LaptopVideo2Go Forums

[8600m] Problems with S-video after driver upgrade

McGoof

It's a bit rusty topic, cause it happened some time ago, but still occurs.

I have problems with connecting my lap to external display through S-Video. After upgrading drivers about year or one and half ago, my S-Video stopped working- Lap detects external display, its resolution, refresh rate etc, it even displays desktop on it for a few msecs when updating settings in nvidia panel, but then- it just dissapears and I see nothing.

I haven't use S-Video for that time, but I am certain that problem occured after upgrading from 16xx or 15xx series to newer drivers.

Once I had the same issue. I reinstalled many drivers, and then figured the cabel wasn't plugged in correctly (during time of use it pluged out a bit from tv).

I now it's not much of help, but still wanted to share this :)

S-video is extremely voltage-sensitive. Nobody knows why certain drivers seem to draw voltage away from the S-vid port, but the solution is to either try a different driver or try a shorter, better-shielded cable.