LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Inspiron 1720

majare

Hey you guys,

I've been working without sound on my Dell Inspiron 1720 for a year now and guess what: it still sucks!

I've tried everything I can imagine of but I suppose the reason why it still doesn't work is that Dell simply doesn't support these older laptops with new drivers anymore.The problem first appeared when I upgraded my system to Win 7 Home Premium 32bit. I ran Ubuntu from CD and sound worked just fine so this is definitely a Win7-driver problem. The sad thing is that even external sound cards don't function, everytime I try to play sound with some software an error-message appears saying there's no audio device installed even though the Control Panel says there is and that it functions properly...

Now, kinda by accident, I came across this website where you seem to have managed to fix this sort of problem so I hope there is some way to help me...

I've already tried selphie's instruction for the Inspiron 1520 but it won't work.

So, every piece of advice would be helpful, thanks!