• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zipper

• Michael Marley

• coolguy16

• Robbo the Second

Ok now what about Verde. :)

EDIT: Here are the Notebook Verde Versions.

Vista\Win7 32 bit

Vista\Win7 64 bit

WinXP 32 bit

WinXP 64 bit

I've changed the links to them. :)

The desktop ones were up first and I was a bit too eager after the wait. :P

your x32 and x64 links for win7 are mixxed up. cheers :unsure:

Cheers. :w00t:

Sony has joined the Verde program by supporting the following VAIO notebooks: Sony F Series with NVIDIA GeForce 310M and Sony F Series with NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M. Other Sony VAIO notebooks are not supported at this time (please contact Sony for driver support).

Sony finally decided to rejoin verde, too bad no support for older laptops (I HATE!!! you Sony)

Edited by ricktendo64

Something to note with these 260 series drivers. PhysX seems to be set to CPU by default everyone may want to make sure they enable GPU.

Thanks to our always spot-on collective members...I'm having a blast with the site and the 'trial_error installations of the various NV GPU drivers...even though this laptop that I'm currently utilizing will not even come close to their full graphic potential...lol

I have had 'issues' when D/L a set from the NV site, and just dropping in a modded .inf from Pieter...always some of sort of installation error when utilizing the usually dependable 'Have Disc' method...

As mobilenvidia made mention on recent new 4.xxx inf thread, he did not have issues when using the built-in setup.exe with the v260.52/v260.53 drivers.... (I also had success with the v260.52 with setup.exe) Now I am going to uninstall the v260.52 drivers, run Driver Sweep, then extract the 260.63_notebook_winvista_win7_32bit.exe directory and just drop Pieter's modded .inf file in (of course getting a copy/replace notification....then run setup.exe and choose 'custom install' to my liking...I will not need NV 3D Vision driver (17.2MB) or the NV Physx System Software (9.10.0514) (73.2MB)-->I do 'not' think because of my very limited gaming needs??

There are a 'bunch of .inf files within the Display.Driver directory, so I would assume to match one up with Pieter's latest INF v4.040, 41, 42, 43 and 44 files.....?nami

Aware of the aspect of the various Nvidia OEM inf naming schemes...

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/918-reference-list-of-nvidias-odmoem-inf-naming-scheme/

Hmmm, lol, it seems like all of the latest modded .inf files are nv_disp.inf---->I can not locate one within the Display.Driver folder...as I think this needs to match the nv_disp.cat file.??

Reviewed this thread:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/8128-what-is-a-modded-inf-what-is-the-performance-and-quality-inf/

From Mod-Bill

"You will need to edit the version number in the INF if Pieter hasn't made one yet. You can use an INF from a similar version number, edit the version number and use it.

You should be able to do that without any major issues.

But we usually get the INFs up pretty quickly. If you know of a driver that we don't have here, just tell us about it and we will grab it and make a mod INF.

To sum it up, matching INFs aren't required because they are mostly very similar to each other, but you should always try to use the INF that goes with the driver.

It essentially is required unless you mod a different INF. If you don't mod the non-matching INF, I am pretty sure it will not install."

Great forum!

Just renamed a modded Pieter nv_disp.inf (4.041) to one of many corresponding .inf within the directory, and all installed properly, as I chose a custom install option and did not check NV 3D Vision driver or the NV Physx System software driver...:)

Edited by gahbmwm5

Interesting, claims to offer a clean install option.

Anyone tested to see if it actually cleans up the old drivers or same old same old?

Yes agreed, and reviewed this on another tweaking forum:

Installation

* New driver installer with enhanced user interface and new Express and Custom installation options.

o Express – fast and easy one-click installation

o Custom – customized installation

+ Option to perform a clean installation (completely removes older drivers from your system prior to installing the new driver).

+ Option to choose which driver components (ie. PhysX or 3D Vision) to install.

o Improved installation time for multi-GPU PCs.

'That might be my favorite part of this whole driver set...no more messing with DriverSweeper.'

