LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Geforce Go 7900 GS Win 7 driver?

bubbagumper6

Hello,

I'm trying to get Windows 7 Ultimate (32bit) running on my Alienware M9700 but am having a hell of a time getting any graphics drivers to work. The computer defaults to the windows standard VGA adapter, and every time I try to install an actual Nvidia driver when I restart I just get a black screen. I tried several of the latest video drivers from here as well as the latest official driver from Nvidia's own website, all result in the black screen. I did get ok results when I tried installing the video driver that came on my original install disk but it's an incredibly old driver (from 2007) and is actually meant for Windows XP so that's not exactly ideal.

Basically when I go to start the computer it shows the Bios screen, then goes straight into the "Starting Windows" screen where it sits for a minute like it's booting then just goes to a full black screen. It will do that until I reboot in safe mode and uninstall the drivers.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks

Also it's probably worth mentioning my laptop actually has two 7900's running in SLI.

Edited by bubbagumper6

I'm having the same issue and it's driving me NUTS! I have a Dell Inspiron e1705 running Windows 7 Ulimate 32bit. WHERE can I find the driver for this card? Blue screens in normal mode after loading the driver from Windows Update so I am running in safe mode someone help me out here! Thanks!

Yea I just installed 7 and I'm hoping I don't have to go back to XP but this SUCKS I've been looking all over and can't find a compatible driver.