LaptopVideo2Go Forums

The best IDT modded drivers for Dell Inspiron 1520 for Win 7/Vista

Emo

the best audio IDT for Sigmatel hardware - HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_76A0&SUBSYS_102801F1&REV_1002

so:

Download --Sigmatel / IDT Modded Drivers ( Latest Sigmatel / IDT Modded Drivers for Win 7 and Vista http://forums.laptop...in-7-and-vista/) Version 6.10.6263.0 Extract the modded driver

Download Attached File(s)and paste in drivers folder------WDM overwriting any existing files and Run Setup.exe

WRT.rar

Edited by Emo

• 2 months later...
Guest jordoex

the best audio IDT for Sigmatel hardware - HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_76A0&SUBSYS_102801F1&REV_1002

so:

Download --Sigmatel / IDT Modded Drivers ( Latest Sigmatel / IDT Modded Drivers for Win 7 and Vista http://forums.laptop...in-7-and-vista/) Version 6.10.6263.0 Extract the modded driver

Download Attached File(s)and paste in drivers folder------WDM overwriting any existing files and Run Setup.exe

Yeah, they don't work for me. I've been trying like hell to get sigmatel drivers to work on my laptop but I've always had to revert to the microsoft drivers since once I play any sound, the sound service dies without warning. Exact same device string, inspiron 1520 (with nvidia graphics, different mainboard), win7 professional x64.

Mainly, plugging in a mic doesn't work, the microsoft drivers only do line in.

• 2 months later...

Yeah, they don't work for me. I've been trying like hell to get sigmatel drivers to work on my laptop but I've always had to revert to the microsoft drivers since once I play any sound, the sound service dies without warning. Exact same device string, inspiron 1520 (with nvidia graphics, different mainboard), win7 professional x64.

Mainly, plugging in a mic doesn't work, the microsoft drivers only do line in.

Sorry for jumping on this thread after a year or so, but it is an ongoing issue for me since I upgraded my good old Dell Inspiron 9400

to 4GB (3GB) and Windows 7 x64 (though it is not supported by Dell).

I joined this forum since I found some modded drivers for IDT-hardware (formerly Sigmatel) and I have been unsuccessfully been trying all sorts of suggested solutions. The last thing I tried was the modded driver Version 6.10.6263.0 which I found on this site (although the above link is incorrect). I found them here.

I followed the instructions (replacing WRT.INI in the WDM/Vista - there is no Win7 dir), but when I start setup.exe it fails in the middle of the install with an error, saying

_ExitError: Error=Fehler bei der Installation: Aufruf von GetDeviceRegistryProperty. [OK]

and that's it.

Any clues?

--

Christoph

Edited by Krischu

Sorry for jumping on this thread after a year or so, but it is an ongoing issue for me since I upgraded my good old Dell Inspiron 9400

to 4GB (3GB) and Windows 7 x64 (though it is not supported by Dell).

I joined this forum since I found some modded drivers for IDT-hardware (formerly Sigmatel) and I have been unsuccessfully been trying all sorts of suggested solutions. The last thing I tried was the modded driver Version 6.10.6263.0 which I found on this site (although the above link is incorrect). I found them here.

I followed the instructions (replacing WRT.INI in the WDM/Vista - there is no Win7 dir), but when I start setup.exe it fails in the middle of the install with an error, saying

_ExitError: Error=Fehler bei der Installation: Aufruf von GetDeviceRegistryProperty. [OK]

and that's it.

Any clues?

--

Christoph

To answer my own question: I found what it was: Some residues of the Sigmatel driver mus have been there. I had to reboot

first. After that I could install the driver.

But: no sound device seemed to be there. The installation ran through but after rebooting there was no sound device.

--

Christoph