But have not tried to install.......yet....lol

Anyone tested to see if it actually cleans up the old drivers or same old same old?

It does what some old Quadro installers used to do.

run the uninstall script and continue the installation after reboot.

Well always a 'learning process'...lol As I D/L a Pieter modded .inf (nv_disp.inf v4.041), and just renamed it to one of many corresponding .inf files within the Display.Driver directory...copy and replace appeared...Held my breath, as I was wondering if this method would corrupt the file, but all went well with installing...

Chose not to install 3D Vision Driver or the Physx System Software...after reboot Aero scheme was a little off, Min, Max, Close buttons were slightly larger as well as all fonts in both Firefox 4.0b5 and IE8....all title bar fonts within system were larger too...Went back to Personalization applied Vista Basic...all looked normal, then re-applied Aero, and all is back to par...:)

Hi, I tried the 'clean install' option. It worked for me. I couldn't find any traces of the old driver, and installation was quicker than the usual Driver Sweeper method! I think NVidia have done a good job with the installer.

Hi, I tried the 'clean install' option. It worked for me. I couldn't find any traces of the old driver, and installation was quicker than the usual Driver Sweeper method! I think NVidia have done a good job with the installer.

Original Installer does not work for my bootcamped 2009 Macbook Pro (No compatible hardware found).

Tried to replace one INF with the modded vn_disp.inf. That made the Installer run through, but still didn't succeed (the Installer even told me it failed).

What I noticed: Both the Clean Install of the new Installer and Driver Sweeper leave the old Registry entries intact. Means that when you do a manual Update Driver via Device-Manager you still get a list of all compatible NVidia drivers *ever* installed.

Still blackscreens on my 8600m GT. At least now I can legitimately complain at NVIDIA because they released an official beta that should in theory support my card.

Means that when you do a manual Update Driver via Device-Manager you still get a list of all compatible NVidia drivers *ever* installed.

That's the way Windows works, look at system32,driverstore or drvstore, there they are occupying hundreds of Megs, even Gigs of room. I'm so happy the new Unlocker 64 allows to get rid easily of those ballast drivers on Win7/64.

Still blackscreens on my 8600m GT. At least now I can legitimately complain at NVIDIA because they released an official beta that should in theory support my card.

Same problem here, I already made a post on Official NVIDIA 260.63 Beta Driver Feedback Thread, but my English is not perfect. http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=180561&view=findpost&p=1117030.

Guest Psychotic Deformity

nvidia user experience driver crashes after logging into session every time.

switching between dedicated and integrated graphics (hybrid on M17x R1)can sometimes result in the system becoming unresponsive.

Whats this ****!? CP is still buggy, opened once and then never again, only after reboot again, same **** as 260.xx!

1st i wanted to set physx to gpu, dont work, still shown CPU, again, GPU, again CPU shown!

WTF!?

I had all sorts of problems with the previous 260.xx drivers (Black screens, Crashing, Leftover bits after Driver Sweeper in Safe-Mode leading to a Full Rebuild), but these Verde Drivers installed without a hitch without the need for a Modded .inf...

No Control Panel Problems, in fact it is 10x more responsive than the 19x.xx drivers.

I'm not sure if it is the "placebo effect", but my system seems a little 'peppier' and less 'crashier'

Haven't had a chance to test any games (got to bring home the bacon), but I think I'm gonna keep 'em !!!

Guest Fishsticks910

These drivers are AMAZING. Between these and the last beta driver 260.61 and the ones before it, this has fixed Gothics 1 & 2. Have not gotten the chance to test GTA San Andreas but based on the fact that many other games with previously poor performance among other problems are now running perfectly and smoothly, I'll assume all is good. This driver has also given me a noticeable increase in performance in Fallout 3 and Oblivion (bugfix maybe?).

These drivers are AMAZINGly bad benchmarkers for me...

fixed the cp "bug" - nvidia driver helper service has now to be enabled, if not you cant open cp. Thats new with 260.xx , and very useless!

You will find more and more being tied to that service. AFAIK the service was always needed to properly apply control panel settings. Not sure why people are so set on disabling it.