LaptopVideo2Go Forums

NVIDIA GeForce 260.63 Beta

Galdere

I had all sorts of problems with the previous 260.xx drivers (Black screens, Crashing, Leftover bits after Driver Sweeper in Safe-Mode leading to a Full Rebuild), but these Verde Drivers installed without a hitch without the need for a Modded .inf...

No Control Panel Problems, in fact it is 10x more responsive than the 19x.xx drivers.

I'm not sure if it is the "placebo effect", but my system seems a little 'peppier' and less 'crashier'

Haven't had a chance to test any games (got to bring home the bacon), but I think I'm gonna keep 'em !!!

Exactly the same for me, the NVidia Control Panel is faster & a lot more responsive than before - it was so slow before!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zipper

• Michael Marley

• coolguy16

• Robbo the Second

I installed this on my 8600M GT and it's working great.

The first time i tried to run the setup it said my vga was not compatible, i clicked ok and the NEXT button was not grayed out anymore.

Installation and the clean install works ok but it makes you reboot twice (really annoying)

I installed this on my 8600M GT and it's working great.

The first time i tried to run the setup it said my vga was not compatible, i clicked ok and the NEXT button was not grayed out anymore.

Installation and the clean install works ok but it makes you reboot twice (really annoying)

I forgot to say that GPUZ show CUDA, PhysX and DirectCompute are working but OpenCL not

I forgot to say that GPUZ show CUDA, PhysX and DirectCompute are working but OpenCL not

I second that, GPUZ showing OpenCL not working. To be honest, I don't think it's an issue for me, I don't think games use OpenCL (not the ones I have), and I don't think I have any applications that use it. This is something that has happened to me for many drivers before this one.

runs much hotter than my previous drivers(257.something)

Fair Do's. These drivers run at exactly the same temperatures as pretty much all other drivers I've tried on my system. The only exceptions are drivers that haven't been letting the GPU downclock from 3D to 2D clocks when it needs to, but that's been a long time since any driver version has not downclocked for me.

runs much hotter than my previous drivers(257.something)

Thats because the powermizer is not working in this driver

i had to download the powermizer manager and enable it to not use full clock speed all the time

Powermizer working on my notebook, checked via eVGA Precision (2.0) tool. Haven't had much time to test my notebook, but AMAZING results on my desktop in regards to performance.

Powermizer also does not seem to function on my VGN Vaio Z in Hybrid Graphics. (Even after activated using PowerMizer Manager.) OpenCL and PhysX also seem to be having issues. Could be due to my modding though. Still working on em.

EDIT: Very Curious :) ... I now have PowerMizer, OpenCL and PhysX working and I am not sure exactly how. :)

Nvidia Control Panel seems to like to lockup.

Powermizer also does not seem to function on my VGN Vaio Z in Hybrid Graphics. (Even after activated using PowerMizer Manager.) OpenCL and PhysX also seem to be having issues. Could be due to my modding though. Still working on em.

EDIT: Very Curious :) ... I now have PowerMizer, OpenCL and PhysX working and I am not sure exactly how. :)

Nvidia Control Panel seems to like to lockup.

You should just feel lucky that the drivers work at all!

OpenCL also works fine for me. I just removed the subsys from another 8400M GT because mine is vaio.

can you please put the changes that you made for nvidia 8400m gt,vgn-ar71m,thanks

Downloaded and installed the 64 bit version for desktop. So far so good.... flash does seem to run a little better now, maybe its just my mind playing tricks on me :)

oh yeah I installed this on:

i7 -920

Rampage II Extreme

12GB 10666 G.skill

2x30GB SSD Raid 0

BFG GTX 295

Edited by GodfreyOuwens

This driver works fine in my Vaio FZ-190 with 8400M GT. Used the nvszc inf file (Sony inf - has settings for all recent GPU's), and copied some settings from the nvmt inf for 8400M GT.

This driver works fine in my Vaio FZ-190 with 8400M GT. Used the nvszc inf file (Sony inf - has settings for all recent GPU's), and copied some settings from the nvmt inf for 8400M GT.

can you explain me how to get the drive to give to your sony vaio??

Thx

Guest Minotaur

In Windows NT (Vista/7) the tool 'pnputil.exe' is your friend!

I don't see why Drivercleaner etc haven't been able to integrate the features of pnputil and use it to clean out those stored system drivers.

That is a reason why Drivercleaner alone wasn't completely useful when trying to clean out a system. On rebooting Windows after cleaning, it

would just install the latest version kept in the store (undoing most of what Drivercleaner cleaned out), just before you install manually

whatever drivers.

I haven't tried this yet with the new driver install technique, but I would reboot into safe mode when the nVidia drivers reboot the system to install the new drivers.

Run Drivercleaner & CCleaner and then reboot again and let the nVidia drivers continue installing. Good on nVidia for changing the way it installs drivers!

With the new technique they use, it stops the system from trying to install drivers kept in the driver store :)