LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Nvida 8600M GS Problem after install driver

bua882002

Hi everyone, I having a BenQ Joybook S41 laptop which has a 8600M GS graphics card (this GPU is the one in the list of bug GPU of NVIDIA). I have used this notebook for 2 year, last year it's also got problem. When it's start some unregular dots appear on the screen and after windows loading, the screen look like Matrix Movie's screen I took it to waranty for 1 month and the problem is solved.

Few week ago I installed ubuntu 10.04, it run OK. Then I install Ubuntu 10.10, when GPU Driver is not installed, the screen is only on 800x600, after installed the GPU driver, Ubuntu cannot start. I reinstall Ubuntu 10.04 it run Ok again with GPU driver, but after upgrade kernel, problem again Appear.

I reinstall my whole computer (because virus is also attack my Windows) after that, windows run perfectly without GPU Driver, but after intalled, the screen appear like the Attached picture.

My laptop is out of wanranty and I don't know what should I do to make it run normaly again.

post-44813-089302800 1287812604_thumb.jp

Your GPU is dead. You can do a reflow if you can if can't let a professional do it for you.

Your GPU is dead. You can do a reflow if you can if can't let a professional do it for you.

Thanks, do you know any website show how to do it, I want to try.

Thanks, do you know any website show how to do it, I want to try.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1531323. here you go. This link is for the HP DV2000 but its the same idea and the same steps. you can find manuals trough Google if you need instructions on how to dissassemble your laptop.

Thanks, after reflow my grapics card works fine. Thank you very much