LaptopVideo2Go Forums

NVidia evolution - or conspiracy?

zipper

Both 258.69 (OEM) and 257.37(Asus WHQL) drivers have killed off my external screen via VGA!! It can be brought alive as a projector, but then you can't create custom modes for it. Do they want to force to use HDMI external monitors only??? This is gonna to stop my driver testing further.

I doubt that NV would remove Analogue support, there are probably still a gazillion CRTs being used.

It could be this driver build.

258.69 and 257.37 are the same build.

I assume the next build will have your issue sorted.

Or unless NV are phasing out Analogue support in favour of DVI/HDMI

Most likely a bad bug. There is a similar one on Hybrid Graphics notebooks (without Intel HD) that results in the Intel GPU to output only to the VGA port and not the LCD screen. This happens only when the Intel driver is combined with Nvidia driver in Hybrid Graphics. The Intel driver on its own outputs to the LCD screen fine.

The 256 series (256 and up) seem to be extremely buggy with various issues from powermizer, to settings not saving, to your output issues, to screen flicker, and the list goes on.

Well, just sort of kidding - but wonder how an obvious bug like this can slip thru...

Weird... I am running 258.69 64-bit Windows 7 Drivers and have a 24" Samsung SyncMaster on HDMI and a 17" Dell LCD on VGA.

Installed the Notebook Version without the MODed .inf

Both are working fine !!!

Weird... I am running 258.69 64-bit Windows 7 Drivers and have a 24" Samsung SyncMaster on HDMI and a 17" Dell LCD on VGA.

Installed the Notebook Version without the MODed .inf

Both are working fine !!!

I only believe you because of the puppy avatar. :)

My 17" LCD from my old pc is working perfectly connected to my laptop through VGA. Driver installed without modded inf.

Edited by Beyond

Seeing some some VGA connections work, looks to be a possible EDID issue in the driver.

Seems to give an excuse to get a new monitor...

Yep, when I installed 257.21 it killed my s-video out. I can still force it in Win7's display settings, but nVidia always sees it as disconnected.

Guest zunzo

quote Nautis1100

Most likely a bad bug. There is a similar one on Hybrid Graphics notebooks (without Intel HD) that results in the Intel GPU to output only to the VGA port and not the LCD screen. This happens only when the Intel driver is combined with Nvidia driver in Hybrid Graphics. The Intel driver on its own outputs to the LCD screen fine.

I have win 7 64 bit and a Hp pavillion with geforce 8600M GS. When i passed from vista to seven I had this problem! my hdmi output dont'work anymore!

any suggest??

thanks!

The bug is still in 258.96.