LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Alienware M11xR2 - Newest Optimus Driver INFs

Nautis1100

Been posting these up over at NBR. Figured it would be worth it to post them here too. Nvidia currently does not seem to be including the M11xR2 in its Verde drivers. These INFs remedy that.

These are for the new M11xR2 with Optimus not the M11x(R1) with Hybrid Graphics.

258.69 INF

257.21 INF

Delete all INFs in the driver folder before putting this one there and installing. You may also be able to just replace the NVDM.INF in the driver folder with this one.

Do it yourself instructions now posted here!

Hello, I have installed the new 258 drivers and your inf on my M11xR2. The video card stuff seems to be working quite well except for one major thing for me. I have tried two different blu-ray playback softwares using the NVIDIA driver and not the Intel. Both softwares complain that my video card is not compatiable or can't handle blu-ray when I run them with the NVIDIA drivers. Do you know of anything I may be doing wrong in the install of the NVIDIA drivers? I take the 258 drivers and delete all the inf files, and copy your inf file in and then install.

Thanks

Jeff

Make sure that you run the software with Nvidia selected as your GPU. You should be able to right click the software icon and set it there.

Yeh,that part I know I got right. I start either program with NVIDIA graphics selected and the test viewer shows the NVIDIA gpu kick in, then basically one program errors and the other one crashes. Not sure what is going on. That is using 258 drivers. I use the your other 257 drivers and with that one, the NVIDIA gpu never kicks in, no matter what I do. Both programs work fine with Integrated Graphics selected, but nothing with NVIDIA. Not sure what the problem is. I have tried various attempts to install the NVIDIA drivers and nothing seems to help.

The 335M should be able to run blu ray with no problem from everything it says on the web, must be some sort of driver issue, but I am stumped.

Edited by vegasjay

• 3 months later...

Been posting these up over at NBR. Figured it would be worth it to post them here too. Nvidia currently does not seem to be including the M11xR2 in its Verde drivers. These INFs remedy that.

These are for the new M11xR2 with Optimus not the M11x(R1) with Hybrid Graphics.

258.69 INF

257.21 INF

Delete all INFs in the driver folder before putting this one there and installing. You may also be able to just replace the NVDM.INF in the driver folder with this one.

Do it yourself instructions now posted here!

new m11xr2 inf for 260.63 beta verde

nvdm.zip

Edited by brelicorne

• 2 months later...