LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v266.58 Windows 7/Vista 64bit | NVIDIA OEM Mobile

mobilenvidia

Guest awfulwaffle

Why i can't lower the lcd brightness??

I've haven't encountered this problem, but I have read that using a different .inf file may fix your problem. Try using the modded .inf vs the original nvidia one.

This driver is approx 3 frames slower than 263.09 when running unigine heaven with GT130m. BTW, Nvidia has 266.58 Verde driver for your lap.

Yeah, I think 263.09 is the best driver for me at the moment. F1 2010 is a lot smoother with 263.09 over any other recent driver I've tried. (Overclocked 8600M GT, similar architecture to 130M, so I guess 263.09 could be better for older style cards!)

Does not open. Says it is not an archive. No extrack option as well. AW-290J 9600M gt. :)

Edited by analog414

A warning to everyone. This driver is BAD NEWS, for any installing it on the same model laptop STAY AWAY. After installing and booting into windows it crashed A LOT, It wouldn't even let me boot my OS 3/4 of the time. Bye Nvidia, my next laptop will be Ati for sure.

Nvididia Geforce 9600m GT on a vaio laptop(Model AW310J/H), tried to this one to fix a recurring crash in the game world of warcraft, caused blue screen of death or restart upon starting windows after install. Had to go back to old drivers via safety mode.

Same issue with my AW-290J. I downloaded the driver from Nvidia's site and then used the modded INF file. It did install fine. But blue screen came up after a restart. Also loaded L4D2 and crashed as well. I went back to 257.41. This version has worked just fine. The old saying goes, "if its not broken, don't try to fix it."

Edited by analog414

Same issue with my AW-290J. I downloaded the driver from Nvidia's site and then used the modded INF file. It did install fine. But blue screen came up after a restart. Also loaded L4D2 and crashed as well. I went back to 257.41. This version has worked just fine. The old saying goes, "if its not broken, don't try to fix it."

The modded INF's on this site cause the BSOD on VAIOs with 9600M GT. You have to mod the drivers yourself, that's what I do now.

Blue Screen on boot with Dual 8700M