LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Michael's NEW IDT/Sigmatel Modded Driver

Michael Marley

Guest TestThePooh

Hey Michael,

This is really nice!, thank you so much for sharing your work once again.

I have tried this drivers (was using 6255 for a long time) and it works flawlessly, i personally love the idea of having a fast updated working driver without all the bloat the other drivers install...

However one thing i really miss is the equalizer and the bass boost effect, i normally use my laptop built in speakers and the output sound is significantly improved, i know you said you wouldn't add them back and im not asking you to do it, im asking if you would help me add these two back...

I think they are APO effects, so i tried moving the corresponding dlls to the folder and adding them to the model ini and the EQ part at the end of the ini as well.

Something like

[ReplaceDlls.32]
stapo.dll = 0x25
stcplx.dll = 0x25
ctapo32.dll = 0x25

[ReplaceDlls.64]
stapo64.dll = 0x25
stcplx64.dll = 0x25
ctapo64.dll = 0x25
ctapo32.dll = 0x25

and

[HKLM\Software\IDT\APO\GFX\Speaker\plugins\SysEq]
Load = dword: 1
IdEffect = dword: 101
IdEffectType = dword: 1
Order = dword: 1100
[HKLM\Software\IDT\APO\GFX\Speaker\presets\_Initial\SysEq]
NumBands = dword:12
RegVersion = dword: 1
Bypass = dword: 0
[HKLM\Software\IDT\Apo\Gfx\Speaker\Presets\_Initial\SysEq\Band0]
idxBand = dword: 0
Flags = dword: 0
ChannelMask = dword: 63
Type = dword: 4
GroupId = dword: 0
Freq = dword: 150
GainDbx1000 = dword: 0
Bandwidthx1000 = dword: 1000
[HKLM\Software\IDT\Apo\Gfx\Speaker\Presets\_Initial\SysEq\Band1]
idxBand = dword: 1
Flags = dword: 0
ChannelMask = dword: 63
Type = dword: 0
etc...

The driver installed fine, however i do not get the options in the sound properties, perhaps there is a line which adds the options to the UI perhaps a dll (because i didn't add the IDT control panel, however when you get the options you get it in the CP but in the sound properties section as well)

But maybe the CPL file handles that, i don't know i think i will continue trying, but if you somehow can give me an advice, well that would be great =D

Thanks again for sharing this with us!

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael Marley

• erp-ster7n

• samozen

• coolguy16

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So we just download the HP 6315.0 driver and drop these files into the folder?

So we just download the HP 6315.0 driver and drop these files into the folder?

No, this is a complete driver. You have to install it using the Have Disk method.

Hey Michael,

This is really nice!, thank you so much for sharing your work once again.

I have tried this drivers (was using 6255 for a long time) and it works flawlessly, i personally love the idea of having a fast updated working driver without all the bloat the other drivers install...

However one thing i really miss is the equalizer and the bass boost effect, i normally use my laptop built in speakers and the output sound is significantly improved, i know you said you wouldn't add them back and im not asking you to do it, im asking if you would help me add these two back...

I think they are APO effects, so i tried moving the corresponding dlls to the folder and adding them to the model ini and the EQ part at the end of the ini as well.

Something like

The driver installed fine, however i do not get the options in the sound properties, perhaps there is a line which adds the options to the UI perhaps a dll (because i didn't add the IDT control panel, however when you get the options you get it in the CP but in the sound properties section as well)

But maybe the CPL file handles that, i don't know i think i will continue trying, but if you somehow can give me an advice, well that would be great =D

Thanks again for sharing this with us!

If you want the APO stuff, you should probably have a look at MobileNvidia's INF/INI. You will have to manually update that, though.

No, this is a complete driver. You have to install it using the Have Disk method.

If you want the APO stuff, you should probably have a look at MobileNvidia's INF/INI. You will have to manually update that, though.

Oh I thought it needed it since there was no exe file, ok well i will have to reinstall the driver then, thanks again. :)

Oh I thought it needed it since there was no exe file, ok well i will have to reinstall the driver then, thanks again. :)

It will probably work fine replacing the files, but it isn't the method I tested. How are the drivers working for you?

