LaptopVideo2Go Forums

260.63 Progress Report - All Projects

Nautis1100

Since the beta of 260.63 was released I am working on updating many of the projects I have to it.

Hybrid Graphics Master Set - Working on this now. I am going to be adding as many of the Hybrid Graphics Notebooks containing Intel 4500M Graphics to it as possible. This package will hopefully not has as many issues as the last one. Nvidia has once again changed up some settings for Hybrid Graphics but all in all they make a little more sense now.

Missing Optimus Hardware IDs - I am having to adjust almost all of the edits for the INFs for 260.63 as Nvidia has changed the Section##'s. I have more missing Optimus Hardware IDs to add.

Universal Optimus/Optimus Retrofit - I am going to be posting either an INF or a full driver package that should work for all existing Optimus notebooks and Optimus capable systems such as the "Optimus on Hybrid Graphics" and "DIY ViDock".

Toshiba Qosmio - Triple Hybrid SLI - I will be creating an updated INF for 260.63. Based on some reports coming from users with notebooks with 8### series GPUs these may not work.

-

As this is just a hobby of mine I do not have an ETA on when each of these things will be finished. I have already started work on the Hybrid Graphics and Optimus projects.

Nautis as I said before I would like to help with updating these inf files for our qosmio. I am currently looking over google and found some starting points to try and get it to work. What i found is to get the hardware ID from my computer for the video cards and then add that line to the INF file and then at the bottom of the INF file add the string to say that the id equals the corresponding video card. Does that sound about right?

Nautis as I said before I would like to help with updating these inf files for our qosmio. I am currently looking over google and found some starting points to try and get it to work. What i found is to get the hardware ID from my computer for the video cards and then add that line to the INF file and then at the bottom of the INF file add the string to say that the id equals the corresponding video card. Does that sound about right?

More or less. But what needs to be done with the Qosmio goes a bit further. What you need to do is sort of combine settings from the last working driver set with the new INF. The new installer sort of complicates things a bit more since it is so picky. With the new installer the INF must match an existing one that already came with the installer.

Time permitting I will try to write up a Modding 101 guide for the Qosmio. Not sure when I will be able to get to it though. Probably after I finish my Hybrid Graphics and Optimus driver set(s).

HI, am a big fan of this forum.........n Nautis. :)

I had been trying out the modded Optimus drivers lately, and added my own device ids in the inf file as instructed..

I found that optimus , the swicthing and the power saving works..but the overlay is still there(the one that says "Optimus Demonstration Nvidia Confidential..."). I want to know is there still no solution to this overlay problem..??

I personally found that NvCPL.dll has a Overlayapp entry in it..... and i was wondering what actually makes the overlay? the d3d wrapper or the nvCpl???

and whether it can be eddited in any hex editor of that sort................

-----------------Thanx in advance, looking forward for a response.

My machine specs:

Acer 5745G

Hybrid Graphics(intel HD + Nvidia GT 330M 1gb)

Core i5

4gb ddr3, 500gb hdd

Win 7 Home premium 64 bit.

I modded the inf file for the new 260.63 beta drivers from the NVIDIA Site. Follow the instructions below and it should work. I installed these on the x305-q706.

1. Download drivers from the Nvidia site under beta and archived files.

2. run the executable file and let it extract the files to the default location which should be c:\nvidia folder or whatever your root drive is.

3. Copy the modded inf file into the following location and overwrite the existing one. c:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\260.63\vista 64-bit\international\displaydriver. Granted you have a 64 bit system. If you have a 32 bit system then it will most likely be vista 32 bit folder.

4. run the setup.exe from the c:\nvidia\displaydriver\260.63\vista 64-bit\international.

5. Once the installer starts it will inspect your system to see if you have the hardware. I selected the custom installer and deselected 3dvision because I do not have that equipped. after that it should all install fine.

6. Once the installation is complete it did not prompt me to restart, but it did not see my 2nd gts card until I rebooted.

Again this is the first INF file I have modded and I got it to work. I do not know if all these model laptops have different hardware ids or not. If it does not work for you please post your hardware ids in here and I will add them to the INF file and repost it here as and updated INF. I ran the computer assessment in windows 7 64 and the 3d gaming increase from 6.7 to 6.9. Use this at your own risk I am not responsible if it messes up your laptop.nvam.inf

I modded the inf file for the new 260.63 beta drivers from the NVIDIA Site. Follow the instructions below and it should work. I installed these on the x305-q706.

2. run the executable file and let it extract the files to the default location which should be c:\nvidia folder or whatever your root drive is.

3. Copy the modded inf file into the following location and overwrite the existing one. c:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\260.63\vista 64-bit\international\displaydriver. Granted you have a 64 bit system. If you have a 32 bit system then it will most likely be vista 32 bit folder.

4. run the setup.exe from the c:\nvidia\displaydriver\260.63\vista 64-bit\international.

5. Once the installer starts it will inspect your system to see if you have the hardware. I selected the custom installer and deselected 3dvision because I do not have that equipped. after that it should all install fine.

6. Once the installation is complete it did not prompt me to restart, but it did not see my 2nd gts card until I rebooted.

Again this is the first INF file I have modded and I got it to work. I do not know if all these model laptops have different hardware ids or not. If it does not work for you please post your hardware ids in here and I will add them to the INF file and repost it here as and updated INF. I ran the computer assessment in windows 7 64 and the 3d gaming increase from 6.7 to 6.9. Use this at your own risk I am not responsible if it messes up your laptop.nvam.inf

Hi, can you add mine?

Device Node Strong Name:

oem29.inf:NVIDIA_SetA_Devices.NTx86.6.1:Section002:8.17.11.9716:pci\ven_10de&dev_0407&subsys_002514c0

Hardware Ids:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0407&SUBSYS_002514C0&REV_A1

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0407&SUBSYS_002514C0

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0407&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0407&CC_0300

Compatible Ids:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0407&REV_A1

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0407

PCI\VEN_10DE&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_10DE&CC_0300

PCI\VEN_10DE

PCI\CC_030000

PCI\CC_0300

Thanks.

What type of video card do you have? I need the type and model

Hi! What information do you need to add my laptop and video card? I'm using a Sager 7280 with a GTX 480M

Victor

THANKS!!!!!!

can u add mine? if u still willing to help~

9600mGT + 4500m

benq s42

• 4 weeks later...

hi

i've modified the nvram.inf to add my video card id (hp dm3 HD4500 + G105M ) and the installation works fine

but now there isn't any switch between video card, only nvidia card is used even if intel one is installed correctly

Guest Keshiji

Can someone help me with the Vostro 3700 thing? I'd like to use some more updated drivers instead the old ones I have :)

What kind of info I should provide?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...