutes and notebook should automatically power off but be ready because it sometimes could reboot and restart to flash bios so you have to remove power cord just after power off and before usb start blinking again. That's what I've done lot of times but it is very dangerous so do it at your own risk but you won't need a working mxm card first.

Oh, this is great info! Thanks a lot! I will try this.

I don't care if it is dangerous, because my laptop is already in a dead state anyways..

It can only get better. 

I am just stuck a bit now extracting the bios from the floppy_1.44.00 file which is in the archive (m5550_BIOS_2.06w.zip)

What software can extract the files from that ?

Ok, i got it now. 7-Zip did the job.

Edited by Bandes

After hours of working i finally managed to make that wincris.exe work with a pendrive.

I am not seeing any files on the drive, but it should be ok (?)

I did try booting the laptop with it, but it does not seem to be doing anything. I have been waiting and waiting. 19 minutes, 7 minutes last time. Nothing is happening.

No beeps, no shutdowns, no reboots. It looks like it does not read anything from the pendrive. There is no blinking, just a constant light.

Update:

Ok, so i copied MINIDOS.SYSPHLASH16.EXE and BIOS.WPH to the pendrive, but i see no difference in behaviour. Nothing is happening. Just waiting...

Edited by Bandes

No. It's not working.

There were a few things missing. Goddamn i had to make it work when there was no good guide.

Command.com, Kernel.Sys, AND AUTOEXEC.BAT. Unbelievable. I have read like 5 different guides, nobody mentioned it.

I am so frustrated now. It took me like 5 hours until i made the recovery pendrive work.

BIOS has been reflashed. Laptop rebooted. 

AND. The FX770M is still not working.

Symptoms are the same. Laptop keeps rebooting without anything showing up on the screen.

So it looks like i am f*cked with this card. Possibly the card has a vendor locked VBIOS, which makes it work only in HP laptops.

I was now trying to put nvflash on the recovery pendrive so i could reflash the VBIOS, but its hopeless.

At first i am just trying to backup the VBIOS, so i could check that. But it's not working. 

I guess it wont work. Cannot reflash VBIOS from recovery mode.

Giving up. Going sleeping.

Are you sure you flashed sbios? Files must be on usb key after you execute wincris.exe. For more compatibility do it under xp if you can. Anyway there aren't locked quadros FX 770m, never heard of it and I have had in my hands 4-5 cards, maybe a faulty card

Are you sure you flashed sbios? Files must be on usb key after you execute wincris.exe. For more compatibility do it under xp if you can. Anyway there aren't locked quadros FX 770m, never heard of it and I have had in my hands 4-5 cards, maybe a faulty card

All i know is that when i put the other files on the drive, the laptop rebooted itself as it should after flashing.

So it should have been flashed.

I also tried to backup the flash file but it aint writing anything on the drive. But it did shut down ! So it tried to backup the bios and it shut itself down.

With autoexec.bat.. I just can't believe why flashing should work without autoexec.bat. Makes no sense!

I have no XP and i won't install that. I have a Core 2 Quad with Win7x64, and and old Athlon with Vistax86.

Wincris only worked with Vista somehow, but i had to wipe a pendrive for it, because it did not work with an other one i wanted to use for this.

I could not test the card when i bought it sadly. Had no chance for that.

But i have seen this all kinds of places.

Someone was selling here FX770M and said "these cards were modified so they work with non HP models too."

Which means there should be some compatiblity thing.

I reflashed the system bios now multiple times. Back into Fujitsu 1.25 BIOS and again to Alienware 2.06w.

Flashing to Fujitsu BIOS the laptop shuts down itself after flashing. With Alienware BIOS it reboots after flashing.

But i have still no screen, and no POST, just reboots.

So the problem is with the GPU. I am so tired and frustrated by this now :(

Looks like nothing i can do with this.

The same happens to me. It automatically reboots  with Alienware bios but not with Fujitsu bios so you have correctly flashed sbios.

I guess those cards have a modified vbios to remove mxm error and with a fixed frequency table but it had to run at low frequencies after the countdown.

Anyway I modified my bios to recognize the HP Ati v700 256 MB DDR3 as HD3650 too, that was more complicated because that cards are really locked, and the lock is the absence of a vbios chip so in conclusion I'm sorry you bought a faulty card and you can't give it back.

Edited by kontini

• 1 year later...

Hi Quipster,

I have an MSI GX700 and my 8600m gt died, i bought a replacement card 9600m GT P616 to try to revive it, after some trials i found that internal display wont work.

I've already tryed GX701 BIOS, and internal display wont work so i reflashed GX700 last BIOS back
http://en.file-upload.net/download-11416060/A1719IMS.322.html
and the current vBIOS

http://en.file-upload.net/download-11416062/NVIDIA.9600MGT.512.080401.BIN.html

Connecting a external display via VGA port shows 30 sec delay count down and then it boots up and post but internal display dont work, it's possíble to make it work? I read that i could flash 8600m GT BIOS back on 9600m GT card but once the cards are diferent is possíble that i could damage the card because of different clock speeds???

Please help  :willy_nilly:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to all. I'm Italian and I joined this forum hoping for a solution on your part. I have a acer 7520G and I just replaced the video card with a nVidia GeForce 9300m GS MXM II DDR2 256M G98-630-U2 VG.9 MG06.001. I get the above error. I saw that there bios changed to wear. Someone could give me? Thanks very much to all and sorry my english translated .... hahaha

help meeee thanks

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Its possible to reupload the 9600m GT DDR3 moded bios?

Tomas

jo man, works great! :) 100% confirmation - don't forget to open & save the edited bios with nibitor to fix the checksum!

god bless the inventors :)

——————————————————————————————————————————————————

Système de radiographie | Fouloirs Latéraux | Unit dentaire portable pas cher

• 2 years later...
L'11 / 08/2010 alle 09:47, Guest amilo mario ha dichiarato:

Hi , I have an Nvidia gforce 9300m gs card that gives me MXM error with the 30 second countdown Could you send me the file to resolve the error? The various links in the discussion no longer work. Thanks and sorry for my poor English

Edited by giordy

• 10 months later...

Hi,

I have an acer 7720G. The 8400m gs died and replaced it with an 9300m gs. I got the usual MXM beep and message. I looked everywhere for a solution that is not dangerous.

SOLUTION:

Download the acer 1.45 bios update from the official acer site. Run the exe from windows. Job done. No flush no danger. The 13 year old machine with an samsung SSD upgrade boots in 25 seconds. Fast as modern ones.

Hi,

I have an acer 7720G. The 8400m gs died and replaced it with an 9300m gs. I got the usual MXM beep and message. I looked everywhere for a solution that is not dangerous.

SOLUTION:

Download the acer 1.45 bios update from the official acer site. Run the exe from windows. Job done. No flush no danger. The 13 year old machine with an samsung SSD upgrade boots in 25 seconds. Fast as modern ones.