LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Michael's NEW IDT/Sigmatel Modded Driver

Michael Marley

Sorry guys, but this project is now dead too. I hardly had enough time to keep the driver up-to-date with the latest IDT version and I never had time to add any new supported models. It also doesn't help that I spend most of my time at college now, so the only computer I have access to is my own Linux system, which I obviously cannot use to test my drivers.

Once again, I am very sorry.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael Marley

• erp-ster7n

• samozen

• coolguy16

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry guys, but this project is now dead too. I hardly had enough time to keep the driver up-to-date with the latest IDT version and I never had time to add any new supported models. It also doesn't help that I spend most of my time at college now, so the only computer I have access to is my own Linux system, which I obviously cannot use to test my drivers.

Once again, I am very sorry.

The latest driver you posted is functional for Windows 8(x64) so I guess we'll just stick with that one. Also good luck in College! :dogpile:

aww, that's ok Michael. things are hectic on my end here as well. thanks for providing the modded IDT audio drivers when you had that chance. and good luck with your studies in college.

btw, I found versions 6.10.6418.0 and 6.10.6419.0 of the IDT HD audio drivers on MS Update Catalog for Win8:

v6.10.6418.0 > [for 32bit editions of Win8] [for 64bit editions of Win8]

v6.10.6419.0 > [for 64bit editions of Win8]

• 2 weeks later...

Whats up folks. Im new to this forum and Id like to know if the original stripped down idt drivers that MM originally posted are available somewhere. Ive got a desktop audio chip that i wanna try the drivers on and i figure ive got nothing to lose. Also is MM still banned- when did this happen?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Whats up folks. Im new to this forum and Id like to know if the original stripped down idt drivers that MM originally posted are available somewhere. Ive got a desktop audio chip that i wanna try the drivers on and i figure ive got nothing to lose. Also is MM still banned- when did this happen?

Thanks

they're no longer available anywhere, hrmonger. all of MM's modified IDT audio downloads have been removed from his web site. not sure of how & when MM was banned and I'm not going to bother finding out about that.

"This project is dead. I regrettably no longer have the time or resources to maintain it. Thank you for your support."

Banned - that's his own definition :dogpile:

Can somebody upload the final version of the driver before Michael abandoned this project?

• 3 weeks later...

"This project is dead. I regrettably no longer have the time or resources to maintain it. Thank you for your support."

Banned - that's his own definition :dogpile:

Since he was a Mod does that mean he banned himself?

Can somebody upload the final version of the driver before Michael abandoned this project?

I have the final version(i think) but I am not sure if it's okay to upload them or not.

I have the final version(i think) but I am not sure if it's okay to upload them or not.

ask Michael himself if he's okay with you doing that.

New IDT High Definition Audio Codec driver 6.10.6429.0 for 64bit Windows 8 from Windows Update:

http://download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/driver/drvs/2012/10/20511942_86a3ddbfd137de68f90ee6abf4a771f62fec1739.cab

ask Michael himself if he's okay with you doing that.

New IDT High Definition Audio Codec driver 6.10.6429.0 for 64bit Windows 8 from Windows Update:

http://download.wind...1f62fec1739.cab

Michael's aaccount says banned so I don't think he's coming back. :cry1:

Last Active

Offline Today, 01:56 AM ....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

HP IDT High Definition Audio codec version 6.10.6445.0 for Vista/Win7/Win8 and 5.10.6445.0 for XP

(released March 1, 2013):

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp60501-61000/sp60788.exe

release notes on this recent driver package:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp60501-61000/sp60788.html

• 2 weeks later...

Sure, you can upload them.

These days, I use only Linux and therefore don't have a system on which to test drivers.  Also, my new laptop has a Realtek sound chip anyway.

It says "Banned" because once you have a certain number of posts, you are allowed to customize that text.  I figured setting it to "Banned" might be funny.

• 1 month later...

Since he was a Mod does that mean he banned himself?

Michael has spoken. So can you please upload the last build? Much appreciate.

Michael has spoken. So can you please upload the last build? Much appreciate.

I apologize for taking so long I had to repair my notebook.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Byx2-k8qUVWHZHA1czNibXhSblk/edit?usp=sharing

• 2 years later...

