LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pi 1536

thomo2710

Hi all,

My original x1400 died in my pi 1536 over the Xmas hols. Just gives me really distorted display and coloured lines.

Borrowed my mates x1800 to test and my laptop worked fine so concluded GPU is at fault.

Trying to find another x1400 that doesnt cost new laptop money was nigh on impossible.

Didnt want to buy an x1800 as reports suggests the laptop and PSU get ridiculously hot

I got my hands on what i believe to be a ATI HD3470 (VG.82M06.002)

I have popped in in but i just get a black screen on laptop and external monitor.

People say i need to flash bios?

I am on latest bios supplied by FSC support site (v1.25) My laptop is at Bios 1.25, KBC 1.18

What do i need to do please to get this card to work in my laptop?

Thankyou

Edited by thomo2710

with what BIOS did the card come? this notebook needs a Acer , ATI or FSC VBIOS. Also did you do the heatsink mod ?

not sure what bios it came from.

It came from either an Acer 5920g or 6920g laptop.

No did not do the heatsink mod - would that explain why the laptop shuts off after about 2 mins of black screen with the 3470 in it?

not sure what bios it came from.

It came from either an Acer 5920g or 6920g laptop.

No did not do the heatsink mod - would that explain why the laptop shuts off after about 2 mins of black screen with the 3470 in it?

1: well if thats true then it most likely came with a Acer BIOS.

2: Yes that might explain why its not booting because i read that if the core doesnt make good contact with the heatsink it just doesnt boot up.

''Before assembly, make sure the GPU-Die makes PERFECT contact with the heatsink. If not, use some perfectly flat copper shim(s)

0.6mm - 1mm with thermal paste or grind the heatsink in the required spots to facilitate contact there (the coil in the upper right hand corner of the card might not match the heatsink profile).

Then assemble the card with the thermal paste-copper-thermal paste sandwich (fit the shims into the recess of the heatsink!, do not

put it on the card and then place the heatsink on top of the card!, it might not make a good match!) and place a block of foam rubber on top of the heatsink. Then put the bottom plate back on and tighten in the screws.

The pressure applied through the bottom plate and the foam rubber onto the heatsink is good enough to permanently run the laptop with this setup.

I'm typing this post on the similar Fujitsu Siemens Pi1556 and a Quadro 770M with this construction btw...''

this is from Quipster :)

• 2 weeks later...

Had the same problem. 10 minutes in the oven, 200 degrees and all is working fine for months now..

Hi all,

My original x1400 died in my pi 1536 over the Xmas hols. Just gives me really distorted display and coloured lines.

Borrowed my mates x1800 to test and my laptop worked fine so concluded GPU is at fault.

Trying to find another x1400 that doesnt cost new laptop money was nigh on impossible.

Didnt want to buy an x1800 as reports suggests the laptop and PSU get ridiculously hot

I got my hands on what i believe to be a ATI HD3470 (VG.82M06.002)

I have popped in in but i just get a black screen on laptop and external monitor.

People say i need to flash bios?

I am on latest bios supplied by FSC support site (v1.25) My laptop is at Bios 1.25, KBC 1.18

What do i need to do please to get this card to work in my laptop?

Thankyou