My lappy

Toshiba Satellite P200-156

Core 2 Duo T7200 /

2 GHz Centrino Duo

RAM 2 GB

HDD 250 GB

GeForce Go 7600 TurboCache

Windows 7 Ultimate

I currently have the stock driver - 179.76 (as recommended by the Toshiba website for windows 7). I have also seen a few other posts about the 7600 with people looking for answers in regards to what driver really gets the most performance out of this aged gpu.

I have heard that the 177.92 drivers are probably the best for gaming when using the 7600go. Anyone have any opinions on this.

In my case I have just started gaming again and am back on the hunt for the best driver to play cod4 and grid. The usual advice is to try as many drivers as possible to see which one works best. However, I have been there and done that and it takes a bloody long time. If anyone has had a good experience with a certain driver and the 7600 please feel free to send over your opinion. In the mean time its back to the 177.92

Cheers

Guest guest999

My lappy

Toshiba Satellite P200-156

Core 2 Duo T7200 /

2 GHz Centrino Duo

RAM 2 GB

HDD 250 GB

GeForce Go 7600 TurboCache

Windows 7 Ultimate

I currently have the stock driver - 179.76 (as recommended by the Toshiba website for windows 7). I have also seen a few other posts about the 7600 with people looking for answers in regards to what driver really gets the most performance out of this aged gpu.

I have heard that the 177.92 drivers are probably the best for gaming when using the 7600go. Anyone have any opinions on this.

In my case I have just started gaming again and am back on the hunt for the best driver to play cod4 and grid. The usual advice is to try as many drivers as possible to see which one works best. However, I have been there and done that and it takes a bloody long time. If anyone has had a good experience with a certain driver and the 7600 please feel free to send over your opinion. In the mean time its back to the 177.92

Cheers

I suggest you try to overclock your 7600 if your machine is running cool. I installed dox's 195.xx for Go 7600 (vaio FE). Then I decided to overclock it using nVidia System Tools or MSI Afterburner to 600/380. Running fine till today, with visible fps improvement in L4D2 medium settings for example (up to 15fps increase).

Have not run 3DMark06 with this but I guess it's Sony fault at the beginning set the clock at 350/350 while it should be 450/400 for Go 7600. The 7600 in vaio FE cannot go above 380mhz in memory clock otherwise it will present artifacts. Probably because it's using the cheaper DDR video ram module.