LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Need new drivers for Lenovo Z360 (Optimus)

Guest Christian

Guest Christian

Any chance for new and working drivers for the 310M Optimus card in my Lenovo ideapad Z360? Right now I am not able to play Starcraft 2 with the current (and only working) drivers from the Lenovo website. For some reason the NVIDIA gpu is not used at all when I play the game though it is working properly for decoding videos etc.

Any suggestions? I tried pretty much all drivers that can be found on this site, but none of them will install..

Thanks a lot in advance!

Any chance for new and working drivers for the 310M Optimus card in my Lenovo ideapad Z360? Right now I am not able to play Starcraft 2 with the current (and only working) drivers from the Lenovo website. For some reason the NVIDIA gpu is not used at all when I play the game though it is working properly for decoding videos etc.

Any suggestions? I tried pretty much all drivers that can be found on this site, but none of them will install..

Thanks a lot in advance!

Hello

I also have the Z360 by Lenovo. The correct entry in the .inf-files for the driver is missing in the new nvidia-drivers, so that the Z360 is not recognized by the these drivers. What you could try to do is install the latest drivers from the Lenovo website (189.69). Then download the 258.96 drivers from here and put the modified .inf-file into the downloaded folder, like explained here. You can the update to the new drivers in the device manager. That worked correctly on my system. I currently see no easy way to directly install any new driver on the Z360, I'm afraid.

Good luck,

steedalot

Guest Christian

Hello

I also have the Z360 by Lenovo. The correct entry in the .inf-files for the driver is missing in the new nvidia-drivers, so that the Z360 is not recognized by the these drivers. What you could try to do is install the latest drivers from the Lenovo website (189.69). Then download the 258.96 drivers from here and put the modified .inf-file into the downloaded folder, like explained here. You can the update to the new drivers in the device manager. That worked correctly on my system. I currently see no easy way to directly install any new driver on the Z360, I'm afraid.

Good luck,

steedalot

Great! Works just fine! Thanks a lot!

• 2 weeks later...

The method Seedalot mentioned may be buggy and cause certain features not to work. This is because these features and many new settings may be excluded from the INF. You might be better off posting in Modding 101 - Missing Optimus Device IDs and following the instructions. This will get you a fully working properly modified INF.

• 2 months later...

to fellow z360 owners

do you also have problems with gaming?

e.g. team fortress 2 wont run or hangs/crashes to desktop ?

also, i am having serious graphical glitches in starcraft2. e.g. artifacts, disappearing icons, disappearing screen (only cursor is visible).

i just bought this notebook 1 week ago.

i am thinking its a driver problem but i already tried many different drivers. i dont have any serious problems with other games i checked (i checked only a few).

i think i read somewhere that the z360 has cooling issues. the fan is too small or something...

i need advice. i wouldnt want to return this notebook. its quite nice.

new bios is out: http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/ge/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_list.aspx?CategoryID=808113

it seems to fix heat issues with i5 cpus.

other interesting websites:

GPU-Z - http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

WHQL & optimus: http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook-win7-winvista-64bit-260.99-whql-driver.html

nvidia system tools: http://www.nvidia.com/object/nvidia_system_tools_6.06.html

Edited by kayjay