LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v262.99 Windows 7/Vista 64bit | NVIDIA Desktop

mobilenvidia

what's up with this driver being bigger than the one on the official site?

what's up with this driver being bigger than the one on the official site?

This is a desktop driver so it has other non-mobile feats on it.

Guest WestsideWarrior

Despite the improve, however, after 2 days of usage (non-continuous) on GeForce GT 130M, the driver caused a system crash. Just like the 25x.xx (excluding 257.21 which appears to be stable, just like 1xx.xx drivers).

I'm going to downgrade as a precaution. Seriously don't know why graphics crash is always happening with newer drivers.

Despite the improve, however, after 2 days of usage (non-continuous) on GeForce GT 130M, the driver caused a system crash. Just like the 25x.xx (excluding 257.21 which appears to be stable, just like 1xx.xx drivers).

I'm going to downgrade as a precaution. Seriously don't know why graphics crash is always happening with newer drivers.

Ive had a similar problem to yours, except it wasnt a crash-while playing starwars unleashed 2 the textures got all messed up and everything was like pitch black. I had to close the game and wait a few minutes to try again.

Guest WestsideWarrior

Ive had a similar problem to yours, except it wasnt a crash-while playing starwars unleashed 2 the textures got all messed up and everything was like pitch black. I had to close the game and wait a few minutes to try again.

Mine's a bit severe, and it happens during idle usage. Only hard reset was an option.

I've did some search here and there and found out that "GeForce GT 130M" does have stability issues with newer drivers (I saw ppl using Acer laptops with this GPU. Mine's, however, is a Lenovo.) and NVIDIA doesn't seem to be doing anything to fix it.

What's your GPU btw, Night Wing?

Mine's a bit severe, and it happens during idle usage. Only hard reset was an option.

I've did some search here and there and found out that "GeForce GT 130M" does have stability issues with newer drivers (I saw ppl using Acer laptops with this GPU. Mine's, however, is a Lenovo.) and NVIDIA doesn't seem to be doing anything to fix it.

What's your GPU btw, Night Wing?

Its a 8600m Gt, ive been considering switching from nvidia to ati, my desktop has a 200 series but I dont use it for gaming. I have all of my games on my laptop.

AMD's driver support isn't as good, and there is no LV2G for AMD.

• 2 weeks later...

This one has worked the best for me in BFBC2 [ Battlefield Bad Company 2 ] <---For Searching purposes. On my 8600-M GT. God knows it's choppy at times but it's playable.

Well it's giving me Display Adaptor Stopped Workign and has Recovered errors a lot, gave me a BSOD a few minutes ago while playing BFBC2 and stutters a lot, also gives me black screens that last 1-3 minutes while in game. All of this while playing BFBC2, haven't played another game with it.

• 2 weeks later...