LaptopVideo2Go Forums

INF v4.046

mobilenvidia

This INF has added support for a heap of upcoming GPU's

The most interesting obvious ones are:

NVIDIA_DEV.1080.01 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580"

And for most of the folk that come here :

NVIDIA_DEV.0DEB.01 = "NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M"

Also the reason why I'm building a GTX465 desktop as I still can't find a 400M worthy notebook.

Lets hope that the 500M GPU's tempts me.

I've removed support for nvpciflt, this is a NV chipset driver that caused havoc with Intel Chipsets.

For those with this NV chipset set look for the above in the modded INF and remove the ';'

Working as they should on my machine.

The version of the INF is for Forceware 261.00 Windows 7 / Vista 32 and 64bit only.

It's good to be back :)

Failed miserably; the install process began normally. Then when the resolution usually switches back and forth (about end of GFX driver install) just black screen and one beep, then nothing but drive flickering about 15 mins. Forced reset - my 260M is kicked out from the device list. Restore and another try with same results.

Worked for me but like every other driver in the 260 series my scaling is locked on "Nvidia Scaling With Fixed Aspect Ratio" When I want it to be "Nvidia Scaling" so it stretches to full screen. It can not be changed. The option is actually on "Nvidia Scaling" but clearly when opening a 3D program that is full screen it has a fixed aspect ratio with black bars.

Maybe it's my screen because in the "Adjust desktop size and position" tab in the 260 series it says "cPATH Laptop..." Instead of "Laptop Display" like in previous series.

260 is not for me because the scaling never works properly.

Also I like how it installed the 3D vision driver for me even though my GPU does not support it.

Edited by BP13

Failed miserably; the install process began normally. Then when the resolution usually switches back and forth (about end of GFX driver install) just black screen and one beep, then nothing but drive flickering about 15 mins. Forced reset - my 260M is kicked out from the device list. Restore and another try with same results.

I had this with my 8600M, it was just a black screen and then it completely disappeared from device manager...Then, i had to use sys restore, but that didnt restore the 260.99 driver, . This driver caused one of the Mobile Intel® PM965/GM965/GL960/GS965 Express PCI Express Root Port - 2A01 to become damaged. I have never had this issue with any drivers ever before. I wouldn't touch this driver with a 10Ft pole.

Edit: After taking a look at the driver, it installs files related to a Nv chipset, which my laptop doesnt actually have, so that has to be removed w/ driver sweeper.

Edited by Night Wing

Hi, it didn't worked for me.

Toshiba qosmio x300 here, with 9400m plus 9800 Gt sli.

The installation was fine, but after rebooting no driver was loaded.

Now I can't even try to install, becouse it says: the driver can't find compatible hardware.

Hope it helps for an update inf.

Sorry for my english and thanks for the work.

I can also confirm that the driver fails to install properly without removing any reference to "nvpciflt.sys" on a system (my roommate's laptop) with an Nvidia chipset (8200m G integrated).

Guest WestsideWarrior

Doesn't work on GeForce GT 130M.

My laptop is using an Intel PM45 chipset. Once the driver installation is completed and the PC rebooted, the graphics driver does not load due to a problem with Mobile Intel 4 Series Chipset PCI Express Root Port - 2A41

Here's the problem description.

"Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)"

Then I checked the driver tab and found "nvpciflt.sys". I'm not sure whether this is nVidia Chipset Controller or something to do with Optimus (which certainly the GT 130M does not support.)

Guest Fred vom Jupiter

Didn't work for me too (Geforce 8400 gt, Sony Vaio FZ38m).

@ Max: You need to reinstall your pci-express root port.

After that you need to reboot and windows will install the vga driver...

I got the same problem.

And now I need a new inf version for 260.99...can anybody help me?

Try INF v4.047 fixed that issue (just grab the INF again)

Try INF v4.047 fixed that issue (just grab the INF again)

I'm going to try the INF v4.046 for my 32-bit Vista system, as I see success with this above installing (on 32-bit system), the new updated INF v4.047, now has these lines of code:

[nv_nvpciflt_serviceInstall]

ErrorControl = 0

ServiceBinary = %12%\nvpciflt.sys

ServiceType = 1

StartType = 0

Hopefully, I am interpreting this correctly, as I searched--->Find Next--->npciflt.sys---->within INF v4.046 and did not find...so I should be fine...as mobilevidia makes mention:

'Fixed problem for some with black screen after install, and chipset driver issue.

Forceware 261.00 64bit version only affected.'

Edited by gahbmwm5

I'm going to try the INF v4.046 for my 32-bit Vista system, as I see success with this above installing (on 32-bit system), the new updated INF v4.047, now has these lines of code:

[nv_nvpciflt_serviceInstall]

ErrorControl = 0

ServiceBinary = %12%\nvpciflt.sys

ServiceType = 1

StartType = 0

Hopefully, I am interpreting this correctly, as I searched--->Find Next--->npciflt.sys---->within INF v4.046 and did not find...so I should be fine...as mobilevidia makes mention:

'Fixed problem for some with black screen after install, and chipset driver issue.

Forceware 261.00 64bit version only affected.'

32bit driver does not have any of this, so is immune to the problem.

Only 64bit issue.

32bit driver does not have any of this, so is immune to the problem.

Only 64bit issue.

Hi mobilenvidia,

Just what I thought, thanks for your reply....welcome back..

Sorry if I created any confusion :) here...