I just updated the package again, this should fix all the reported issues with the Dell Studio laptops.

It will probably work fine replacing the files, but it isn't the method I tested. How are the drivers working for you?

It works like this, but I just went ahead and did your method to avoid any issues.

I just updated the driver package again. This time I have fixed the BSoD encountered on several WRT_M2-7 laptops. (Samozen, this means you :) )

Thanks to Mobilenvidia for finding the fix.

doesn't work on my alienware m17x. after installation and restart i get no sound and a "driver not working" error

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_7675&SUBSYS_1028043A&REV_1001

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_7675&SUBSYS_1028043A

doesn't work on my alienware m17x. after installation and restart i get no sound and a "driver not working" error

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_7675&SUBSYS_1028043A&REV_1001

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_7675&SUBSYS_1028043A

Your model isn't supported yet. I will add it after I finish fixing redirected headphone support.

cant get to work on my Studio 1555

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_7675&SUBSYS_102802BE&REV_1001

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_7675&SUBSYS_102802BE

when i try to install it says (google translated): device utility functions must be carried out before the end of the installation is completed

jepp, I have the exact same hardware as you.

Make sure you completely uninstall current driver before trying to install this one.

First, uninstall any IDT software that might be in programs menu, than go to device manager, uninstall and delete driver.

Run a scan for changed hardware, let it install the default MS driver and install from that driver to this one.

Works for me :)

Here is information for Dell Precision M90 --

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7690&SUBSYS_102801CF&REV_1022

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7690&SUBSYS_102801CF

Get driver fails to start. Maybe it's not supported but please let me know.

Your device is in the list, so it should be supported. Right now, the INIs are changing quite a bit but I should have some changes you can test by tomorrow at this time.

I just made a relatively major update that should completely fix redirected headphone support on all systems that use it. Before, plugging in the headphone would not activate the output device, but now it does. This however, required adding a few DLLs and the stacsv(64) service back, doubling the download size of the driver.

cant get to work on my Studio 1555

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_7675&SUBSYS_102802BE&REV_1001

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_7675&SUBSYS_102802BE

when i try to install it says (google translated): device utility functions must be carried out before the end of the installation is completed

I just made a relatively major update that should completely fix redirected headphone support on all systems that use it. Before, plugging in the headphone would not activate the output device, but now it does. This however, required adding a few DLLs and the stacsv(64) service back, doubling the download size of the driver.

this one seems to install fine, service is visible in the service manager but driver claims to be 62xx and after reboot it dont work

Hi Michael,

I can't say that I was surprised that I was not able to utilize my 5.1 system with the driver in its current state.

After some googling, it seems that jack retasking (i.e. changing what each sound jack inputs/outputs) is done in registry, but I suppose that if packing the IDT control panel is an option for the sake of this feature, it'll probably the easiest solution.

That being said, I'll try and find some sort of reference for the registry keys, so a different approach might be possible (came across registry reference for Realtek chips).

Adam.

could some upload the driver to another server in rar archive cause i have problems in extracting the file.thanks

i got blue screen during the install

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: 1000007e

BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005

BCP2: FFFFF880090052B4

BCP3: FFFFF880031F5768

BCP4: FFFFF880031F4FC0

OS Version: 6_1_7601

Service Pack: 1_0

Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\020611-25958-01.dmp

C:\Users\KOLMINA\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-55520-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Edited by samozen

this one seems to install fine, service is visible in the service manager but driver claims to be 62xx and after reboot it dont work

I'm not sure what is causing your problem. Someone else has the exact same laptop as you and it works. Are you running 32- or 64-bit?

Hi Michael,

I can't say that I was surprised that I was not able to utilize my 5.1 system with the driver in its current state.

After some googling, it seems that jack retasking (i.e. changing what each sound jack inputs/outputs) is done in registry, but I suppose that if packing the IDT control panel is an option for the sake of this feature, it'll probably the easiest solution.

That being said, I'll try and find some sort of reference for the registry keys, so a different approach might be possible (came across registry reference for Realtek chips).

Adam.

