LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v260.63 Windows 7/Vista 64bit | NVIDIA Desktop and OEM mobile

mobilenvidia

Here's what has been posted;

I figured out how to get the installer to run on every install. open the setup.cfg file and remove the 10th line from it. save and run setup after using modded inf. Also, I don't know what files that are so important to stop the installer from working but that will let it install for you.

So this way the install won't exit right away.

Worked fine for me and others.

Hope it works for you guys who just read this!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chad

• besweeet

• Korn1699

• BP13

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry, by the double.

You could raise the modified archives for which we are a little clumsy?

setup.cfg and modded inf

Since personally it continues giving the mentioned error to me above.

Thank you very much!

Guest cooz_man

Hi people:)

I have Acer Aspire 5520G with Nvidia GeForce 9600M GT (series 8600M GS but i replace it)

When I install drivers from your site i have error 0x00000116 after robooting system. This is very annoying because none of it don't work :)

Have you got any solution ??

Hi people! I have sony vaio aw with nvidia gforce 9600m gt. And i can not install this s***. Every time I receive an error: This graphics driver is not found hardware. Can you help please? :)

I finally found some time to install these drivers via Setup. I already have the display driver installed via Device Manager.

So, if you've gotten the below error (required files missing bla bla), like I have, someone mentioned a simple fix. Removing line 10 from Setup.cfg fixes this issue:

captureovv.png

The line you have to remove is:

<reject tests="FILES" level="critical" text="${{ErrorMissingPackageFiles}}"/>

But I get the following error after I choose what I want to install:

captureag.png

Any ideas?

UPDATE 3: Actually, it turns out that the official beta release straight from Nvidia installed just fine :).

Edited by besweeet

Guest Solist

I have 460M in a Sager NP8690, but I cannot for the life of me find an nVidia driver that will work with this version. Even the latest beta drivers on nVidia's site only support the 480M for the 400 series.

Any clue how to get this driver working with the new 460M cards?

See attached. I have 9600M GT and I get this error when I click setup in Windows 7 64 bit.

post-14638-082584400 1285947191_thumb.pn

Now I get this error when I try installing using official Nvidian beta download

post-14638-052275700 1285947948_thumb.pn

@Chad: Regarding the files not found thing, please read some of the other threads.

Regarding the official Nvidia installer, make sure that at least the Microsoft drivers for your video card are installed, or else it won't detect your card. Or you can try transferring the modified .inf* files to the official Nvidia setup and see if it works.

What modified inf? Its not attached

Also windows 7 update is not showing any nvidia install options either

What modified inf? Its not attached

The inf files should cone inside of the executable archive at the beginning of the post.

You can also try installing the driver via the "Have Disk" method and then try installing it through Nvidia's setup program.

How am I supposed to know which inf file to use? How should I know which dev and subsys is compatible with my card?

9600M GT on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

I do not see any inf attached to the post, is it actually available anywhere???

Thanks

i recently bought Acer 5745G with Nvidia GeForce GT 330M.

I am unable to upgrade to the latest drivers, currebtly i have 188.xx installed.

what shall i do??? the latest drivers from Nvidia are unable to detect my Graphics card...

Windows 7 Home Premium x64

Edited by techmaniack

When I install these on my Inspiron 1520 (8600 GT), I get a black screen at startup. When I removed them from safe mode, I was able to get back in, but after I installed the drivers that I had before, my profile stopped working. I reinstalled Windows 7 x64 Pro, and installed this driver. It had the same black screen issue. I reinstalled again and just went back to the 258.96 drivers that I was using before.

It is just annoying because that is my only one of three computers that doesn't crash during launching Gothic II, BUT it locks up when I leave the tower in the beginning..it would nice to be able to use the fixed driver on there..

i recently bought Acer 5745G with Nvidia GeForce GT 330M.

I am unable to upgrade to the latest drivers, currebtly i have 188.xx installed.

what shall i do??? the latest drivers from Nvidia are unable to detect my Graphics card...

Windows 7 Home Premium x64

Try searching for the 259.22 Optimus drivers for Acer/Gateway computers. Your model should be supported.

Help? I have the Asus UL80JT with Nvidia Optimus. It has dual cards, one is Intel, and the other is Nvidia Geforce 310. I cant use Nvidia drivers, they lock up my laptop. I have to use the drivers from Asus which are older. Is there anything I can do? Wills these drivers work?

Guest Lord Yuz

There's no point in persistently posting "updated" drivers here when they're all already officially available for download at NVIDIA. Releasing modified setups that won't work or won't support unintended cards just adds confusion to the mix and we're back at square one.

The modified INFs are what we're all here for, so please provide a solution if you can. Thank you.

hey guys im pretty new with messing around with drivers.. but i have a fx 570m on my lenovo t61p... could someone please make me a modded driver? PLEASE! the ones from nvidia suck!! i can't even play need for speed shift without it lagging.

email me it if someone does (unkoistheking@gmail[dot]com) (for spammers)

Use the drivers in the 259 forceware or earlier for modded inf's. For some reason there is no modded drivers for the 260 series. Also maybe you lag on need for speed shift because your GPU is not powerfull enough.

Guest cristi M

I have a MSI GX600'08 laptop with 8600M GT 512 video card

i have shared system memory of 1279 mb from my total 3 gb ram

my question is how can i free those 1279 mb ram to use the full 3 gb for my system

i have no option for this in bios

best regards

When I install these on my Inspiron 1520 (8600 GT), I get a black screen at startup. When I removed them from safe mode, I was able to get back in, but after I installed the drivers that I had before, my profile stopped working. I reinstalled Windows 7 x64 Pro, and installed this driver. It had the same black screen issue. I reinstalled again and just went back to the 258.96 drivers that I was using before.

It is just annoying because that is my only one of three computers that doesn't crash during launching Gothic II, BUT it locks up when I leave the tower in the beginning..it would nice to be able to use the fixed driver on there..

Mez getting the same issue as above... tried evrythin... removi, reinstallin, nothin works... any solution yet???....