LaptopVideo2Go Forums

TW lag spikes and problems updating drivers

Guest Villefort

Guest Villefort

Hello,

I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to computers, so please forgive me. Recently my clevo laptop's video card (GeForce 9800m GTX) went haywire and the company that sold me my laptop gave me a new video card (same type). However, for some reason, I have not been able to update my driver through NVIDIA with the new video card. I wa only given the error message that my "hardware is incompatible".

I asked my computer retailer about this and they gave me directions to this site and a specific driver. And for some reason, using a modyfied INF-file, I can install drivers. Currently I have an NVIDIA driver called 259.47. I would be happy about this, except for the fact that I am experiencing lag spikes in Napoleon Total War that didnt use to be there.

So I have come to the conclusion that it is the drivers fault, but with this modyfied drivers scenario I have no idea how to update. So I was hoping that someone here could explain this to me or possibly link me a better driver that I should use.

Help is much appreciated.

Keep on trying with different Drivers, it's all a matter of trial and error, one persons good driver is another persons fail driver... you're the only one who can decide which driver is best for your computer.