LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Standard VGA in 1280x800?

Guest caret

Hi all!

I have a Toshiba A100 notebook, with Windows Vista 32 bit and a GeForce Go 7600.

Unfortunately, the graphic card has died, and I can only boot vista with standard VGA driver - vgapnp.sys - (with any NVIDIA driver it crashes at boot time: blue screen saying the graphic device cannot be initiated) ; however, the only resolutions supported by this driver are 800x600 and 1024x768, and my screen is a 1280x800 (wxga)

So, my question: is there a way to make standard VGA driver provided by windows support 1280x800 resolution, maybe replacing the vgapnp.sys file with a new one?

I think it should be feasible, since my ubuntu 8.10 works fine in 1280x800, even without NVIDIA drivers (graphic card is no more recognized neither under vista nor under ubuntu). My aim is to keep using the laptop without graphic card, but at least with a decent resolution.

I have looked for this kind of driver on the web, but without success: everyone supposes one has a working graphic card :)

Thank you in advance for any help!