Since my most recent update, it has actually become possible to run the control panel normally (even though it is not installed). You can download the standard 6315 driver from HP and run idtcpl.cpl or idtcpl64.cpl.

could some upload the driver to another server in rar archive cause i have problems in extracting the file.thanks

i got blue screen during the install

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: 1000007e

BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005

BCP2: FFFFF880090052B4

BCP3: FFFFF880031F5768

BCP4: FFFFF880031F4FC0

OS Version: 6_1_7601

Service Pack: 1_0

Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\020611-25958-01.dmp

C:\Users\KOLMINA\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-55520-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft....88&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Bummer, I guess my last update didn't fix it. I will look at it again.

Last night when I was working on some new features I found a mistake that I made in the INI. It is fixed now. Can you try again with the latest package?

Hi Michael,

The IDT control panel indeed loads, but unfortunately no jacks are presented, and so no jack retasking can be done.

I do have an idea on how to solve the issue, so I'll be in touch.

Meanwhile, those are the registry keys that control volume level for the speakers and Microphone Array, perhaps you could integrate them into the installation process.

Obviously, you should check if your registry keys are the same first :)

(Values are for 100% volume level).

Speakers

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\CLASS\{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0007\Settings\filter\Speaker\MasterVolume

Type: REG_DWORD, Length: 4, Data: 0

Microphone Array

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\CLASS\{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0007\Settings\filter\MicIn\MicInRecVolume

Type: REG_DWORD, Length: 4, Data: 1474560

Hi Michael,

The IDT control panel indeed loads, but unfortunately no jacks are presented, and so no jack retasking can be done.

I do have an idea on how to solve the issue, so I'll be in touch.

Meanwhile, those are the registry keys that control volume level for the speakers and Microphone Array, perhaps you could integrate them into the installation process.

Obviously, you should check if your registry keys are the same first :)

(Values are for 100% volume level).

Speakers

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\CLASS\{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0007\Settings\filter\Speaker\MasterVolume

Type: REG_DWORD, Length: 4, Data: 0

Microphone Array

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\CLASS\{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0007\Settings\filter\MicIn\MicInRecVolume

Type: REG_DWORD, Length: 4, Data: 1474560

I have that problem with the control panel too. If I remember correctly, the "next-generation" version of the control panel (idtngcpl64.cpl or something like that) does properly display the jacks. I am not sure which driver version that comes with though.

As for the registry keys, I will have a look. I don't like the look of those long strings of hex data though.

Success! (well, kind of... )

Using the control panel from this package, found on Intel's download center I'm able to get 5.1 sound.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=19282〈=eng

Weird thing is, when I launch the control panel application, I'm able to set jacks configuration and the .CPL tells me to connect the speakers cables in this order - front, rear, center/sub.

However, connecting the speakers this way results in a wrong speaker redirection (rear audio played on front speakers etc.).

Good thing is I remember the correct order for my machine - rear, center/sub, front.

Connected and voila! 5.1 sound.

Obviously not an ideal solution, but it works :)

I suppose I might be able to dig up the relevant registry keys, let me know if it might be of assistance.

Also, on a side note, it would be very helpful if you could maintain a permanent location for tracking changes made to the driver package (assuming this isn't a one-time thing :))

It can be a new file name with each update "st-idt-6315.0-v1" "st-idt-6315.0-v2" "st-idt-6316.0-v1", a changelog file, a last modified time stamp or about anything that can be parsed textually in order to track changes.

Thanks again, Adam.

Edited by adam777

Success! (well, kind of... )

Using the control panel from this package, found on Intel's download center I'm able to get 5.1 sound.

http://downloadcente...=19282〈=eng

Weird thing is, when I launch the control panel application, I'm able to set jacks configuration and the .CPL tells me to connect the speakers cables in this order - front, rear, center/sub.

However, connecting the speakers this way results in a wrong speaker redirection (rear audio played on front speakers etc.).

Good thing is I remember the correct order for my machine - rear, center/sub, front.

Connected and voila! 5.1 sound.

Obviously not an ideal solution, but it works :)

PS.

I suppose I might be able to dig up the relevant registry keys, let me know if it might be of assistance.

I'm glad you got it working! I'm sorry about the incorrect jack assignments, but I don't know how to fix it. I think I already used up all my luck getting sound to work at all :)