LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Direct3D and BootCamp issue

AOS-

Hi, I've been struggling with this issue for the past few days and it's been driving me nuts. I skimmed through the FAQs, tried a few things suggested, nothing is working out. I believe the issue is mainly revolving around the fact that I'm on a Macbook (10.6.4) using bootcamp.

Here are the specs for both my computer and the specs to run the game.

Model: Macbook 7,1

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo p8600 @ 2.4 GHz

RAM: 4 gb

HDD: 70.6 gb free

Video Card: DirectX 11, NVidia GeForce 320M

Minimum

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.0GHz or higher

RAM: 1 GB or higher

HDD: 10 GB of free space or more

Video Card: DirectX 9.0c/Shader3.0 or higher compatible, NVIDIA GeForce 6600 series, ATI Radeon X1600 or higher or higher, VRAM :256MB or higher

Sound: DirectSound compatible, DirectX 9.0c (or higher) compatible

Maximum

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz or higher

RAM: 2 GB or higher

HDD: 10 GB of free space or more

Video Card: DirectX 9.0c/Shader3.0 or higher compatible, NVIDIA GeForce 8600 series or higher, ATI Radeon X 1900 or higher, VRAM :512MB or higher.

Sound: DirectSound compatible, DirectX 9.0c (or higher) compatible

I've asked another person before and they referred me to this place. I tried that Have-Disk method, but I'm not sure if I just downloaded the wrong driver as I don't even know which driver to download from the site, but when I get to the "Click on Have Disk, select that modded inf that you placed in the extracted folder". I selected it, but when it showed me a list of compatible hardware, it jsut gave me my stock driver, the 320m. I know that the inf i selected couldn't have been the 320m as I remember I downloaded a Quadro driver, and not some GeForce... I tried this with the 258.96, and the 260.52..

Before i tried all this, when i ran Street Fighter it gave me the Failed to create Direct3D device... I didn't quite understand why it was happening because I know my computer has the specs and all.. Could someone shed some light on this? I'll get back as soon as i can, I got work now. Thanks.

Compatible hardware means just your card, so it shows nothing else that is included. Depends on the inf what's included and the modified infs have about every hardware included - even "desktop" and "quadro" drivers support every card with the modified inf.