LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Dell XPS 420 latest audio driver question

Onox

Hi everyone,

I have a three-year-old Dell XPS 420 that has the SigmaTel STAC9227 audio codec. The driver on Dell's website is not at all up-to-date. The one I am using now is more recent, 6.10.0.5866 from 15.02.2008, which I had found here and that worked better for me (the computer came with Windows Vista but I upgraded to 7 a long time ago already). Is there a better/more recent driver to use ?

I stumbled upon this forum and don't know much about modded drivers. Could I use one of the modded drivers in the pinned thread ? Are these IDT drivers that have been modified so that they can also work with older SigmaTel devices ? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

So my hardware ID is :

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7618&SUBSYS_10280215&REV_1002

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7618&SUBSYS_10280215

In the Stwrt.ini file of the original driver, this matches this file : WRT_D8-6.INI

I have downloaded the modded version 6.10.0.6277. I gathered that I have to copy/paste the pin settings and filter section to some file in the modded driver before installing it. Is this correct ? But I haven't understood how exactly to modify the modded driver (where exactly do I have to copy the settings ??). Furthermore, the Stwrt.ini file in the modded driver folder does not have the line :

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7618&SUBSYS_10280215=WRT_D8-6.INI (like the one I have in the original SigmaTel driver). Is this going to work ?

Please could you help me.

I have a XPS 410. It's been a while since I tried since I now just use the stock driver but I think the IDT drivers didn't work well, last I checked which was a while ago. Michael might have a solution for you soon.

I will, in fact :)

It isn't quite ready though. Expect a release by the end of next weekend.

Here is a pre-release. Give this a shot. You will have to install using the "Have Disk" method, since I stripped the installer. You should uninstall and delete any previous IDT drivers before installing this one. The entire driver is stripped; there is no Control Panel, no APOs, or anything else. Just the basic sound driver. Tell me how it works.

hi

can you please add vaio to your realse.thanks.there audio driver is suck.

I plan to. It would help if I knew the model of PC you had, so I can go to Sony and get the INIs.

thanks a lot

my model is vaio vgn-ar71m

audio id:HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7664&SUBSYS_104D2200

thanks a lot

my model is vaio vgn-ar71m

audio id:HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7664&SUBSYS_104D2200

I tried to download the audio driver and extract the INIs, but 7-zip wouldn't open the archive and it won't self-extract on my laptop because it is a Dell. Can you self-extract it on your computer, rearchive the driver, and put it on a filesharing site somewhere? Otherwise, I will not be able to add support for your laptop.