LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Asus n53JN drivers

B.tuned

Hey guys ive been trying to find alternate drivers for my Asus n53jn but really not sure on what to use. The stock drivers that asus provide dont seem to work very well with gaming for some reason and ive been trying to find something taht will at least let me run sc2 properly on medium (which the 335m should be able to do)

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks

What's the version of the original driver? 257.41 is a pretty recent version for Asus. Or 259.12.

the driver version says this : Nvidia VGA Driver 8.16.11.8964

also: its an optimus card so does that mean i either have to use the asus provided drivers/nautis's modified ones for the optimus to work properly??

Edited by B.tuned

Yes, very probably; the "normal" drivers won't let the change from card to another happen automatically (so far; probably the future will see the percentage of hybrid/optimus notebooks to rise substantially).

The Verde drivers most likely do not include support for the Asus N53JN since it was released after the 258.96 drivers. If you follow the instructions at the top of my thread here and post them in that thread, I can add instructions on how to modify the INF to make it work.

The Verde drivers most likely do not include support for the Asus N53JN since it was released after the 258.96 drivers. If you follow the instructions at the top of my thread here and post them in that thread, I can add instructions on how to modify the INF to make it work.

Awesome thanks ill post it up tonight.

Question: once i install the 258.96 drivers, assuming that it works, will i still have optimus working as well? That's the most important thing for me right now.