LaptopVideo2Go Forums

How to locate the latest driver for an 8600M GT?

jordan12

There is so much info here..But I am not sure how to go about locating the latest driver available for my 8600M GT laptop video card.

It is an older card, but I would assume there is something newer than the 2007 driver I use now.

Any tips that I can use to find the latest driver?

There is so much info here..But I am not sure how to go about locating the latest driver available for my 8600M GT laptop video card.

It is an older card, but I would assume there is something newer than the 2007 driver I use now.

Any tips that I can use to find the latest driver?

You can use 260.78 or 260.81

Check the news section for the posts from Micheal Marley. The 260 series have good temps IMO.

I have the 8600M GT too and I tried the 260.81 driver and although it installs fine with the "have disk" method and a little .inf modding by me (there isn't one here....) I can't open the NVIDIA Control Panel and I get an error message saying "Version mismatch,reinstalling drivers may solve the problem etc.." Does this have something to do with the .inf allowing only the display driver to install and doesn't update the control panel as well???

So Night Wing how did you get it to work?

thanks in advance

I haven't tried 260.78 yet but as soon as I do I will post again.

Never mind I managed to install it...

Thank god I noticed the post from gahbmwm5 in the driver's thread....

PES 2011 appears to run more smoothly with this version and the crashes seem to have dissapearead at first glance....

Never mind I managed to install it...

Thank god I noticed the post from gahbmwm5 in the driver's thread....

PES 2011 appears to run more smoothly with this version and the crashes seem to have dissapearead at first glance....

The .inf was made by Micheal Marley, it's in the .78 thread, but works on .81 too. Sorry, should have been more clear.

I have the 8600M GT too and I tried the 260.81 driver and although it installs fine with the "have disk" method and a little .inf modding by me (there isn't one here....) I can't open the NVIDIA Control Panel and I get an error message saying "Version mismatch,reinstalling drivers may solve the problem etc.."

This is because you installed with the Have Disk method. For some reason, with the 260.xx drivers the control panel will install only if you use the Nvidia installer.

This is because you installed with the Have Disk method. For some reason, with the 260.xx drivers the control panel will install only if you use the Nvidia installer.

What INF do I use for the 8600m GT with the .81 driver?

thanks