Hello everyone. I am trying to figure out a working driver for windows 10x64 for my HP EliteBook 8470p. The one available from HP is from 2012, it tried to install the latest tempo which i could find on station-drivers.com but no success. Do You know any source where i can find the latest modded driver that works with that laptop model?Have a nice day everyone!

• 1 year later...

Would this give me the ability to use DTS/Pro Logic II on IDT audio? I ran into some errors trying to install update from .cab maybe there is .exe alternative?

• 1 month later...
On 11/5/2017 at 9:53 AM, joe7dust said:

Would this give me the ability to use DTS/Pro Logic II on IDT audio? I ran into some errors trying to install update from .cab maybe there is .exe alternative?

no.

Dolby Pro Logic II and  DTS Neo stuff requires a "digital" audio port on the back of the PC (the HP Pavilion 500 223w specs do NOT have a digital SPDIF coaxial nor optical audio port at the back; just standard analog audio jacks)

No IDT audio driver (whether modded or unmodded) will allow those options.  You need a hardware upgrade (a 3rd party sound card), along with a 5.1 or 7.1 speaker sound system to actually experience either DTS Neo or Dolby Pro Logic.

• 2 months later...
On 12/14/2017 at 11:26 PM, erp-ster7n said:

no.

Dolby Pro Logic II and  DTS Neo stuff requires a "digital" audio port on the back of the PC (the HP Pavilion 500 223w specs do NOT have a digital SPDIF coaxial nor optical audio port at the back; just standard analog audio jacks)

No IDT audio driver (whether modded or unmodded) will allow those options.  You need a hardware upgrade (a 3rd party sound card), along with a 5.1 or 7.1 speaker sound system to actually experience either DTS Neo or Dolby Pro Logic.

on second thought, the Dolby Pro Logic & DTS Connect options are hidden in the IDT audio DLL & CPL files and are only shown in the IDT Audio Control Panel app when properly configured thru the INI files.

joe7dust, I will need the hardware device ID number of the IDT audio device on the HP Pavilion 500-223w machine if you need a modded driver.  the v6.10.6504.0 IDT audio CAB driver packs from Microsoft do not support your IDT audio device and I have to manually add your hardware ID onto the INF & INI files

11 minutes ago, erp-ster7n said:

on second thought, the Dolby Pro Logic & DTS Connect options are hidden in the IDT audio DLL & CPL files and are only shown in the IDT Audio Control Panel app when properly configured thru the INI files.

joe7dust, I will need the hardware device ID number of the IDT audio device on the HP Pavilion 500-223w machine if you need a modded driver.  the v6.10.6504.0 IDT audio CAB driver packs from Microsoft do not support your IDT audio device and I have to manually add your hardware ID onto the INF & INI files

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76F3&SUBSYS_103C2AF7&REV_1002
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76F3&SUBSYS_103C2AF7

I thought you said it was impossible, what will that do?>

believe it or not joe, you can use the following driver packs from HP based on your hardware ID:

sp65023.exe (v6.10.6491.0)

sp65946.exe (v6.10.6496.0)

sp71717.exe (v6.10.6504.0) - this one is fully Win10 compatible

unfortunately, none of these drivers enable the Dolby Pro Logic & DTS options; on the other hand, I think the latest version will show some DTS support but it's a different DTS option (an unrelated one) altogether.  And I found out that Dolby Pro Logic II is from the 2nd generation Dolby (aka. "Dolby Spruce") found in really old drivers (I think the IDT drivers from late 2009 or sometime in 2010) and the updated drivers may or may not have them anymore due to IDT changing the control panel UI in new drivers.   Plus Dolby ProLogic II requires an actual 5.1 speaker sound system connected to the proper audio ports and doesn't work or is not available when connecting plain 2.0/2.1 stereo speakers.  so maybe I was right the first time but for different reasons.

Ah so you are using digital optical connections [what kind of receiver are you using?]   you definitely need to install a 3rd party sound card because your HP Pavilion 500 223w computer does not even have an SPDIF optical port at the back of your PC for connecting that receiver [but I have an old HP Pavilion m8417c computer that uses an onboard Realtek ALC888s audio chip with an orange SPDIF coaxial port (no optical port) at the back].  an ASUS Xonar SGX PCIe or Sound Blaster Zx sound card might do nicely.

my family & I have recently switched internet providers; got rid of slow DSL for cable internet which is running at 65Mbps download speed & 11Mbps upload speed