LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Michael's NEW IDT/Sigmatel Modded Driver

Michael Marley

I just need to know where to look at because in the drivers and all the INIs I've been modding I haven't found anything about it. The testing I'll do it myself tho. Anything that you might know about... any hints are appreciated thanks :)

I know that the IDT control panel has an option in it for "Redirected Headphone" which mutes the internal speakers and redirects output to the headphones when plugged, but I don't know how or even if this applies to HDMI. I don't actually know much about the INI configuration settings, I mainly just copy the settings from the manufacturer INIs.

OK, here goes.

Both gave me non-compatible, non-signed warnings during installations.

Uninstalled and deleted driver -> back to MS driver -> installed driver.

Old .INI -

Audio configuration available - stereo, quadrophonic, 5.1 surround.

Gives no sound either via built in speakers or headphones.

Able to connect via applications.

Microphones available - Microphone, Microphone Array (this one was used).

Microphone seems to be working (recorded something and audacity shows some reasonable waveform).

New .INI -

Audio configuration available - stereo, quadrophonic.

Gives no sound either via built in speakers or headphones.

Able to connect via applications.

Microphones available - Microphone Array.

Microphone seems to be working (recorded something and audacity shows some reasonable waveform).

Thanks again and let me know what else is needed to help pinpoint the problem.

Sorry to keep stringing you along, but give this one a try.

dell_W92HDM66.INI.txt

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael Marley

• erp-ster7n

• samozen

• coolguy16

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest epiphany

I'm on a Studio XPS 1645. I get no sound out of the speakers, just headphone. I've never had problems with your previous modded drivers.

Also, much appreciate your efforts...

I'm on a Studio XPS 1645. I get no sound out of the speakers, just headphone. I've never had problems with your previous modded drivers.

Also, much appreciate your efforts...

Like I said in the original post, I need your Vendor, Device, and Subsys IDs in order to figure out which configuration file your PC is using.

Guest epiphany

Haha... My fault. I thought you had perfect memory or some kind of savant that can recall any computer make, model, components, etc just from some basic info. Anyway, I have a DELL Studio XPS 1645. The Hardware Ids are:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_7675&SUBSYS_102802FE&REV_1001

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_7675&SUBSYS_102802FE

Anything else you need?

Haha... My fault. I thought you had perfect memory or some kind of savant that can recall any computer make, model, components, etc just from some basic info. Anyway, I have a DELL Studio XPS 1645. The Hardware Ids are:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_7675&SUBSYS_102802FE&REV_1001

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_7675&SUBSYS_102802FE

Anything else you need?

That's all, thanks :) Looking at it now.

OK, your laptop uses the W92HDM66.INI file, the same one that adam777's laptop uses (he was also having the same problem you are.) Can you try replacing the W92HDM66.INI file in the driver package with the one I posted in post #26? Don't forget to remove ".txt" from the end. The forum won't let me upload .ini files.

Okay... it's getting better. The original .INI file had HEADPHONES as default. The updated INI properly made the SPEAKERS default. However, still no sound.

I'm really sorry to keep stringing you guys along, but could you please try removing the semicolon before the "ExtAmpCtrl=" on line 56 and try installing again?

Guest epiphany

First thing - After removing the "semicolon" everything's working fine... Thank you, thank you, thank you...

Secondly - You're waaaaay too self-conscious and nice... I highly doubt that most, if not, all the pple that wants to use your drivers feel at any point that you're "stringing" us along. You're trying to give pple a better alternative and almost, at most one can over the inter-tubes, leading us by the hand for said better alternative. I don't know how anyone can complain about that. If one is frustrated, one can always go back to the drivers they had, and chances are, anyone that takes this endeavor isn't gonna quit too soon if they're at all somewhat like you and I. In summation, thanks for you efforts, again and may you keep doing this for as long as you can. You have at least ONE fan... LOL...

First thing - After removing the "semicolon" everything's working fine... Thank you, thank you, thank you...

Secondly - You're waaaaay too self-conscious and nice... I highly doubt that most, if not, all the pple that wants to use your drivers feel at any point that you're "stringing" us along. You're trying to give pple a better alternative and almost, at most one can over the inter-tubes, leading us by the hand for said better alternative. I don't know how anyone can complain about that. If one is frustrated, one can always go back to the drivers they had, and chances are, anyone that takes this endeavor isn't gonna quit too soon if they're at all somewhat like you and I. In summation, thanks for you efforts, again and may you keep doing this for as long as you can. You have at least ONE fan... LOL...

Thank you :) I'm really glad that it works for you. Ironically enough, enabling the ExtAmpCtrl setting on my laptop makes sound *not* work on the integrated speakers on my laptop. Go figure.

OK, I just uploaded a new version of the driver package that should fix the integrated speakers on Dell Studio laptops. However, it doesn't include the Headphones vs. Speakers default fix. I am hoping that won't be necessary, because it would require re-modding all of the Dell INIs. Epiphany, can you test the new package to make sure it still works?

Nope... No sound from speakers...

Bummer! Well, I guess I will have to update the settings in all of the INIs. This will take a few minutes...

Dell Latitude D820 gets a Code10 upon install.

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7690&SUBSYS_102801CC&REV_1022

Dell Latitude D820 gets a Code10 upon install.

What are the PCI IDs for that?

Nope... No sound from speakers...

Can you try this INI again? I am trying to narrow down which combination of configuration directives makes it work.

dell_W92HDM66.INI.txt

Guest epiphany

One other thing... sorry for chopped up feedback... The Headphones becomes the Default Communications Device, which isn't correct since my laptop has a built in Array Mic setup. Had this same config problem until we resolved it, finally, earlier

One other thing... sorry for chopped up feedback... The Headphones becomes the Default Communications Device, which isn't correct since my laptop has a built in Array Mic setup. Had this same config problem until we resolved it, finally, earlier

Is that with the INI posted in #43?

Guest Epiphany

Fully working...

Something I noticed... The HDMI Output is checked in the Volume Control Options window. I think all three devices on my laptop, HDMI, Headphones, Speakers, were all UNchecked, normally. And the "All devices currently playing sound" was checked. Don't know if this matters...

Fully working...

Something I noticed... The HDMI Output is checked in the Volume Control Options window. I think all three devices on my laptop, HDMI, Headphones, Speakers, were all UNchecked, normally. And the "All devices currently playing sound" was checked. Don't know if this matters...

I don't think the INI controls this. I hate to ask, but could you please test just one more time with this INI? I promise it will be the last time :)

dell_W92HDM66.INI.txt

Hi, sorry to join the party late :)

Everything seems to be working fine with the updated package.

As Epiphany noted, after installing from the package with no custom .INI the defaults are wrong - Headphones for playback (and not speakers) and microphone for recording (and not microphone array), but that's not a real problem as far as I'm concerned.

.INI from post 47 seems to sort the above anyway :)

I can't testify for the HDMI issue, as it's disabled most of the time in my laptop.

I also noticed that initial levels for both speakers and microphone array are not 100% - 46% for speakers, 0% for microphone array.

Also, I should have access to my usual 5.1 speaker system in a couple of days, I'll let you know if everything works fine with that setup.

Thanks again for all your efforts, Adam.

PS.

In previous drivers I had an enhancements tab in speakers properties which had the useful option of "disable all enhancements".

(see http://technicallyeasy.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/disable-all-enhancements.png).

Am I right to assume that such enhancements do not exist in your driver so I shouldn't be worried about disabling?

Edited by adam777