LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Nvidia 8600M GS on Sony Vaio FZ21Z XP SP3

ThreeSixty360

Hi every1 Im new here As you can see so please. Be Easy with me!

Im having HDMI audio issues with my Sony Vaio FZ21Z. I come across this website via google and im not sure whether im posting in the right place!

1. I use Vista 32 and XP 32 on two diffrent hard drives. When I use vista I dont seem to have any problems except for really really slow boot time's & blank screens. Apart from that, HDMI audio & picture is perfect (Its just recentely been repaired by Sony) i got it sent off & they repaired it for free)

2. With xp on the other hand, Xp has an issue with HDMI audio. I get a really fuzzy sound even if i disable the sound card on board. The sound its making is very similiar sound to loosing signal to a radio station ( this only on my external tv & not on my laptop audio) The really weird thing I noticed is when I change my resolution via the nvidia control panel. The the sound disappears for good but comes back again after I change it to normal. Can someone help me? Ive changed my HDMI cables also & updated the sound card drivers with sigmatel audio codecs for xp. I need your help! I know it has to be a driver related because I cant even install the latest drivers on vista or xp.

Also i come across this on their website:-

Note:

1. Notebooks supporting Hybrid Power technology with Intel chipsets are not supported by this release.

1. Sony has joined the Verde program by supporting the following VAIO notebooks: Sony F Series with NVIDIA GeForce 310M and Sony F Series with NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M. Other Sony VAIO notebooks are not supported at this time (please contact Sony for driver support).

I tried to extract it & add hardware inf files manually (from the latest drivers) but that didnt work either. I know it a driver issue ,im sure of it. This laptop has a brand new motherboard. Im able to do everything with it. Just HDMI Audio in my tv is not working (in xp) :)

Theres got to be a modded version for it to work or something down those lines.

Also i come across this on their website:-

Note:

1. Notebooks supporting Hybrid Power technology with Intel chipsets are not supported by this release.

1. Sony has joined the Verde program by supporting the following VAIO notebooks: Sony F Series with NVIDIA GeForce 310M and Sony F Series with NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M. Other Sony VAIO notebooks are not supported at this time (please contact Sony for driver support).

I tried to extract it & add hardware inf files manually (from the latest drivers) but that didnt work either. I know it a driver issue ,im sure of it. This laptop has a brand new motherboard. Im able to do everything with it. Just HDMI Audio in my tv is not working (in xp) :)

Theres got to be a modded version for it to work or something down those lines.

I have the same problem, finding drivers for my 64bit Sony Vaio VPCF13S, with a NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 425M GPU

I can't find any drivers for it, except the (old) ones on sony's support site!