LaptopVideo2Go Forums

PC Hardware Assisatnce

BP13

My dad got a new laptop so I can have his old desktop. Problem is it has a craptastic Intel graphics processor in it and I need some assistance.

This is a spare video card I have. Now this is an AGP card and this motherboard has no AGP inputs in it:

24pclcg.png

And here's the motherboard. That spare input is a PCI slot, am I correct? Would a PCI video card be able to be placed into there?

hsuotx.png

If a PCI card can fit in there I need to know a low budget card capable of running windows Aero and no more than that.

It would be nice if you can answer all of these questions.

Also on ebay when I search for GPU's all of the ones seem like they would fit in that have the short chunk first then the long one but as seen in the pic it has the long chunk first then the short one. So to me that seems like I would have to put it in backwards or something for it to fit.

• 1 month later...

My dad got a new laptop so I can have his old desktop. Problem is it has a craptastic Intel graphics processor in it and I need some assistance.

This is a spare video card I have. Now this is an AGP card and this motherboard has no AGP inputs in it:

24pclcg.png

And here's the motherboard. That spare input is a PCI slot, am I correct? Would a PCI video card be able to be placed into there?

hsuotx.png

If a PCI card can fit in there I need to know a low budget card capable of running windows Aero and no more than that.

It would be nice if you can answer all of these questions.

Also on ebay when I search for GPU's all of the ones seem like they would fit in that have the short chunk first then the long one but as seen in the pic it has the long chunk first then the short one. So to me that seems like I would have to put it in backwards or something for it to fit.

This looks complicated!!!