LaptopVideo2Go Forums

World of Warcraft Game crash

Malanthyus

Okay, to start off with, playing on a Sony Vaio VGN-AW310J/H that was purchased at a Military exchange in japan. Currently has Vista 64 Home Premium installed on it (check profile as well) Processor INtel Core 2 Duo T6500/2.10 GHz 4GB RAM, Nvidia GEforce 9600m GT GPU.

To start off with, Sony being Sony, they've stopped updating the drivers on their site for this model, and when I called the help desk, was told my computer was obsolete. Here's the bug, just got the New expansion for World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, and started to get a random game crash. The game freezes up, but it either crashes to desktop, or I can do ctrl-alt-del to get back to desktop and force it to close. There's no consistency to it, it can go hours without happening in fact while playing the game. The only difference is that this started after the recent game expansion.

Are there any modded inf's for my model that I can use to install the more recent drivers for my card, or is this a video card problem? Any help would be appreciated.