LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Can i upgrade the video card of an Asus G2k-A1?

cyborg34572

My laptop is the Asus G2k-a1 its dedicated video card is the ATI Mobility Radeon HD2600 Gddr3 256mb pciex. Can you pls tell me if i can upgrade to a more powerful vide card, i have no idea what MXM type the laptop has or if it even has MXM, pls help.

I wanna upgrade its video card because i cant seem to overclock it, it has a branded bios and it wont let me do anything, i cant even seem to find any HD2600 gddr3 bios anywhere.

And if the video card is upgradable can you recommend the fastest one i can get for my laptop pls.

thank you for reading and hopefuly answering my question. Sorry for my english its not my first language.

You can't upgrade your Laptop graphic card, sorry.

Not to be rude but, why have you put "laptop" in bold letters?, are you implying that laptops cannot upgrade video cards?, i hope you do realize that your in a forum where people talk about laptop vc upgrades. And as you can see it is very possible if the laptop has an MXM, MXM II, MXM III slot. I just think you dont knwo that laptop video cards are infact upgradable.

But anyways, i found this somewhere on the internet

http://www.alibaba.com/product-tp/107851099/MXM_II_VGA_Video_Card_for.html

its someone selling these, "MXM II VGA Video Card for Asus Direct X DX 9 10 G1 G1S G1Sn G2 G2K G2S G2Sg G50Vt Go7700 8600MGT 9500MGS x1700 HD2600 8700MGT"

It describes the HD2600 from the Asus G2k model as an MXM II type video card. So this prety much confirms that i have an MXM II type slot. ( but just to make sure before i buy an mxm II video card, i will open my laptop up and see what the video card looks like)

But for now, Can anyone recommend to me a good MXM II type video card?, im interested in the fastest one available thank you.

Not to be rude but, why have you put "laptop" in bold letters?, are you implying that laptops cannot upgrade video cards?, i hope you do realize that your in a forum where people talk about laptop vc upgrades. And as you can see it is very possible if the laptop has an MXM, MXM II, MXM III slot. I just think you dont knwo that laptop video cards are infact upgradable.

But anyways, i found this somewhere on the internet

http://www.alibaba.com/product-tp/107851099/MXM_II_VGA_Video_Card_for.html

its someone selling these, "MXM II VGA Video Card for Asus Direct X DX 9 10 G1 G1S G1Sn G2 G2K G2S G2Sg G50Vt Go7700 8600MGT 9500MGS x1700 HD2600 8700MGT"

It describes the HD2600 from the Asus G2k model as an MXM II type video card. So this prety much confirms that i have an MXM II type slot. ( but just to make sure before i buy an mxm II video card, i will open my laptop up and see what the video card looks like)

But for now, Can anyone recommend to me a good MXM II type video card?, im interested in the fastest one available thank you.

Hi, I don't know much about MXM cards, but I was curious about it, so did a quick google on it. I found this link pretty quickly that might be of interest to you:

http://www.mxm-upgrade.com/Store_13.html

I don't know if all of those cards would be compatible, but there's an 9800M GTS in there, as well as a 250 mobile card I think. That website also has technical information on it that might enable you to decide which card is compatible with your system. Good luck, and would be good to know how you got on.