LaptopVideo2Go Forums

260.x + Series Scaling issues

BP13

Ever since the 260.x and up, the scaling is stuck on the option "Use Nvidia Scaling". The thing is when I open any game it is actually looks like "NVIDIA Scaling with fixed aspect ratio". Me unlike everyone else like my games stretched to full screen rather than having black bars.

One thing I notice is that in the NVIDIA control panel it detects my screen as "cPATH Laptop ..." Instead of saying "Laptop Display" from previous driver versions (259.xx and lower) So is this a screen detection issue? If so how would I go and fix it?

Edited by BP13

Ever since the 260.x and up, the scaling is stuck on the option "Use Nvidia Scaling". The thing is when I open any game it is actually looks like "NVIDIA Scaling with fixed aspect ratio". Me unlike everyone else like my games stretched to full screen rather than having black bars.

One thing I notice is that in the NVIDIA control panel it detects my screen as "cPATH Laptop Display ..." Instead of saying "Laptop Display" from previous driver versions (259.xx and lower) So is this a screen detection issue? If so how would I go and fix it?

The black boxes is in all 26x drivers, but the cpath thing is a little strange...Which driver are you currently using?

The black boxes is in all 26x drivers, but the cpath thing is a little strange...Which driver are you currently using?

I am currently using 259.47. But shouldn't it be possible to disable the black boxes?

Edited by BP13

I am currently using 259.47. But shouldn't it be possible to disable the black boxes?

I doubt it, but it is annoying since sometimes i use lower res for some games.

I doubt it, but it is annoying since sometimes i use lower res for some games.

For me I have to use a lower resolution due to this weak GPU.

I made this same topic on NVIDIA's site and got this reply:

The 260.xx drivers are known to have broken scaling as well as a lot of other bugs. Nothing you can do about it except reverting to previous drivers, or waiting until Nvidia releases new drivers with the bug fixed.

I guess that's believable.

Knowing NVIDIA this issue will never be fixed.

Thank you for your replies Night Wing.