LaptopVideo2Go Forums

ERROR: MXM Structure not found or invalid. Reflash MXM ROM or add MXM structure and associated callbacks to SBIOS! Final Solution to 30 Secs startup

quipster

Hi i got the same problem with the GFORCE 9700m gt

I need modded bios

I've got a Alienware m9700 and the nVidia is 9700m gt

Tanks

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• quipster

• Bandes

• kontini

• Crispii

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hello

i hve amilo pi 1536 gf 9500M GS and ERROR: MXM Structure not found or invalid. Reflash MXM ROM or add MXM structure and associated callbacks to SBIOS! Final Solution to 30 Secs startup please help i need mod bios

For 9500M gs, this string is 01 74 48 B0 1E. Change 1E to 01.

FOTO

ROM (MD5 500ff11bb759b37f3e3273a394ae07c9)

• 2 weeks later...

WINNER :) :) :P :unsure: :w00t: :unsure:

Could you share your solution. I had similar problem with 9500 GS on my Amilo Xi1546. None of the drivers downloaded from NVidia site recognized a card. Finally I changed bios to older one that does not have a beep and 30 seconds delay.

What have you done with a driver?

Could you share your solution. I had similar problem with 9500 GS on my Amilo Xi1546. None of the drivers downloaded from NVidia site recognized a card. Finally I changed bios to older one that does not have a beep and 30 seconds delay.

What have you done with a driver?

Seems as if your card originally came with an MSI Bios.

The Acer Bios does not produce a 30 secs delay on this card.

Driverwise I never had any problems to get one of

the 19*.** drivers to install with the modified inf, but

some time has gone by since I owned this card.

So my guess would be try an older driver and use a modified inf.

• 2 weeks later...

hello everyone! i've got my 9600m gt 512mb gddr3 with samsung chips and green pcb

only i got the 30 sec. boot delay.

Could someone mod my bios without the beep and standard gpu clocks?

thank you very much!

G96 M.bin

hello everyone! i've got my 9600m gt 512mb gddr3 with samsung chips and green pcb

only i got the 30 sec. boot delay.

Could someone mod my bios without the beep and standard gpu clocks?

thank you very much!

Here you are. Standard clocks, no delay, no beeps.

http://www.filedropper.com/modg96m

Extract to the rom-file in the zip-Archive and flash at your own risk.

Enjoy...

thank you very much for the bios Quipster!

but i stil got one question.

i got some problems with nvflash.

i've tried to make a bootable USB drive with the HP format utility but when i look on the stick i see nothing i tried to view all hidden files etc. but no luck.

i did exactly what the tutorial says.

can you help me?

I don't know, maybe there is a problem with Windows 7 and the USB Utility

or you don't have the right Dos files?

Try creating the stick on an XP machine and take a different Dos package.

Edited by quipster

damn thing is still not working i've tried everything also on system w/ win xp but i couldn't find the right dos packages

are there any other solutions? thanks

You can either take the Bios I hosted for Crispii, as it is for 9600M GT DDR3, or you make a dump of your Bios with GPU-Z, attach it here and I'll mod it for you.

finally i got to work! i've had to reflash my alienware bios to v1.25 Fusj.Siem. bios and that seems to work!

Edited by Crispii

Here you are. Standard clocks, no delay, no beeps.

http://www.filedropper.com/modg96m

Extract to the rom-file in the zip-Archive and flash at your own risk.

Enjoy...

Hello, Quipster I can't download bios file from this side: http://www.filedropper.com/modg96m

Could you once again place this bios file from different side or maybe could you mod my bios without the beep, 30 sec. boot delay and standard gpu clocks? I've got too nvidia 9600m gt 512mb gddr3 with samsung chips, green pcb and original (not mod) bios version 62.94.38.00.04

Thank you very very much!

original 96MGT.bin

Edited by Harris

Hi Quipster - I had a similar problem to those reported here - except got a garbage string on boot with a 30 sec timer (9300m GScard in an Acer 5520G laptop). Finally found your thread here and the fix. Reading @thx1137 & @zzpulps original posts and looking through the german site got me thinking about your fix and I think there's a simpler one. So I tried it on my card and it worked. As far as I can see it simply goes round the timer / beep issue altogether - so no timer at all. The fix is this :

Short walkthrough:

Start your preferred Hex-Editor and search the dumped Bios.rom for this string (it should only occur once):

01 74 47 B0 1E

Change 1E to 01 (sets delay counter from 30 to "1" - zero is not possible)

Instead change 01 74 to 02 75 - what this does is repeat the test from the previous sequence but instead of doing a jump if zero (74), does a jump if non-zero (75) which effectively between the two tests is an unconditional jump around the timer code.

Here's the whole code block

0000A5A2 2EF606210302 test byte [cs:0x321],0x2

0000A5A8 744F jz 0xa5f9

0000A5AA 2EF606210301 test byte [cs:0x321],0x1

0000A5B0 7447 jz 0xa5f9

changed to:

0000A5A8 744F jz 0xa5f9

0000A5AA 2EF606210302 test byte [cs:0x321],0x2

0000A5B0 7547 jnz 0xa5f9

I did this - reset the checksum using nibitor - flashed my bios and hey presto - it works.

I don't have the beep issue though so couldn't test that.

Edited by timjak

So it means you can boot without seeing the error message?

So it means you can boot without seeing the error message?

