LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Verde Notebook 260.89 WHQL released

Brain86

I just want to inform you that the Verde Notebook driver 260.89 was released.

Can be found on Nvidia.com

greetz

Edited by Brain86

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zipper

• Dox

• skaarj

• Brain86

Top Posters In This Topic

And I'm sorry that I downloaded and tried it. Waste of time for me.

These drivers don't install for the GTX 460m. People(including me) are getting "the graphic driver could not find compatible graphics hardware" following the system check.

We will definitely need a modified .inf, eventhough this is the 1st nvidia driver that officially supports the GTX 460m.

Edited by tnad

You are wrong. 460M is supported in nvam.inf and nvmi.inf.

You are wrong. 460M is supported in nvam.inf and nvmi.inf.

You misread. I'm saying it's not working eventhough it says it's supported.

Guest DanteMC

installed fine on 420m gt however on driver page there is a note that hybrid graphics are not supported. i'm a bit confused already with these drivers still performance issues exists.

You misread. I'm saying it's not working eventhough it says it's supported.

I'm not so sure - I had to install three times until I got it to work; something really doesn't work as planned.

Have you tried via device manager?

Clean uninstall, trying to install this one:

2vjy3qq.jpg

manual:

2wcr3tf.jpg

etcetc

That seems like your card subsys is not in the infs so support for it is missing. Check if there is a nvgm/nvgw/nvga.inf in the driver with your card ID+subsys in the inf.

What I've got so far from other people is that the vendor id of the GTX460m of the ASUS G73JW is not in the nvam.inf. Sager laptops with the GTX460m are having the same problem.

Edited by tnad

ipodman

These installed fine on my p7805u with close to or the same specs as your system. I had the last beta notebook drivers from nvidia's site and just upgraded.

for me everything works fine. Installed without problems on my Asus G60vx (GTX 260m).

Performance seems also pretty good:

Css( max details, 2xAA, 1366x768):213fps ( 258.47, GPU oced to 575, 975, 1425) <--> 217 (260.89, no GPU oc)

3dMarkscore is the same as before.

EDIT: Farcry 2 fps also increased about 3fps. 39fps (258,47 vs 42 (260,89)

Edited by Brain86

This driver is horrible.

Read: Horrible!

I got 2 crash dumps from this lousy software within 2 days of installing hence I reverted to the CUDA RC Developer Drivers.

Seriously do they actually check WHQL software? Used to think they actually did certify it but well this is just FAIL...

just goes to show how much effort it takes to support so many laptops and its infinited different variations and configurations.. mistakes are bound to happen!

Even Nvidia with all their resources.... i look back at my own effort and cringe at the amount of time i invested in tweaking them :o

I tried to install these Verde drivers on my Qosmio x300. They did install, but when I reset they weren't actually installed. Anyone knows a fix to this?

I had to install three times until it worked - but pretty bad performance for my GTX 260M.

Did u a clean uninstall ?

Performance is pretty good for me...and i have nearly the same specs.

Tested the last two days...no bluescreens, no errors but good performance.

And they installed perfectly @ first try.

EDIT: i dont installed the 3dVision driver.

greetz

Edited by Brain86

GF 9600M GT (HP Pavilion).

Installed fine, no problems or crashes by far. The only problem I've noticed is that overclocking settings (nVidia Performance) disappeared from nV Control Panel. nvProfile still works though, so no harm :)

This driver is horrible.

Read: Horrible!

I got 2 crash dumps from this lousy software within 2 days of installing hence I reverted to the CUDA RC Developer Drivers.

Seriously do they actually check WHQL software? Used to think they actually did certify it but well this is just FAIL...

I second this.

Quadro FX 3800M, clean install, Windows 7 x64. Had a hard system lock-up within several hours of casual use. Reverted to 258.96.

Edited by hazart

This driver has problems with CoreAVC and DXVA. HD video is laggy. I'd suggest to stay away from these drivers. I had to revert back to 258.96.

I see I'm not the only one having Windows Blue Screens. First time in the 2+ years I've had my laptop that I've gotten Blue Screen.

Installed 260.89 yesterday and system has crashed once yesterday and once today under heavy usage.

The previous WHQL that I had installed, the display would crash but would recover after a minute or two.

Not sure if I should stay on this version or go back.

For those users like me who experience hang ups and BSODs, I recommend downloading both 260.61 Nvidia CUDA RC 3.2 Developer Drivers and 260.81 Verde Driver

Extract both drivers but do not install them.

Copy the Nvidia HD Audio Driver folder in the extracted 260.81 Driver then copy and paste it into the corresponding location in the 260.61 Driver.

After that run the installer in 260.61 Driver.

Reason being the Developer Driver doesn't include HD Audio Driver. As the saying goes don't throw away the baby with the bathwater you can extract the HD Audio Driver to get a full Nvidia Driver Installation.

The Developer Drivers are stable compared to Verde Driver however it is autographed by Nvidia not Microsoft. :)

Guest WestsideWarrior

Driver doesn't install on GeForce GT 130M.

And so far, I think Forceware 2xx.xx drivers are somewhat flawed. I was previously on 258.96 and my system crash almost every once a week, sometimes once in every couple days. (No BSOD, simply solid-colored screen and a hard freeze. Long stuttering sound.)

Now I'm back to 197.16, probably the most stable release that I've used so far.