LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Toshiba Qosmio Game List

DemonikPanther

I have the Toshiba Qosmio x305-Q706 with the newest drivers from Toshiba. These are the games that I play currently and the settings I use to play them smoothly without crashing. I do adjust my resolution to 1680x1050. From what I have found is that most games that have a lot of adjustments that can be made to video settings IE SC2 requires to it to be ran in windowed mode. Judgement has adjusted the INF in the new drivers from nvidia and got them installed on his Qosmio and has confirmed that it fixes those issues with SC2 and can be run in fullscreen. I have notified Nvidia Tech support about the problem with their drivers not recognizing our cards and they said they will get if fixed in their future releases whenever that may be. They have released the new drivers 260.99 so they may have got them fixed. I want to keep this list going so if you have played other games and have got them to run successfully please post the game and what settings and I will update the list. I hope this helps everyone.

H.A.W.X.- Have to run in windowed mode. Each time I launch the game I have to toggle the vsync option.

StarCraft2- Thanks to judgement on this as he is the one that figured this out.

Sc2 plays in full screen if u run it on one of the 2 9800m gts. The way to disable sli in sc2 you have to go to nvidia control panel then manage 3d settings. Then press the add button. For 64 bit windows go to C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II\Versions\Base16755 ans select scII.exe for x86 go to C:\Program Files\StarCraft II\Versions\Base16755 and choose scII.exe Then go down to the settings find sli rendering and select single gpu. That does the trick. Under 1680x1050 res I can play it with 30-40fps in ultra. But it can drop up to 19fps with zergs all over the screen.

Singualrity- Runs fine with no adjustment.

Transformers WFC- Runs fine with no adjustment.

CRYSIS Warhead- I ran in windowed mode for a while and it ran kind slow, but didn't crash switch to fullscreen and it ran fine without crashing, but again ran slow lowered the setting from gamer to mainstream and helped a little bit.

Darksiders- Runs fine without crashing.

Lara croft and the Guardian of Light- Runs fine without crashing.

CIV 5- Runs fine on max setting without crashing.

Plants Vs Zombies:) runs fine without crashing.

Lost Planet Colonies- runs fine without crashing.

Dead Rising 2- Runs fine without crashing.

Assassin's Creed- runs fine without crashing.

Final Fantasy VII- runs fine without crashing.

27 OCT 10 Installed windows vista x64 games here down are on that OS

Medal Of Honor- Runs fine at 1680 x 1050

Edited by DemonikPanther

I have the Toshiba Qosmio x305-Q706 with the newest drivers from Toshiba. These are the games that I play currently and the settings I use to play them smoothly without crashing. I do adjust my resolution to 1680x1050. From what I have found is that most games that have a lot of adjustments that can be made to video settings IE SC2 requires to it to be ran in windowed mode. Judgement has adjusted the INF in the new drivers from nvidia and got them installed on his Qosmio and has confirmed that it fixes those issues with SC2 and can be run in fullscreen. I have notified Nvidia Tech support about the problem with their drivers not recognizing our cards and they said they will get if fixed in their future releases whenever that may be. They have released the new drivers 260.99 so they may have got them fixed. I want to keep this list going so if you have played other games and have got them to run successfully please post the game and what settings and I will update the list. I hope this helps everyone.

H.A.W.X.- Have to run in windowed mode. Each time I launch the game I have to toggle the vsync option.

StarCraft2- Thanks to judgement on this as he is the one that figured this out. Run windowed mode as well with texture quality on medium.

Singualrity- Runs fine with no adjustment.

Transformers WFC- Runs fine with no adjustment.

CRYSIS Warhead- I ran in windowed mode for a while and it ran kind slow, but didn't crash switch to fullscreen and it ran fine without crashing, but again ran slow lowered the setting from gamer to mainstream and helped a little bit.

Darksiders- Runs fine without crashing.

Lara croft and the Guardian of Light- Runs fine without crashing.

CIV 5- Runs fine on max setting without crashing.

Plants Vs Zombies:) runs fine without crashing.

Lost Planet Colonies- runs fine without crashing.

Dead Rising 2- Runs fine without crashing.

Assassin's Creed- runs fine without crashing.

Final Fantasy VII- runs fine without crashing.

correction. Sc2 plays in full screen if u run it on one of the 2 9800m gts. The way to disable sli in sc2 you have to go to nvidia control panel then manage 3d settings. Then press the add button. For 64 bit windows go to C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II\Versions\Base16755 ans select scII.exe for x86 go to C:\Program Files\StarCraft II\Versions\Base16755 and choose scII.exe Then go down to the settings find sli rendering and select single gpu. That does the trick. Under 1680x1050 res I can play it with 30-40fps in ultra. But it can drop up to 19fps with zergs all over the screen. :)

correction. Sc2 plays in full screen if u run it on one of the 2 9800m gts. The way to disable sli in sc2 you have to go to nvidia control panel then manage 3d settings. Then press the add button. For 64 bit windows go to C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II\Versions\Base16755 ans select scII.exe for x86 go to C:\Program Files\StarCraft II\Versions\Base16755 and choose scII.exe Then go down to the settings find sli rendering and select single gpu. That does the trick. Under 1680x1050 res I can play it with 30-40fps in ultra. But it can drop up to 19fps with zergs all over the screen. :)

Updated thanks judgment. I wasn't for sure how you made it all work.

Updated thanks judgment. I wasn't for sure how you made it all work.

np. I still use it in the sli mode since it gives me more fps. The only thing I do is keep it under windowed full screen so I get quite good fps in sli and no black lines. Playing it on single gpu make u need to lower ur settings to high for smooth run.