LaptopVideo2Go Forums

NVIDIA Tesla 260.81 WHQL Released

justinkw1

First NVIDIA graphics driver released in the 260 branch to be WHQL certified, only for Tesla products at the moment. A modded INF is required for GeForce/Quadro/ION. Also includes HD Audio driver v1.1.9.0 and 3DVision v260.81.

US Download Links:

Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows 7 x86 (32-bit)

Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows 7 x64 (64-bit)

Release Notes

Edited by justinkw1

Guest Fishsticks910

The release notes mention something called TCC which somehow uses non Nvidia integrated graphics for non-2d/3d operations (I think it says it will use them for directcompute instead). That'd be awesome because my nvidia 8400m gs graphics card is terrible and can use all the help it can get. It's sad but that's the same with my t5550 processor.

Guest Fishsticks910

The release notes mention something called TCC which somehow uses non Nvidia integrated graphics for non-2d/3d operations (I think it says it will use them for directcompute instead). That'd be awesome because my nvidia 8400m gs graphics card is terrible and can use all the help it can get. It's sad but that's the same with my t5550 processor.

I just realized that they're referring to tesla cards. I hope the TCC thing will eventually make it to the Geforce 8 Series.

This driver breaks PhysX on all the cards I have tested (256mb 8600mGT, 384mb 9600GSO, and 1gb 9500GT)

This driver breaks PhysX on all the cards I have tested (256mb 8600mGT, 384mb 9600GSO, and 1gb 9500GT)

Guess it's not worth using if PhysX is broken.

Guess it's not worth using if PhysX is broken.

I was actually wrong. For some reason, it defaulted to CPU PhysX in the Nvidia control panel. Switching it to Auto-select or GPU makes PhysX work.

I was actually wrong. For some reason, it defaulted to CPU PhysX in the Nvidia control panel. Switching it to Auto-select or GPU makes PhysX work.

The performance was bad for me on this driver, there were random pauses in-game, which means back to 260.78 for me.

The performance was bad for me on this driver, there were random pauses in-game, which means back to 260.78 for me.

Strange... I have the same laptop as you but I haven't experienced any such problems. What games are you playing?

Interesting as I installed these via 'Safe Mode' after uninstalling v260.78 Quadro (Beta), and overall system seems more responsive and definitely shuts down quicker...lol

Surfing with FF 4.0b6 and IE9----> (Adobe Flash Player Square release 2)---->Hardware acceleration on both browsers definitely seems smoother....more responsive, possibly the 'placebo effect'....lol

I still get massive scrolling slowdowns on pages with Flash in Firefox 4.0b6.

Strange... I have the same laptop as you but I haven't experienced any such problems. What games are you playing?

I play Crysis, Burnout Paradise, BF2142,MW. Also PhysX didn't work for me at all, even after making changes, it's not even in the DL package.

I still get massive scrolling slowdowns on pages with Flash in Firefox 4.0b6.

Hi Michael,

Yes indeed confirmed and 'tons of related posts' @mozillaZine Forums, as I presently have Flash Player 10.1.85.3 installed for FF4.0b6, and although I do not have a total freeze just going to:

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

It is still an issue that FF Dev are trying to sort out...FF4.0b7 is taking much longer then originally anticipated, with major blockers...Oh well Beta Browser Development...

Back on topic soooo happy to have found this great, resourceful site (even though I have a ancient GPU), man is it fun to be able to install... properly new drivers...moral victory for moi...lol