LaptopVideo2Go Forums

PhysX v9.10.0513 fixes 8600M issues

mobilenvidia

Lots of reports coming in that the long issue of PhysX not working with 8600M's seems to finally be fixed with this build.

If you guys with issues and what make/model of Notebook and GPU can confirm that it's working (or not still) that would be a great help for others.

This took NVIDIA a very long time to finally sort, quite a few build have come and gone since the issue started.

It also took NVIDIA a very long time to release this set, as it's dated May 12.

I think it's very slack as NVIDIA has no problems in saying a certain range of GPU's (incl 8600M's) are PhysX capable, but then break it for about a year.

PhysX v9.10.0513

I have a dell vostro 1500 with 8600m GT ddr2 sadly using the .0513 physx and Physx is working now. I am so happy that it is finally fixed.

Guest Hoozer

Hello everyone,

I had this problem with my 8600GTS 256MB ("MSI NX8600 GTS-T2D256E-HD-OC" PCIe)-card within my Desktop-PC with Windows 7 64 Bit and all versions newer than 196.34! (196.34 was the last version it was working in hardware-mode!) No PhysX-Hardware-Support was available! (On Windows-XP 32 Bit PhysX worked perfect with all versions newer than 196.34!)

So I set up a support-request (on 05/24/2010) at NVidia and informed them what was troubling me!

After a short correspondence with wired ideas from them, they stated they will have a closer look at it!

And finally it is now working again, hopefully also for future versions! ;-)

Hoozer

where can i download PhysX v9.10.0512 cause Nvidia delete the link

It's replaced with v9.10.0513.

Both can be found in our PhysX section

HP 8600M GS and working fine along with 259.31

PhysX now working on Dell M1530 with 8600M GT with these, although my lowly GPU probably struggles enough rendering games without the additional burden of PhysX, it's probably thankful when my CPU gets involved to do the physics!

My system must be getting a bit dodgy. This Physx release along with Forceware:258.96 ain't working, in fact Physx hasn't worked for me for quite some time. Time for windows 7 I guess.