Hmmm - I don't think so, but since my problem is that I get some scrambled characters on boot with a timer (like the original german site) I can't be sure how it will work with the MXM structure....message. I do plan to have a deeper look at the fix to remove / change what gets displayed on boot so I'll post any progress I make here.

OK an update - changing the message is trickey - having a look back at the german site and the area where the error message gets loaded (via routine $caad), I tried a couple of things:

loading the SI register with a pointer to the correct message before $caad gets called

and loading the DI register with the same pointer

- neither worked for me it still gives scrambled characters (different ones but still scrambled).

I'm inclined to think that the area in the code which calls routine $c992 before it calls $caad (for a normal boot) is the key to showing the message correctly, but that is too many code changes and too risky to try. So I think I'm stuck with the message :-( but hey at least the timer is gone and my card runs at fullspeed :-)

Actually @Crispii fixing your message is easier if yours appears as text (not scrambled) when you boot up - just change it in the Rom directly. You may know how to but if you don't:

Open the rom in a hex editor like HxD (get from here). Do a find for the start of the message eg "ERROR: MXM" and then replace the whole message with one of your choosing, but MAKING SURE you leave the Hex "00" at the end because the routines use that to determine the end of the text string. Also make sure you replace with exactly the same number of characters. (You can highlight the text, copy it into notepad, change it and then paste it back). Then save the file (use a new name to keep the original copy). Open in Nibitor and then save again to fix the checksum. Then flash the file. No guarantees but it should work fine (I can't test it though - because of the aforementioned scrambling problem I have). And I would do it only if you have a good recovery strategy if you lose your display altogether.

Edited by timjak

wow that is just way to many info for me! :)

i've got a diffrent question for you, do you have any ideas how to mod the bios of the mobo to make a amilo pi 1536 work with 9600m GT and 4 gb of memory? because i 've bought 2 sticks and can't return it anymore i tried to find a solution but i stranded here:

http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-4GB-RAM-support-for-Amilo-Xi1546?highlight=fujitsu+siemens

Edited by Crispii

wow that is just way to many info for me! :)

i've got a diffrent question for you, do you have any ideas how to mod the bios of the mobo to make a amilo pi 1536 work with 9600m GT and 4 gb of memory? because i 've bought 2 sticks and can't return it anymore i tried to find a solution but i stranded here:

http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-4GB-RAM-support-for-Amilo-Xi1546?highlight=fujitsu+siemens

Sorry Crispii - can't help you with that - but maybe try the Rebel Haven bios mod forum - you can request bios mods there - maybe someone else has already done what you're after. Also it looks like user The Wiz from that link you posted actually offered to do the mod - maybe PM him and see if he's still willing.

Cheers and good luck

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Crispii - can't help you with that - but maybe try the Rebel Haven bios mod forum - you can request bios mods there - maybe someone else has already done what you're after. Also it looks like user The Wiz from that link you posted actually offered to do the mod - maybe PM him and see if he's still willing.

Cheers and good luck

Hi,

I have already asked The Wiz about this topic, but he did not give any advice. After some research, I found out that the root of the issue is the 32 bit memory controller in the chipset, so the graphics card, which is a memory mapped device, eats a big chunk of the address space (especially if the graphics has 1GB memory or so) and this space can not then be used for the main memory. The fact that the memory controller has only 32 address wires, makes it impossible to map the graphics to an area above the 4GB boundary. Few years passed since I was looking at this, so it might be not true what I say here. Sorry for being a little bit off topic.

Hi Quipster - I had a similar problem to those reported here - except got a garbage string on boot with a 30 sec timer (9300m GScard in an Acer 5520G laptop). Finally found your thread here and the fix. Reading @thx1137 & @zzpulps original posts and looking through the german site got me thinking about your fix and I think there's a simpler one. So I tried it on my card and it worked. As far as I can see it simply goes round the timer / beep issue altogether - so no timer at all. The fix is this :

Instead change 01 74 to 02 75 - what this does is repeat the test from the previous sequence but instead of doing a jump if zero (74), does a jump if non-zero (75) which effectively between the two tests is an unconditional jump around the timer code.

Here's the whole code block

0000A5A8 744F jz 0xa5f9

0000A5AA 2EF606210301 test byte [cs:0x321],0x1

0000A5B0 7447 jz 0xa5f9

changed to:

0000A5A8 744F jz 0xa5f9

0000A5AA 2EF606210302 test byte [cs:0x321],0x2

0000A5B0 7547 jnz 0xa5f9

I did this - reset the checksum using nibitor - flashed my bios and hey presto - it works.

I don't have the beep issue though so couldn't test that.

Hi,

if this means that you do not have to modify the performance tables, then it is definitely an improvement. Good job!

• 2 months later...

Hello i have search on the web many hours but impossible to find a bios for my 9600m gs 512 with modification for the mxm structure message with beeps and 30 seconds message. Could you please modify my bios because i can't find with hexdecimal editor the 01 74 or 02 75 code for changing.

Thanks in advance for modifying my bios.

G96 M.bin

Here you go, no delay counter, standard clocks.

As always, flash at your own risk!

I edited the bios according to timjak's method, which also works fine,

and adjusted the clock speeds to match the default values

even when running in low 3D mode.

https://rapidshare.com/files/460641968/modG96.rom

Hi Quipster, i got the 30 sec. message problem with the GFORCE 9600m gt

I need modded bios with standard clocks and no 30 sec.message

This is my rom :

thanks

G96 M.bin