• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nautis1100

• loosh.iii

• chainer1

• B.tuned

Hi I have a GATEWAY ID49c05i. I tried to follow the instructions but it didn't work for me. Any other suggestions?

I've upload my Hardware ID and INF info.

Thanks in advance!! :)

Guest Podari

I've already posted this to the notebookreview forums, but in case people here have an answer first...

I just got my Sager NP5125 and I probably just fail at life but I tried both copying those lines and extracting and replacing the inf files and it keeps giving me the same error:

"The NVIDIA Setup Program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit."

Guest Podari

I've already posted this to the notebookreview forums, but in case people here have an answer first...

I just got my Sager NP5125 and I probably just fail at life but I tried both copying those lines and extracting and replacing the inf files and it keeps giving me the same error:

"The NVIDIA Setup Program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit."

OK, so I think I made it past my initial misunderstanding. Here is what I did step by step:

1. Downloaded the installer, let it do it's thing so as to establish the appropriate folder and files (this installer gave me the aforementioned error, naturally).

2. Opened the nvcv.inf file in the newly created Display folder

3. Edited the particular entries indicated

4. Ran setup.exe from the "International" folder NOT the "Display" folder (which is what I was doing earlier that gave me the same error message)

THING IS, though the installer ran, after the requisite restart the NVIDIA driver's not showing up in my system tray AT ALL. Joy!

OK, so I think I made it past my initial misunderstanding. Here is what I did step by step:

1. Downloaded the installer, let it do it's thing so as to establish the appropriate folder and files (this installer gave me the aforementioned error, naturally).

2. Opened the nvcv.inf file in the newly created Display folder

3. Edited the particular entries indicated

4. Ran setup.exe from the "International" folder NOT the "Display" folder (which is what I was doing earlier that gave me the same error message)

THING IS, though the installer ran, after the requisite restart the NVIDIA driver's not showing up in my system tray AT ALL. Joy!

Yeah I will post better instructions. I am glad you figured it out.

Check here for activating the new system tray tool. -> http://blogs.nvidia.com/ntersect/2010/07/take-a-look-new-optimus-interface.html

iioshi try the instructions podari posted and see if ti works then.

I tried the previous instructions and it worked. My bad didn't notice the folder locations. thanks!!

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A76&SUBSYS_84461043

NVidia ION with Optimus on ASUS Eee 1215n

--PLEASE help

Now added to the first page: For the ASUS Eee 1215n :)

Hey nautis

heres the info for my asus n53jn's gt335m

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0CAF&SUBSYS_14B21043

thanks alot for the help!

oem13.inf

Hey nautis

heres the info for my asus n53jn's gt335m

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0CAF&SUBSYS_14B21043

thanks alot for the help!

Looks like the asus n53jn is already included in the 258.96 Verde drivers. You should be able to just download these drivers and install them. If for whatever reason that doesn't work you can also follow the Easy Install Instructions on the first post.

oh...my...GOD....

the gt 335m is freaking AMAZING....holy crappppppppp... sc2 runs sooo well now.

the problem i had was that i was trying to install the english "DESKTOP" drivers before which is why i gave up on these drivers...thankgod i checked these forums or else i wouldve been searching for weeks.... thankyou soooooo much nautis definately my hero.

oh...my...GOD....

the gt 335m is freaking AMAZING....holy crappppppppp... sc2 runs sooo well now.

the problem i had was that i was trying to install the english "DESKTOP" drivers before which is why i gave up on these drivers...thankgod i checked these forums or else i wouldve been searching for weeks.... thankyou soooooo much nautis definately my hero.

No worries mate. When searching for drivers at Nvidia make sure you look for Verde/Notebook drivers.

Hello nautis1100

I have a Lenovo Z360 Laptop with a Geforce 310M Optimus Video Card using a Windows 7 Professional x64 system.

The latest official drivers from Lenovo are the 189.69 drivers.

My hardware-id (PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A70&SUBSYS_396817AA&REV_A2) has never been included with any of the official NVIDIA-Drivers. I have managed to install some of these by using modified .inf files from this site or adding my hardware-id to the .inf-files manually, but only when using the driver-update-function from within the Device Manager.

And here comes the strange part:

When I install a modified driver on its own (using the setup.exe), Windows always assumes that the secondary video card (the 310M) must have some kind of display of its own and installs a "non-pnp-display" for it. The NVIDIA-card is thus never used when i do something because it (i guess) always assumes that I'm using the wrong screen. Interstingly this also happens with the new 259.47 driver, although this is (as far as I can tell) not vendor-specific, so it actually installs on my system without any .inf-file-fiddling. But it still installs a new screen for the secondary video card.

I have attached the NVLT.inf file from the 189.69 driver. I hope that it's of some help so that it's possible to do a fresh install of a new driver.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

steedalot

NVLT.INF

Edited by steedalot

Gonna need more info. What notebook are you using (manufacturer/model)? What version of Windows 7 (32bit or 64bit)? What version of the nvidia drivers?

Gateway ID49C01H

Windows 7 64 Bit

Version 258.96

Hello. May be anyone help me with my problem - no new drivers from nvidia can be installed =\ And OEM driver is veeeery poor - no CUDA support, no optimus and so.... I`m using Windows 7 32bit on DreamBook Lite U11a ION2 HD

HW ID is PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A6F&SUBSYS_22001B35&REV_A2

OEM drivers version 189.42

inf file from OEM drv attached.

Thanks a lot if anyone can help....

NVLBH.INF

Edited by bet

Thx a lot. After some modifications (missing HWID in main section) 258.96 start using CUDA and so. But - seems netbook after installing this drivers start overheating =\ Any suggestions how to fix this or mb. point me on correctly modded drivers for netbook ?

Guest Mikey22

For my Asus U43JC-X1

Windows 7 x64

nVidia 310m Optimus

Current Drivers: 257.41

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A70&SUBSYS_13721043&REV_A2

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A70&SUBSYS_13721043

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A70&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A70&CC_0300

is there anymore info needed, when I try to install the drivers it tells me not allowed, and I couldn't find the hardware id's in the infs provided